• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Kagey K

Banned
Hard to track now his entire account/profile is gone. I wondered if something happened in the Next Gen/SonyGAF Safe Space thread, but nothing.

Even so, wouldn't it appear on the ban list? He's popular enough that this would get questioned eventually.
He had to have requested his account get deleted. It’s the only time I’ve seen something like that happen.

Only the mods would be able to answer this question.

splattered

I was banned from the speculation thread but never added to the ban list page specifying why. I have a comment on my alerts up top that just says "your input is no longer needed" I tried messaging Mod of War about the ban and he never even bothered to reply. I guess i'm fine not posting in that thread as it will be closed soon but i've seen a LOT worse go down in there with no bans versus what little stupid shit i may have said.

Hostile_18

Banned
I'm all digital now for many years but I really wanted the Dead Space Trilogy. I saw mint copies for £14 last night in ebay so bought them with the mindset that in the future if they ever go on sale I'll buy them (rather than pay £45 now)... less than 12 hours later they went on sale... so I got them for 11 pounds total digitally.

Not sure if this was lucky or unlucky. I'll go with lucky because I also got Silent Hill collection digitally in the same sale. Was £24.99 now £6.99. 😁

What if it’s WB? Can you imagine? Highly doubtful....but....

Would that mean MS would have the rights to the LEGO games? Or would the LEGO licence be a separate thing?

TBH I don't think WB is worth it for anyone if they don't get MK and at least long-term (10 years) exclusive game IP rights to one of the major DC IP like Batman or Justice League. And I think I heard some people on a podcast today saying MK rights which were originally in the deal during earlier negotiations were taken of the table.

I get the allure of the DC IP and MK for a lot of folks, but I also think without MK IP rights and long-term rights or at least one massive DC property in terms of exclusivity on games, that $4 billion or whatever they were asking for could be better spent on other avenues. And again, that goes towards everyone, not just Microsoft.

If the pot is sweet though, then that makes everything a whole lot better and worth the money.

I was banned from the speculation thread but never added to the ban list page specifying why. I have a comment on my alerts up top that just says "your input is no longer needed" I tried messaging Mod of War about the ban and he never even bothered to reply. I guess i'm fine not posting in that thread as it will be closed soon but i've seen a LOT worse go down in there with no bans versus what little stupid shit i may have said.

Stopped posting in the Next-Gen speculation thread sometime around late Spring, I really can't be asked to know what might've been going down in there after that point. I just remember a lot of certain types of circle-jerking usually in favor of one console and in spite of another console...you can probably guess which ones are which xD.

Wondering what's happened with X-Fighter tho like the rest of you; hopefully it's just as simple as he wanted to delete his account. I.e hopefully it's nothing involving illegal activity or some life crisis they might be going through, either of those would be very unfortunate.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
What if it’s WB? Can you imagine? Highly doubtful....but....

Would that mean MS would have the rights to the LEGO games? Or would the LEGO licence be a separate thing?

Not For sale at present, as a public company it would really need to announce that it was for sale.

They're in a weird spot where the studios are more valuable to them than they are to anyone else. They need people to leverage their IP, and they clearly don't want to give away the rights to their IP for gaming.

The rights to all of DC, the LOTR films, and Harry Potter would be insanely valuable. Lego too.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Lol good catch; it's kind of a stealth statement on MS's part insofar as how they'll be handling the Zenimax stuff once the deal is finalized (sometime in early 2021). The deal still going through regs is the reason they can't say anything definitive, but the intent is clear.

Tho even I was thinking for a second at least ESO would still be cross-platform with PS, but for business reasons I can see why that would be a bad idea. Basically anyone saying MS needs PS to recoup the costs on the Zenimax purchase aren't considering 3 very important things. By putting those games on PS, they condition PS gamers who are more ardent in not wanting to dip into other ecosystems, so MS loses on that front by:

1: Giving up a 30% cut in profit to Sony

2: Losing potential sales of Series S and Series X consoles

3: Losing potential subscribers to Gamepass.

Last point alone should be reason enough to understand why MS are very likely not going to bring any of the Zenimax games (that aren't Death Loop and Ghostwire Tokyo) to PlayStation. It just makes zero financial sense for the long-term in their business strategy, not unless Sony's willing to bring some of their 1P to Xbox platforms (more likely a meteor crashes in the ocean and unearths Atlantis than that 😆)

I think ESO and FO76 will be on PS5 since I think both are already on PlayStation, but the absurd narrative being pushed by delusional fanboys that Xbox needs to put $7.5B worth of 1st party games on PS5 is batshit crazy.

