• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Not a guy who has love for puzzle games but I’ll check out The Medium, I definitely like the atmosphere it gives off.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Just wanted to jump in and say hi!

I was a big fan of Xbox since the original console, but admittedly fell off halfway through the Xbox One generation with them releasing their games on PC. "I just don't see a point in owning both" and "Why would you buy an Xbox if you have a good PC?" both came out of my mouth in the last couple years...however..

Today I pulled the trigger on a Series X bundle ($650 after tax for console, extra controller, GP 3 months, and Forza Horizon 4 which I already own). My PC is having shutdown issues and that combined with the prices of GPUs being insane and not looking to go down anytime soon (My RX580 8GB is struggling to run modern games especially when I wanna play on my 4K tv) got me looking back into the ecosystem and I felt like I should jump in. I already own a PS5 Digital, and while 90% of games are available on both it was really my love for Forza and Halo combined with the fact that Game Pass on console is just nuts that got me to buy it.

While I'm admittedly more of a PlayStation guy I have some great memories with Xbox, and I'm looking forward to creating some more with you guys. Hey, maybe Halo Infinite will actually turn out to be great!
Welcome to Team Green :messenger_beaming:

sainraja

Gotcha. I am guessing you missed my OG post then because I said nearly the exact same thing.
I didn't miss it. Your OG post is the one I was responding to, wasn't I?

I was pointing out or trying to clarify that it wasn't because the ideas were too early for the time that they didn't work, it was simply down to how the execution.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I didn't miss it. Your OG post is the one I was responding to, wasn't I?

I was pointing out or trying to clarify that it wasn't because the ideas were too early for the time that they didn't work, it was simply down to how the execution.
Negative.

"I really think the biggest issue with the 2013 fiasco was the way they presented it. You had different people in the media getting told different things and when it came to things like borrowing games or trading them in there was a big fat TBD on everything. If you were going for such a radical change you have to be on fucking point with your messaging and thats where it fell. I mean you had an exec out there saying buy a 360 instead. Like obviously he wasn't going to say buy a PS4 but he might as well of. It was beyond embarrassing."

DaGwaphics

I was a big fan of Xbox since the original console, but admittedly fell off halfway through the Xbox One generation with them releasing their games on PC. "I just don't see a point in owning both" and "Why would you buy an Xbox if you have a good PC?" both came out of my mouth in the last couple years...however..

Today I pulled the trigger on a Series X bundle ($650 after tax for console, extra controller, GP 3 months, and Forza Horizon 4 which I already own). My PC is having shutdown issues and that combined with the prices of GPUs being insane and not looking to go down anytime soon (My RX580 8GB is struggling to run modern games especially when I wanna play on my 4K tv) got me looking back into the ecosystem and I felt like I should jump in. I already own a PS5 Digital, and while 90% of games are available on both it was really my love for Forza and Halo combined with the fact that Game Pass on console is just nuts that got me to buy it.

While I'm admittedly more of a PlayStation guy I have some great memories with Xbox, and I'm looking forward to creating some more with you guys. Hey, maybe Halo Infinite will actually turn out to be great!

Do you have photo evidence to support you are an Xbox user? What about achievements, etc.? We do have to worry about being infiltrated, this is a console war, it's not fun and games. :messenger_winking_tongue:

sainraja

Negative.

"I really think the biggest issue with the 2013 fiasco was the way they presented it. You had different people in the media getting told different things and when it came to things like borrowing games or trading them in there was a big fat TBD on everything. If you were going for such a radical change you have to be on fucking point with your messaging and thats where it fell. I mean you had an exec out there saying buy a 360 instead. Like obviously he wasn't going to say buy a PS4 but he might as well of. It was beyond embarrassing."

Ah, got it. I didn't see that post. All good then.

Chukhopops

If you have GP and like platformers I cannot recommend Cyber Shadow enough, finished it just now and it was fantastic, perfect controls, amazing soundtrack, very challenging but fair and fairly short with no bloat.

