• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Forsythia

That does not seems to be true, I am in Alpha Skip-Ahead and already have this section on X1X, however it's buggy.

Yeah, I know this, but in this video they clearly say it's exclusive. Lets hope we'll get another update this week which enables this on One X/S

About why he doesn'toesnt outright say Zenimax games are exclusive (but they are)

First of all, I would like to say that we haven’t acquired ZeniMax . We have announced our intention to acquire ZeniMax. It is going through regulatory approval and we don’t see any issues there. We expect early in 2021 the deal will close. But I say that because I want people to know, I’m not sitting down with Todd Howard and Robert Altman and planning their future. Because I’m currently not allowed to do that, that would be illegal .

On studios;

With the growth that we are seeing, I expect we will constantly be in this mode of bringing more creators into the fold

Lots more great quotes about Game Pass, new studios etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Mandalorian Controller
RE4CIpm

Did I miss the announcement on this? $160?? I think the elite controller at $180 is already absurd but $160 and it's just a stock controller?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

About why he doesn'toesnt outright say Zenimax games are exclusive (but they are)

First of all, I would like to say that we haven’t acquired ZeniMax . We have announced our intention to acquire ZeniMax. It is going through regulatory approval and we don’t see any issues there. We expect early in 2021 the deal will close. But I say that because I want people to know, I’m not sitting down with Todd Howard and Robert Altman and planning their future. Because I’m currently not allowed to do that, that would be illegal .

On studios;

With the growth that we are seeing, I expect we will constantly be in this mode of bringing more creators into the fold

Lots more great quotes about Game Pass, new studios etc

That sounds to me like he would love to point blank say the Bethesda games will be exclusive to Xbox ecosystem and he has certainly strongly hinted at it, but he can't outright say it at this time.

I really appreciate the communication we get from the top levels of Xbox. Really good stuff in that interview and more and more the road map for Microsoft becomes clear.

My first foray into 4K/HDR gaming over the past several weeks has recharged my love of gaming and with the new consoles almost here I’m excited to dig into my backlog over the upcoming Pandemic Winter. By the time I get through that, I’m hoping the MGS heavy hitters will start to appear - Flight Sim, Halo, etc.....

I’m thinking of heading to EB Games today to see if I can put down a pre-order for a launch XSX. 😬

Riky

$MSFT
I have a question about the next gen Xbox, hopefully someone here knows the answer.

If I buy an Xbox Series X at my place, and buy my son a Series S for his Mom's house, can he play his games/saves at my house when he comes over by logging into his user account?

If I download his games (under his account) to my console?

If you know of any preview that talks about this kind of stuff I would appreciate you letting me know.

Yes

Log onto the Series S with your profile and set it to your home console. He can then use all your games including Gamepass if you have it, his saves work with his account regardless.

Then log into your Series X on his account and set it to his home console and you get access to his games.

splattered

Man i REALLY hope Xbox comes out with a family Game Pass Ultimate plan. My wife and i already both have GPU through 2022 because of that $1 deal but both of my kids would greatly benefit from GPU too. I would easily pay $30 per month for a family plan if it allows at least 4 family members to share the benefits.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Man i REALLY hope Xbox comes out with a family Game Pass Ultimate plan. My wife and i already both have GPU through 2022 because of that $1 deal but both of my kids would greatly benefit from GPU too. I would easily pay $30 per month for a family plan if it allows at least 4 family members to share the benefits.
I did the dollar deal for myself and my g/f and set her 1X as my home. Then did it again on my daughters account and set her home as the Xbox my son has. That way we all have gamepass. It was the best way I could find to it so all 4 of us could have it on all 4 consoles.

Last edited:

splattered

I did the dollar deal for myself and my g/f and set her 1X as my home. Then did it again on my daughters account and set her home as the Xbox my son has. That way we all have gamepass. It was the best way I could find to it so all 4 of us could have it on all 4 consoles.

Yeah i could do the same thing on my son's xbox, my daughters is already his home xbox. We are cross sharing benefits that way but i didn't want to lock myself into a third GPU subscription yet in case they do come out with a family subscription plan.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah i could do the same thing on my son's xbox, my daughters is already his home xbox. We are cross sharing benefits that way but i didn't want to lock myself into a third GPU subscription yet in case they do come out with a family subscription plan.
Why do you have two? Your wife and you should be sharing one.

Concern

Kind of concerned for them as well. From 6 platforms to 9, split over 2 generations, and with 4 Xbox versions of a game alone. 10 and 5 if we count X-cloud. They’re just a couple of guys, not an entire media outlet with dozens of employees.

I’d honestly recommend dropping/reducing coverage of the older platforms, as that’s hardly where DF’s audience will be anymore. If something has to go (and nobody wants that, but...) that makes the most sense.

Imo they should just drop last gen altogether. Let someone else deal with that headache. Stick to xsx/ps5/pc and that's it.

splattered

Why do you have two? Your wife and you should be sharing one.

My wife's is my home xbox so she gets all my benefits, and then my son's xbox is my wife's home xbox so he gets her benefits, and then my daughters xbox is my son's home xbox so she gets his benefits though we haven't converted his to GPU in hopes that they put out a family plan. We tried putting our profiles on our kids xboxes to see if they could get the benefits of having our profiles on their machines but the only way it would work is if we were logged into them at the same time that the kids were. And we all play games at the same times sometimes so that wouldn't work out very well.

Kagey K

Banned
My wife's is my home xbox so she gets all my benefits, and then my son's xbox is my wife's home xbox so he gets her benefits, and then my daughters xbox is my son's home xbox so she gets his benefits though we haven't converted his to GPU in hopes that they put out a family plan. We tried putting our profiles on our kids xboxes to see if they could get the benefits of having our profiles on their machines but the only way it would work is if we were logged into them at the same time that the kids were. And we all play games at the same times sometimes so that wouldn't work out very well.
Yeah a family plant would definitely work better for your situation.

Mr.ODST

Imagine Nov 9th comes and they announce the Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta?

On a serious note love my Xbox but still deciding if to just get a S for Halo and get a PS5 or stick with my Series X preorder and get a digital PS5 later down the line, want to preorder my games at somepoint but still deciding on platform

12 new hires for The Initiative from all over but mostly Sony first party; Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica etc

(Blizzard and Bungie in there too)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andodalf

Banned
Not sure how accurate that number is, but they've got some serious talent in there.

Copied from Xboxera

Yeah they’ve got a ton of big names, which has always been my take on the studio, they’re AAAA because they get the absolute best talent. But at some point you need to ramp up hiring to put together a major modern title. Skyrim had a team of around 100, and that was 2 gens and a decade ago.

Yeah they’ve got a ton of big names, which has always been my take on the studio, they’re AAAA because they get the absolute best talent. But at some point you need to ramp up hiring to put together a major modern title. Skyrim had a team of around 100, and that was 2 gens and a decade ago.

Seems like the 60 number is only former game industry people, ie plucked from other studios (see my edited post) - the number could be higher outside that.

I agree of course, but I think they'll get there

Top Bottom