• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: "All In One. Input One." banner

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
But how i need to keep cable box.
So i actually end up with 2 more boxes because kinect is mandatory.
I know we need to keep the cable box, but can we plug it straight into the XBox One, socthat the "one input" is true? It's weird they communicate around that anyway, knowing their customers have no choice but to keep their x360 plugged because there's no BC. Makes no sense to use such an exposure to promote an input feature.

artist

Banned
xboo.jpg

Just in case anyone has a green sharpie on them.
You should be a code solver.

I know we need to keep the cable box, but can we plug it straight into the XBox One, socthat the "one input" is true? It's weird they communicate around that anyway, knowing their customers have no choice but to keep their x360 plugged because there's no BC. Makes no sense to use such an exposure to promote an input feature.

Controller, remote and kinect?

Alpende

I am French and I have no idea what it means... Can French-gaf enlighten me?

You mean the banner?

The All in One part means that you can use it for everything (TV, Services, movies games) and you only need 1 input (Input One) for it on your TV. So no need for extra inputs for blu-ray players, cable boxes etc.

I think that's what it means.

Mindwipe

Sorry to be LTTP, but yikes, what a *terrible* slogan. It barely makes sense to most people, and if you're trying to aim this at people saying it makes their TV lives simpler, don't use words that only people who tend to deliberately create complex AV set ups would tend to use. Your audience doesn't understand what it means.

LCfiner

You mean the banner?

The All in One part means that you can use it for everything (TV, Services, movies games) and you only need 1 input (Input One) for it on your TV. So no need for extra inputs for blu-ray players, cable boxes etc.

yup. that's exactly what it means.

I think the reactions here show how much MS is in a bubble. Internally, they've been pushing this "input one" mantra for so long and it's so important for them and their xbox strategy that they signed off on marketing materials that highlight it.

Meanwhile, a bunch of regular people see this and have no idea what it even means and some other people who do know what it means don't even care.

Input One isn't a big desire for people who want a console. it's a desire of high level executives who've been trying to "win the living room" for over a decade.

You mean the banner?

OK. So I did understand in fact. It's just poor marketing... Are these the same guys who took care of the WiiU's launch?

Monocle

"All in one. Input one." is a classic example of a slogan that makes a big company seem out of touch. It's as though Microsoft tried really hard to translate their business objective, "dominate the shit out of everybody's living room with the XB1," into a catchy phrase, but everyone who works for them has spent so much time imbibing the corporate atmosphere that all they can come up with is a laughably stilted slogan.

It's Microsoft's version of a drunken pickup line.

Alej

Banned
And what about the majority of people here in France who regards TV without box, with DVB-T only?
You know DVB-T tuner integrated in their TVs... :D

The whole "All in One" line seems so disingenuous when it requires a separate cable box. They should've gone the extra mile and included a coax input, ATSC/QAM decoder, and a cable card slot in addition to the HDMI input. It would have native DVR functionality that way as well. It's going to be really awkward for them to demo this as an all in one when they have to show it with another big box sitting right next to it (not to mention the mandatory camera on top of the TV).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The whole "All in One" line seems so disingenuous when it requires a separate cable box. They should've gone the extra mile and included a coax input, ATSC/QAM decoder, and a cable card slot in addition to the HDMI input. It would have native DVR functionality that way as well. It's going to be really awkward for them to demo this as an all in one when they have to show it with another big box sitting right next to it (not to mention the mandatory camera on top of the TV).

They can show whatever they want on stage, since the UI demonstration is going to be faked anyway.

Amir0x

Banned
What a wonderful banner. Says it all. Microsoft is really on the ball with their marketing of this thing already, and this is just for the E3 crowd! >:)

Shadders

I think they're targetting that single-HDMI-socket-TV-owning demographic.

It's a bold strategy, lets see if it pays off for them.

kurosawa

Tthe All in One thing, including DRM & mandatory online connectivy only works if you connect your XBox One in Input 1. On any other input it transforms itself into a normal gaming console.

Alej

Banned
17627_200.jpg

Either you're a Canal + subscriber or you can get fucked.

I'm a recent Canal + subscriber and i have to say that the Cube (the Canal+ receiver) is choppy as hell. I can't see how the One can interact with it without having to wait seconds to show anything. Hell it's satellite powered btw... shitty latency.

I know you can have C+ with some internet box too, but the majority of them are there for the DVR functionabilities, and i heard than the One will not integrate them at all. So yes, they don't care, and we are fucked, at least here in France.

I don't think I've ever wanted a company to crash and burn, Microsoft will be the first company.

I'm not renewing my Live account. My wife one is not being renewed also and neither is my nephew's. They've just lost 3 long time subscribers and I know many more who are not renewing also.

CoG

Microsoft are going to have a hard time targeting people in the market for an "all-in-one" media device when an AppleTV or Roku are around the same price of one year of XBL alone. Not to mention the $399 buy in for the console. The reason people buy a device like the Xbox is for games, and they're doing their damned best to alienate that audience.

Eusis

I don't think I've ever wanted a company to crash and burn, Microsoft will be the first company.

I'm not renewing my Live account. My wife one is not being renewed also and neither is my nephew's. They've just lost 3 long time subscribers and I know many more who are not renewing also.
Nah, I'd save that for the likes of Monsanto. Microsoft I'd just want to chase out of my hobby, or at least back to keeping their game involvement exclusive to PC.

Top Bottom