• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

silentstorm

I was kind of hoping for something big like VR, not studies about dreams, but it's still cool.
Scorpina is a deep cut. I'll have to check it out.
That game is suprisingly good, it's a licensed game that doesn't suck, be warned that not every character actually comes from the shows, the main villain is not from any show, some of his minions are playable and they are also not from any show.

Billy from the latest movie is also in, and Trini has an unique armor from a storyline that happened in the setting of the game before the game's plot, i don't think it's supposed to actually be the timeline of the MMPR show onwards, more a world where the team appears these days and have smartphones and all that but with the old costumes and villains and they are a bit more dangerous too.

And one time Rita apparently made some kind of robot dragon humanoid monster shortly after Tommy joined the MMPR who was incredibly hard to defeat but afterwards Trini picked up the pieces and made an armor out of it for herself...really:
ddhii8i-593a43d1-50d2-4371-8aa0-5ee59aaae64a.png

So, the plot has some differences, it seems like the timeline will lead to all canon teams anyways, just the stories didn't happen in the 90's or early 00's at all, and the villains are a bit stronger and more suited for a fighting game, and they had adventures of their own and some unique villains.

Also, from what i understand, Billy had been kidnapped by Rita at the time which is why Trini designed the suit herself to better save Billy in the backstory, and instead of giving it to Jason so he could have his own Battlizer, Trini decided to say "Fuck the Red Rangers or the guys being the only ones to get Battlizers!" even before that was a thing in-universe and made her own which is pretty badass.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I was kind of hoping for something big like VR, not studies about dreams, but it's still cool.

That game is suprisingly good, it's a licensed game that doesn't suck, be warned that not every character actually comes from the shows, the main villain is not from any show, some of his minions are playable and they are also not from any show.

Billy from the latest movie is also in, and Trini has an unique armor from a storyline that happened in the setting of the game before the game's plot, i don't think it's supposed to actually be the timeline of the MMPR show onwards, more a world where the team appears these days and have smartphones and all that but with the old costumes and villains and they are a bit more dangerous too.

And one time Rita apparently made some kind of robot dragon humanoid monster shortly after Tommy joined the MMPR who was incredibly hard to defeat but afterwards Trini picked up the pieces and made an armor out of it for herself...really:
ddhii8i-593a43d1-50d2-4371-8aa0-5ee59aaae64a.png

So, the plot has some differences, it seems like the timeline will lead to all canon teams anyways, just the stories didn't happen in the 90's or early 00's at all, and the villains are a bit stronger and more suited for a fighting game, and they had adventures of their own and some unique villains.

Also, from what i understand, Billy had been kidnapped by Rita at the time which is why Trini designed the suit herself to better save Billy in the backstory, and instead of giving it to Jason so he could have his own Battlizer, Trini decided to say "Fuck the Red Rangers or the guys being the only ones to get Battlizers!" even before that was a thing in-universe and made her own which is pretty badass.

I played it way back when it first launched but hadnt checked back in awhile. I believe it pulls a lot from the MMPR comic shattered grid line.

Gamepass?

If not that’s still cool, I’ll buy it anyway

No mention of GP on the Ubisoft site, so I doubt it. Probably no physical release either, but I'm happy to be wrong.

GP lineup for December only goes up to the 10th, with promises of a few big surprises. I know Rand Al Thor speculated UPlay+ might get added, but seems unlikely. For now, it's safe to assume Ubisoft games will continue to not launch on GP.

Fuck this dreams bs Microsoft show us the games.

The Game Awards are in a few days, I don't think anyone should expect they'd announce something other than marketing before then.

Yeah I don’t think I’ve known a platform like this to be honest. They put more pressure on themselves.

Tbf, Sony aren't exactly showing an awful lot either. It'll come.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
No mention of GP on the Ubisoft site, so I doubt it. Probably no physical release either, but I'm happy to be wrong.

GP lineup for December only goes up to the 10th, with promises of a few big surprises. I know Rand Al Thor speculated UPlay+ might get added, but seems unlikely. For now, it's safe to assume Ubisoft games will continue to not launch on GP.
Uplay+ is not coming to GPU for same price. I could see a free trial with GPU but thats it.

The Game Awards are in a few days, I don't think anyone should expect they'd announce something other than marketing before then.

Tbf, Sony aren't exactly showing an awful lot either. It'll come.

True however I think Sony , usually in the past starts a bit slow then builds steady momentum year on year. Look at the last year compared to Xbox. Last major console release was Gears 5 in September 2019.

