• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Roberts

👍

Here in NY we have huuuuge Russian communities throughout the boroughs-especially at Brighton Beach in Brooklyn.
Yeah, a few years ago I visited friends in NY - I practically begged them to take me to BB, because I wanted to see it with my own eyes. It was like stepping into a time machine and going back to my childhood. Especially all the grumpy old ladies in track suits.

Yeah, a few years ago I visited friends in NY - I practically begged them to take me to BB, because I wanted to see it with my own eyes. It was like stepping into a time machine and going back to my childhood. Especially all the grumpy old ladies in track suits.

Ohh that's coo man. Summer time in New Yawk is the place to be!!

Lol !! Funny you mentioned that, Ol' gramms lay it all out on the boardwalk... literally, with all tools included and not a single @#$% was given at -ANY- day 🤣

Grew up with a few Russian friends (good ppls) from Jr HS to HS years went together to JV Basketball, then we split to different colleges/uni. I went to MIA-ya-yo..never looked back. NY & MIA ❤ I call home

Gatox

Banned
So I had 10 minutes on The Medium last night, didn't think I would enjoy it as its not the kind of game I play lately. But I was blown away, absolutely loved it and finally put the controller down at 1.30am after about 3 hours on it. Got a lot of cues from the old silent hill game which I remember enjoying. My wife enjoyed watching it, other than the sudden scary bits where she bricked it :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I would say to anyone to give it a go, the split screen stuff is fascinating and really well done. It is a bit on rails but hopefully this can be further developed by the team in future games.

BigLee74

I finally got round to trying Sea of Thieves with some mates last night. What a laugh. Don’t think I’ve enjoyed a gaming session more in a LONG time. I understand it won’t have legs like Warzone/Halo etc, but I’m glad I’ve given it a whirl. Looking forward to more of the same tonight! Already have the rum (and coke) dug out!

Roberts

I finally got round to trying Sea of Thieves with some mates last night. What a laugh. Don’t think I’ve enjoyed a gaming session more in a LONG time. I understand it won’t have legs like Warzone/Halo etc, but I’m glad I’ve given it a whirl. Looking forward to more of the same tonight! Already have the rum (and coke) dug out!
Have you tried Tall Tales? They take quite a lot of time and you have to be focused to complete them, but they are tons of fun as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heck yeah! I’m playing it solo (sloop) 95% of the time and loving it soooo much. And now a 120fps option? The few times I’ve played it with someone else transforms the experience quite a bit. Instead of running from other ships it’s nice to stay put and fight....and still mostly lose. :messenger_smirking: Just did my first “Tall Tales” quest a few days ago and it sure is nice to have a predetermined story to follow as a change up to the free roaming aspect of the game. Sea of Thieves is one hell of an achievement for Xbox. My wife actually likes watching me play it...and really seems to enjoy it when I’m fleeing galleons in my little sloop. Thank goodness for the ”sail directly into the wind” trick for sloops.

I’ve played about an hour of The Medium. Plenty of promise, and easily enough shown for me to finish the game. Once in a while a “slow burn” experience is a nice palate refresher. Sort of reminds of the the classic Sierra Online point and click classics of days of yore....Kings Quest etc. Some incredible visuals and art direction....good story so far. And to think, this is just of the tip of the iceberg as to what Game Pass is going to be serving up as Day One content over the coming years.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Sea of Thieves is the best GAME on any console right now. But those who think "games" are ten hour interactive movies with third person over the shoulder "gameplay" won't know what to do in a game that doesn't have a thirty minute cutscene every ten minutes.

oldergamer

Sea of Thieves is the best GAME on any console right now. But those who think "games" are ten hour interactive movies with third person over the shoulder "gameplay" won't know what to do in a game that doesn't have a thirty minute cutscene every ten minutes.
I kinda got the multiplayer buzz out of my system years ago. I'm older now and tastes change. I'd prefer 10 hour games with a enjoyable single player exp more then most multiplayer games. RPG's are now more my taste. Unless its a good sports game (sorry EA i said "good" you fuckers) I usually don't bother with multiplayer as none of my friends are playing.

Moogle11

Banned
I kinda got the multiplayer buzz out of my system years ago. I'm older now and tastes change. I'd prefer 10 hour games with a enjoyable single player exp more then most multiplayer games. RPG's are now more my taste. Unless its a good sports game (sorry EA i said "good" you fuckers) I usually don't bother with multiplayer as none of my friends are playing.

Same. Other than occasionally some cool stuff with friends to hangout virtually as most of my friends live in other states.

Honestly though, I’m realizing I don’t really like “games” that much. I just like stories and the internet and mobile devices wrecked my attention span for sitting still and keeping focused on a movie, show or book. Games being interactive and giving me something to do hold my focus better.