They keep bragging about their massive fanbase, but it's a new gen and they are starting from zero. Sooo:
1. According to the Sony fanboys they all have gaming PCs so can just buy them for PC - no sales lost there.
2. A lot of people are getting BOTH consoles so they can buy them on the Series X/S - no sales lost there
3. What is the attach rate even for big blockbuster games maybe 10%-20% max?

So how many sales would they even lose. Say 15% of the PS5 user base would buy Bethesda games; after you deduct players that have a PC and/or an Xbox it's drop in the bucket compared to PC, Android and possibly even iOS in the future. Why even bother?

Andodalf

Banned
I think ESO and FO76 will be on PS5 since I think both are already on PlayStation, but the absurd narrative being pushed by delusional fanboys that Xbox needs to put $7.5B worth of 1st party games on PS5 is batshit crazy.

They keep bragging about their massive fanbase, but it's a new gen and they are starting from zero. Sooo:
1. According to the Sony fanboys they all have gaming PCs so can just buy them for PC - no sales lost there.
2. A lot of people are getting BOTH consoles so they can buy them on the Series X/S - no sales lost there
3. What is the attach rate even for big blockbuster games maybe 10%-20% max?

So how many sales would they even lose. Say 15% of the PS5 user base would buy Bethesda games; after you deduct players that have a PC and/or an Xbox it's drop in the bucket compared to PC, Android and possibly even iOS in the future. Why even bother?

If Xcloud really gets rolling on Android and IOS, they literally expand their potential market 50x. It makes PS look irrevelent.

Jemm

Wow, what the hell...

He's not on the ban list, what actually happened?
I wondered if something happened in the Next Gen/SonyGAF Safe Space thread, but nothing.

Even so, wouldn't it appear on the ban list? He's popular enough that this would get questioned eventually.

X-Fighter compared the packaging quality of the consoles in the next-gen thread and got attacked by about everyone.

Concern

Reminder Series S and Series X unboxing embargo ends, officially, in an hour.

I mean we've seen it already but lol

Unboxing embargoes are so pointless. Haven't we already seen unboxing videos anyway? Lol

Any idea what's the next embargo?

Hi guys

Long time lurker of the forum. I tried registers yonks ago but was unable to. Recently I discovered that I could register through discord and I was approved. Yay!

Anyway, I've mostly been a PS gamer, usually preferring their exclusives. I did have a 360 at some point though. I was just having a discussion in one of the threads and a few Sony fans have accused me of being an alt account because its new and no one would possibly switch over to the xbox.... Especially with the launch line up (which is admittedly not great). They were inferring that fake accounts are set up and claim they are 'switching' to gain more sales or something???? I've even told them to check out my PSN account and see what console I've been playing (same name as my account)

I still love the PlayStation and their games, but I really do feel the community has become so toxic. I'll probably get a PS5 at some point but I probably won't game online as much on it. I hope the community is better on the xbox.

Andodalf

Banned
Hi guys

Long time lurker of the forum. I tried registers yonks ago but was unable to. Recently I discovered that I could register through discord and I was approved. Yay!

Anyway, I've mostly been a PS gamer, usually preferring their exclusives. I did have a 360 at some point though. I was just having a discussion in one of the threads and a few Sony fans have accused me of being an alt account because its new and no one would possibly switch over to the xbox.... Especially with the launch line up (which is admittedly not great). They were inferring that fake accounts are set up and claim they are 'switching' to gain more sales or something???? I've even told them to check out my PSN account and see what console I've been playing (same name as my account)

I still love the PlayStation and their games, but I really do feel the community has become so toxic. I'll probably get a PS5 at some point but I probably won't game online as much on it. I hope the community is better on the xbox.

All gamers are welcome in this thread! And don’t worry, when the power gap becomes clear the real PS fans will settle down after some humble pie, and the warriors will just move on to new accounts to hide all their terrible takes. It’s the way things go

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Hi guys

You're only allowed here if you make a blood sacrifice to the Game Pass gods.

/s

Don't let the negativity of other threads hurt you here. It can be a bit overwhelming for new people. use that report button when necessary and have fun. Welcome!

I just want Nov. 10th to get here already. Saw that some of the RDX crew (Dealer, Colt) just got some consoles early. I look forward to their videos from the prospective of diehard Xbox fans.

Mr.ODST

I was banned on there to ask the same question on why I was banned after pointing out someone being a Sony Fanboy but no warning just straight up banned

I think mods just ban anyone from that thread if they like Xbox

Top Bottom