Finished it in 6.5 hours and 217 deaths so around a death every less than two minutes.

I' m really hoping on Halo Infinite. I really enjoyed multiplayer on Halo 5 for a few years, but I'm dying for a good co-op Halo campaign to play with my friends.

Welcome to Team Green :messenger_beaming:
Thanks mate. Looking forward to jumping back in the pool.
I' m really hoping on Halo Infinite. I really enjoyed multiplayer on Halo 5 for a few years, but I'm dying for a good co-op Halo campaign to play with my friends.
Same! I have great memories of playing through Halo campaigns with my friend.
I hate when people say that "___ game is a good game but not a good ___ game" but while Halo 5 is a good shooter mechanically I just didn't think it was a good Halo game. Multiplayer was definitely fun for what I played though.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Welcome to dark side. Prepare to witness the power of Game Pass and its revelatory ability to make you rethink how, when, or if you purchase games.

MicTyson

Neo Member
I bought a Series S about a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it.

I'm a stickler for build quality and this is one of the nicest systems I have owned and I have had about everything since the NES and Master system gen.

Couldn't recommend it enough for someone who wants a cheaper option and doesn't buy a lot of games anymore like myself.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I bought a Series S about a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it.

I'm a stickler for build quality and this is one of the nicest systems I have owned and I have had about everything since the NES and Master system gen.

Couldn't recommend it enough for someone who wants a cheaper option and doesn't buy a lot of games anymore like myself.
Welcome to the Xbox OT.

The Series S seems to be doing really well for what it is; a really nice 1080-1440 console that plays next gen games great at those resolutions. If you don't have 4K TV or just don't care about 4K it's great option for a really reasonable price and paired up with GP it's a real winner. Plus I love how little and cute it looks.

Zeeed

Is there any way to turn off the Startup chime, the one where it has the Xbox logo?
If you have a surround sound setup, it is annoyingly loud.
I thought I was good by going to Settings > General > General Power & Startup > Startup Chime > Off.
But that didn't do anything. I've restarted a few times now and the loud startup sound is still there.

Is there any way to turn off the Startup chime, the one where it has the Xbox logo?
I thought I was good by going to Settings > General > General Power & Startup > Startup Chime > Off.
But that didn't do anything. I've restarted a few times now and the loud startup sound is still there.

I don't think you can. Only setting up your console on standby it powers on in 2sec straight to dashboard.

The startup Chime thingie is only for turning off the sound when manually Xbox is powered ON.

I for example enjoy the heavenly hawt-sexy cold boot sound on my kick ass surround system 🙉

T-Cake

Welcome to the Xbox OT.

The Series S seems to be doing really well for what it is; a really nice 1080-1440 console that plays next gen games great at those resolutions. If you don't have 4K TV or just don't care about 4K it's great option for a really reasonable price and paired up with GP it's a real winner. Plus I love how little and cute it looks.

Or if you're like me and can't get Xbox Series X, it makes a great substitute whilst you wait. :p

Banjo64

cumsessed
And yet another "Game Pass actually sucks" thread pops up. So predictable. Always happens within 24 hours of positive Game Pass news being announced. Clockwork.

I need a beer.
Thought the mods might ban low tier threads like that to maintain some semblance of quality. When you preempt your entire post with ‘people will call me a Sony pony’... if your point is valid let it stand on its own. Why so defensive?

DaGwaphics

The chime that comes from the console itself or the sounds made during the startup animation from the TV?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You can disable that in settings. No way to disable the sounds made when the console logs you in and all that, at least that I'm aware of. I don't have a next-gen box yet though. :messenger_pouting:
Oh yeah this is just disabling the HW spaker on board. Also you can disable notification in the system so I believe you can do that, but you never get any notification.

ManaByte

Gold Member

excited the waterboy GIF

Is The Medium the only game utilizing: Zen 2, RDNA 2, SSD Xbox Velocity Architecture, Custom Sound Chip, and other next gen features and NOT being held back by previous potato jaguar and Polaris?

Top Bottom