• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Doing the rounds on Twitter, Spanish magazine Hobby Consolas claims the next big acquisition for MS is Kojima Productions.

They double down by suggesting this will be announced during TGA, Keighley did hint at a big studio-related announcement, and there will be a trailer for their new project slated for late 2022 as Xbox console exclusive.

Exceedingly dubious rumour IMO, but here you go.

Last edited:

Mmnow

Doing the rounds on Twitter, this Spanish magazine claims the next big acquisition for MS is Kojima Productions.

They double down by suggesting this will be announced during TGA, Keighley did hint at a big studio-related announcement, and there will be a trailer for their new project slated for late 2022 as Xbox console exclusive.

From a business standpoint, this makes sense to me. Microsoft get a world class "celebrity" developer doing something nobody else does, Kojima gets funding and the ability to get rid of that pesky marketability that comes with having to actually sell individual copies of $70 games.

If I were Sony and upping my plans with PS Now, this would be my first purchase. If I were MS, I'd try and make it happen for me first.

The only thing I could see stopping this would be a combination of Kojima having been stung by being stuck at Konami and any sensible buyer's hesitation over his history of dev time/cost. But the latter is cancelled out by Gamepass and the former only lasts as long as regular funding does.

I still don't think it'll happen, but it'd make sense to me if it does.

kuncol02

Banned

Doing the rounds on Twitter, Spanish magazine Hobby Consolas claims the next big acquisition for MS is Kojima Productions.

That's as probable as MS buying Sony, but that would be huge "fuck you" from MS to Sony.

Roberts

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 supposedly got optimised for X|S. Will have to check it out, because the game was fun, but it really needed those 60 fps

Kagey K

Banned
Turns out the in game timer doesn’t stop when using quick resume on DQ11. My save just went from 3 hours to 23 hours.

Minor annoyance, but now I’m going to have to subtract 20 hours off the time to figure out how long I’ve actually played it.

Also achievements finally show up for it now.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
You would know you Sony Pony.

But in all seriousness the labeling of someone goes way too far here. The dicussion about games is at all time low in every capacity, even by the people who dont fight for a brand. As someone who likes to discuss the business aspects more than the console aspects its basically impossible.
It's really just a handful of disgraceful posters who are allowed to run rampant for some reason. Just treat them like the petulant children they are and laugh them off.

Last edited:

Dane

The crazy thing is that even TimDog apparently believes as it was asked to him, binnda doesn't but he says that after Zenimax nothing is impossible.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 supposedly got optimised for X|S. Will have to check it out, because the game was fun, but it really needed those 60 fps

I played it yesterday feels really good, play with headphones the sound is amazing made me jump a few times 😅

Last edited:
Well, the guys are REEEera closed the thread pretty quick ,sounds like it was just a joke

Some talk that this was in Hobby Consola's parody section, though outside the amusingly bad Photoshop of Norman Reedus staring at an Xbox Series X, it wasn't really funny.

Was always a highly unlikely rumour, in any case, even if MS are in the market for more studio acquisitions.

DaGwaphics

If MS buys Kojima’s studio the thread here is going to be insane.

There will be multiple threads. Mainly focused on how the guy is a no-count developer to start with and all the things wrong with the software he has produced. :messenger_winking_tongue:

This phenomenon is known as the GamePass effect. It doesn't just effect acquired studios, but also games that come to the service directly or via EA Play.

Last edited:

oldergamer

There will be multiple threads. Mainly focused on how the guy is a no-count developer to start with and all the things wrong with the software he has produced. :messenger_winking_tongue:

This phenomenon is known as the GamePass effect. It doesn't just effect acquired studios, but also games that come to the service directly or via EA Play.
This isn't happening. its a fake rumor.

Astorian

Man achievements are boring, as someone who is new to the Xbox ecosystem (I’m also a platinum hunter) I was looking forward to 100% games here as well but it just doesn’t give the same satisfaction as getting platinums, doesn’t help that I couldn’t manage to get a PS5 so I’m just stuck with a Series X for now.

Anyways, surprisingly I haven’t had any issues with the system so far and been a great experience, love the loading times on ESO and that game doesn’t even have a next gen update yet.

Last edited:

splattered

Man achievements are boring, as someone who is new to the Xbox ecosystem (I’m also a platinum hunter) I was looking forward to 100% games here as well but it just doesn’t give the same satisfaction as getting platinums, doesn’t help that I couldn’t manage to get a PS5 so I’m just stuck with a Series X for now.

Anyways, surprisingly I haven’t had any issues with the system so far and been a great experience, love the loading times on ESO and that game doesn’t even have a next gen update yet.

The trophy systems feel similar to me on both platforms.. what don't you like on the xbox front?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Interesting, I was just the opposite when I had a PS4. I thought trophies were stupid and nothing more than a bad attempt to copy Xbox achievements. I mean PlayStation doesn't even have a gamer score. I guess different strokes for different folks.

Last edited:

silentstorm

They also could feel forced, i recall reading that Sony forced(or maybe still forces) every game to come out with Trophies even if the developer doesn't give a damn about it or doesn't want it, to a point where some games have really bad or silly trophies out of spite.

Undertale on PS is apparently like this, only there because Sony wanted trophies, and thus the creator came up with stupid, boring or time-wasting trophies on purpose because he was annoyed.

Astorian

The trophy systems feel similar to me on both platforms.. what don't you like on the xbox front?
It doesn’t feel as rewarding I guess, the platinum trophy adds a lot of incentive I feel, would have been great if there was something equivalent on the Xbox side.

Roberts

It doesn’t feel as rewarding I guess, the platinum trophy adds a lot of incentive I feel, would have been great if there was something equivalent on the Xbox side.

I kind of get it that you feel rewarded to earn a platinum trophy instead of knowing you got 1000/1000, but otherwise I think xbox achievements are superior if you are not dead set on completing each game 100%. Let's say I have 600/1000 gamerscore for a certain game I finished so I got an overall feel on how i fared with it. Now, on PS4 I finish a game with 10 bronze trophies and 2 silver ones and I have no freaking clue how well I did unless I go into that particular game's achievements page.

Astorian

I kind of get it that you feel rewarded to earn a platinum trophy instead of knowing you got 1000/1000, but otherwise I think xbox achievements are superior if you are not dead set on completing each game 100%. Let's say I have 600/1000 gamerscore for a certain game I finished so I got an overall feel on how i fared with it. Now, on PS4 I finish a game with 10 bronze trophies and 2 silver ones and I have no freaking clue how well I did unless I go into that particular game's achievements page.
Fair point.

77NUk40.png

Still have it, still use it. This shit saved my ass so many times on FFXI on the 360.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

The value of a platnium is great. It allows you to really feel like you completed the game and have something to show for it. But it's telling that nobody ever says how many gold or silver they have because nobody gives a fuck.

Achievements are nice in terms of every achievement feels as if counts to my overall score to a greater degree then than your trophy level. I do wish they would bring back the 1000 point badges for games. No idea why they got rid of it.

Astorian

The value of a platnium is great. It allows you to really feel like you completed the game and have something to show for it. But it's telling that nobody ever says how many gold or silver they have because nobody gives a fuck.

Achievements are nice in terms of every achievement feels as if counts to my overall score to a greater degree then than your trophy level. I do wish they would bring back the 1000 point badges for games. No idea why they got rid of it.
I get you, but as a completionist levels and scores don’t really matter much to me and when it comes to feeling rewarded for 100%ing a game platinums come far ahead, here’s hoping MS is still looking to improve their achievement system.

Top Bottom