• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: "All In One. Input One." banner

JHall

iY9D3Tt9WpXUF.gif

LOL

I love how they act like it's a FEATURE that your cable TV still works on the TV because you added an intermediary device.

Back in my day of RF adapters, that was expected.

Aaron

I love how they act like it's a FEATURE that your cable TV still works on the TV because you added an intermediary device.

Back in my day of RF adapters, that was expected.
But now you only need one device!*

*except your cable box, dvr, and receiver.

Withnail

Did you guys miss the reveal or something? They kept talking about how they wanted to be input one on the TV, that's what inspired the name apparently.

However this would be a PITA for me because I like to set my TV up differently for the different inputs. Game mode for the console, cinema mode for the BD player, etc. Not in Microsoft's world.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Did you guys miss the reveal or something? They kept talking about how they wanted to be input one on the TV, that's what inspired the name apparently.

However this would be a PITA for me because I like to set my TV up differently for the different inputs. Game mode for the console, cinema mode for the BD player, etc. Not in Microsoft's world.
I must have missed something, I thought I couldn't plug my TV cable box (Free) on an XBox. If I'm wrong and I can, then at least I get the slogan. Anyone?

Zukuu

Banned
All in One.*

*if you have
-A XBL Gold member ship ($$$)
-Are connected to the internet ($$$)
-Have a TV tuner including a sub ($$$)
-Kinect connected
-It's cloudy outside

I miss the days of console advertisement where Crash bandicoot would go on a golf cart and a bullhorn and shout at Nintendo headquarters. it was funny, it showed they were having fun. way too serious now. too much non-sense.

UberTag

I want the five years of my life I spent working for Xbox back. Can I get those back, please?
In no world does marketing like this make any sort of sense.
Can't wait to see their billion-dollar ad campaign for casuals this fall.

Larson

Banned
I think is strange when there key selling point is that you have all your entertainment on one HDMI. Why fix something that never was broken in the first place. I can just use one click on my tv controller, its much easier then to shout and wave my arms around.

pelican

I think is strange when there key selling point is that you have all your entertainment on one HDMI. Why fix something that never was broken in the first place. I can just use one click on my tv controller, its much easier then to shout and wave my arms around.

I agree. Microsoft seem to forget that modern big screen tvs all have multiple HDMI ports.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
for the love of god.

please don't tell me they are basing their marketing on a non existent benefit.

no one cares about changing tv inputs.

PARTICULARLY NOT THE AUDIENCE AT E3.

so much for being all about the games during the show.

they are so out of step with gamers with this message.

Don't worry, E3 is all about the games. Hopefully

Eusis

I agree. Microsoft seem to forget that modern big screen tvs all have multiple HDMI ports.
Mine doesn't, but it's lone HDMI is also input six. But that doesn't work as well for a marketting slogan, and the actual input one would only ever house SNES or N64 due to being S-Video/Composite.

Though HDMI's also one of the easiest to hot swap. It's effectively like a slightly bigger USB plug, it's not like plugging in five cords or something.

I miss the days of console advertisement where Crash bandicoot would go on a golf cart and a bullhorn and shout at Nintendo headquarters. it was funny, it showed they were having fun. way too serious now. too much non-sense.

These banners are also very conservative too.

"Jump in", "Play Beyond", "make.believe", "Live in your world. Play in ours.".... all have virtual playground element, sense of wonder beyond expectations.

This is just telling people they can connect it to one port on their TV.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
i dont think ive ever switched in really liking a company to despising one. i love my 360. deffo the best console this gen for me and my friends, ms have lost it. i would even say i despise them now. save us sony

Shaneus

These banners are also very conservative too.

"Jump in", "Play Beyond", "make.believe", "Live in your world. Play in ours.".... all have virtual playground element, sense of wonder beyond expectations.

This is just telling people they can connect it to one port on their TV.
The one to get my money is the first one to have "Fuck shit up" as their slogan.

Mael

for the love of god.

please don't tell me they are basing their marketing on a non existent benefit.

no one cares about changing tv inputs.

PARTICULARLY NOT THE AUDIENCE AT E3.

so much for being all about the games during the show.

they are so out of step with gamers with this message.

It's so hard to do that even fucking WiiU allow to change sources when you set it as a universal remote and it's like the only thing one would even use it here (that and lower the sound because my tv is so freaking loud).

Top Bottom