I hate to do comparisons because it gets people irked and it’s not my intention. I like PlayStation yes however I’m more of a Xbox fan and want them to do better.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Uplay+ is not coming to GPU for same price. I could see a free trial with GPU but thats it.

Yeah, U Play+ is the equivalent of the higher EA Access tier. Uplay doesn't have a "just the old games' tier as far as I know. Perhaps they'll add one and that will be on Gamepass.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Finished up gears tactics kind of sad I loved that game I hope for a sequel. I will miss it a lot. I started dead space very fun until a certain shooting part with asteroids. It was tough but I managed until this point. I need to be 10 years younger to do this with a controller. I might try dead space 2 instead until cyberpunk. All the positive buzz about immortal fenyx might try that.

Absolutely HATE IT!

In the near future I'm going to play the Dead Space trilogy again but I am so dreading asteroids. I totally suck at it, but the game is worth it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Absolutely HATE IT!

In the near future I'm going to play the Dead Space trilogy again but I am so dreading asteroids. I totally suck at it, but the game is worth it.

I need to do a DS 2 run but I think I am gonna go PC. That 720P rez is rough but i would like to check out Auto HDR.

True however I think Sony , usually in the past starts a bit slow then builds steady momentum year on year. Look at the last year compared to Xbox. Last major console release was Gears 5 in September 2019.

I hate to do comparisons because it gets people irked and it’s not my intention. I like PlayStation yes however I’m more of a Xbox fan and want them to do better.

I hear you. I'd say COVID changed the game a bit this year and both companies are off schedule.

I think we'll get some ammo at TGA and, after that, something of substance on Infinite by the end of the year. Hopefully will be a good start.

I have a series x and its infuriating at this point its been years and years we have been promised games and with 0 result in the end ps5 has ds , miles morales , astro bot,
Get ur shit together and bring out the games or series x/s will be in the same position like xbox one was.
Its not like its the definitive platform to play multiplatforms aswell
Give us forza motorsport or horizon, a fable, bc maxpayne 3 in 4k , give us 30 to 60 fps bc games
But give us something now ffs

Doncabesa

I have a series x and its infuriating at this point its been years and years we have been promised games and with 0 result in the end ps5 has ds , miles morales , astro bot,
Get ur shit together and bring out the games or series x/s will be in the same position like xbox one was.
Give us forza motorsport or horizon, a fable, bc maxpayne 3 in 4k , give us 30 to 60 fps bc games
They started re-investing in 2018, games take time to make well. They have 23 studios and nearly 40 teams working on things now. It's gonna be a-ok.

Desless1

Would any of you fellow Xbox guys be against a third person Halo spin off in the future? I’d love to see it personally, some of my favourite moments in Halo involves the driving and tank sections.

I would also like to see Halo spin off like they did with Gears Tactics, amazing game, and a different way of getting into the universe.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Would any of you fellow Xbox guys be against a third person Halo spin off in the future? I’d love to see it personally, some of my favourite moments in Halo involves the driving and tank sections.

I'd rather see a first person Action RPG set in the Halo universe, with or without Master Chief.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Super 7 Game Mode coming to FH4. Looks like it some type stunt mode where you create challenges and add ramps, roads etc.

Roberts

Man, I'm sorry to feel that way, but I don't think it is that bad. Sure, 30 to 60 fps BC stuff can't come soon enough, but Auto-HDR has been blowing my mind for weeks now. Between my Valhalla sessions I load up old games just to see how they look with it. Same with dynamic rez/uncapped framerate games.

Also, haven't had time to think about lack of 1st party stuff. Since XSX launched my backlog increased to the point where it starts to look ridiculous: Falconeer, Observer, Fenyx, Watchdogs 3, new Yakuza, these three or four RPGs that dropped on GP recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I'm sorry to feel that way, but I don't think it is that bad. Sure, 30 to 60 fps BC stuff can't come soon enough, but Auto-HDR has been blowing my mind for weeks now. Between my Valhalla sessions I load up old games just to see how they look with it. Same with dynamic rez/uncapped framerate games.

Also, haven't had time to think about lack of 1st party stuff. Since XSX launched my backlog increased to the point where it starts to look ridiculous: Falconeer, Observer, Fenyx, Watchdogs 3, new Yakuza, these three or four RPGs that dropped on GP recently.
I understand ur point of view but its ridiculous now release a new o
Console claim its the most powerful and don't release or talk about new games atall what bs is this, u saw the new ps5 trailer? Thats how u do a proper next gen not this shit that they just did

Top Bottom