But I’m mentally exhausted the majority of the time so I don’t want to solve a bunch of puzzles or deal with tough bosses etc very often. So stuff like Sony first party games, walking sims/The Medium type games, visual novels etc are really up my alley these days. I play other stuff, but enjoy easier story-driven stuff more. Even then I’m pausing and browsing Gaf etc. as my attention span just blows.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
The music in the original Bungie Halos was SOOOO good. If 343 would bring Marty back for Infinite, that in itself would be a massive improvement.

Current Marty rants about 343i using his music.

Here he is talking about "Through the Trees" which is based off "Walk in the Woods"

And tries to pick a fight with the Destiny community

I think you get the point why 343i will never hire Marty.

Bridges

Been replaying the Dead Rising games on Series X, it's been pretty great to see not only how well they still hold up but also the benefits that the Series X BC brings.

Near instant load times in Off The Record, which had pretty bad loading times on its original release. No more framerate dips when speeding through zombies on slice cycles in the outside areas.

Dead Rising 3 also is much more stable, cutscenes have pretty bad jaggies but actual gameplay runs much smoother (I think it's only 30fps but now it's consistent vs constant dips on OG Xbox). Pop-in also doesn't seem to be a big issue anymore when driving from area to area. Granted, I haven't played since launch so maybe some of this was addressed in patches, but it is always awesome to have a game play better than I remember.

Kinda funny though seeing all the references to Kinect functionality that is impossible to use on Series X, and it seems like there's a fair amount of content that's just not accessible anymore due to the death of Smart Glass (couldn't get any of it to work at launch anyway).

Probably won't replay DR4 since it was hot garbage and doesn't have co-op. Makes me wish Capcom would give the IP to some smaller studio that could do the first 2 games justice, focus on smaller environments and replayability, de-emphasise the open world/as many zombies onscreen at once approach they took in the last 2 games.

Been replaying the Dead Rising games on Series X, it's been pretty great to see not only how well they still hold up but also the benefits that the Series X BC brings.

Near instant load times in Off The Record, which had pretty bad loading times on its original release. No more framerate dips when speeding through zombies on slice cycles in the outside areas.

Dead Rising 3 also is much more stable, cutscenes have pretty bad jaggies but actual gameplay runs much smoother (I think it's only 30fps but now it's consistent vs constant dips on OG Xbox). Pop-in also doesn't seem to be a big issue anymore when driving from area to area. Granted, I haven't played since launch so maybe some of this was addressed in patches, but it is always awesome to have a game play better than I remember.

Kinda funny though seeing all the references to Kinect functionality that is impossible to use on Series X, and it seems like there's a fair amount of content that's just not accessible anymore due to the death of Smart Glass (couldn't get any of it to work at launch anyway).

Probably won't replay DR4 since it was hot garbage and doesn't have co-op. Makes me wish Capcom would give the IP to some smaller studio that could do the first 2 games justice, focus on smaller environments and replayability, de-emphasise the open world/as many zombies onscreen at once approach they took in the last 2 games.

Thats 🔥 enjoy your time have a blast man. S|X a complete, most powerful console bar none. Stealthy quiet aka F15, BC, quick resume..this things beggin for an Academy Award goddamnit !!

Speaking of DR I need to finally finish: what was it ? 5th was the latest installment in the series? So, no better opportunity than on S|X. Plus those sexy near instant load times it's an icing on a Cheeze Cake 😁 holla!!

Last edited:

Pantz

With The Medium out, most of the coming soon Game Pass games out, and a pretty light February, I think there's a good chance of some big news to drop soon. Maybe tomorrow? Do you feel it?

Elias

News about xcloud expanding to tvs, pcs, Ios etc. Getting new server blades should be forthcoming. Also news on improved and expanded backwards compatibility. Plenty to look forward to other than the games, of course. ;)

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I personally couldn't care lees about sports games but for those that like them it's nice The Show is coming to Xbox. That said am I the only one that finds it interesting to see the "Optimized for Series X/S" at the top of the box and the PlayStation logo on the bottom?

blob

Moogle11

Banned
With The Medium out, most of the coming soon Game Pass games out, and a pretty light February, I think there's a good chance of some big news to drop soon. Maybe tomorrow? Do you feel it?
I kind of expect this to be a slow year for big releases and announcements on all platforms. Covid just has everything delayed, low supply and heavy scalping of next gen consoles will mean lower attach rates than usual for while into the generation--moot for cross gen games but will probably mean further into the generation that usual to start getting a lot of major, true exclusives that really push the new hardware etc.

Thinking that was a big part of grabbing an XSX as it's looking like 2021 is a good year for me to catch up on playing and replaying things on Gamepass vs. spending money for mostly mediocre new releases just to have something to play while waiting for next gen to really get rolling in 2022 and beyond.

Top Bottom