• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: "All In One. Input One." banner

jts

...hate me...
mickmccarthy.gif

Mael

I'm a recent Canal + subscriber and i have to say that the Cube (the Canal+ receiver) is choppy as hell. I can't see how the One can interact with it without having to wait seconds to show anything. Hell it's satellite powered btw... shitty latency.

I know you can have C+ with some internet box too, but the majority of them are there for the DVR functionabilities, and i heard than the One will not integrate them at all. So yes, they don't care, and we are fucked, at least here in France.

Don't worry they're far more fucked than we'll ever be...
And they're partners with the anti Robin Hood of the ISP : Orange.

I'm a recent Canal + subscriber and i have to say that the Cube (the Canal+ receiver) is choppy as hell. I can't see how the One can interact with it without having to wait seconds to show anything. Hell it's satellite powered btw... shitty latency.

I know you can have C+ with some internet box too, but the majority of them are there for the DVR functionabilities, and i heard than the One will not integrate them at all. So yes, they don't care, and we are fucked, at least here in France.

Quoted for truth ( canal + suscriber too )

TL4E

But I already have so many devices that purport to do everything for me.

Still stuck making my own coffee in the morning though.

rrs

This thing won't work with the DVR my dad gets from Dish, and I don't think my dad is going to pay more for a HD DVR just to connect to the Xbone. At least the GUI isn't a laggy mess

It means one input to your tv, as opposed to Xbox + DVR + bluray player. I'm a marketing director, and can tell you that's how I'd spin it.

bro1

Banned
Could be a typo and the banner will be replaced. Used to happen all the time when I worked in the trade show business.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It means one input to your tv, as opposed to Xbox + DVR + bluray player. I'm a marketing director, and can tell you that's how I'd spin it.
PS3 does that one input thing since 2007 (with Play TV). Sure it was not standard, not powered by Kinect nor the cloud. Yet I wonder if this one input selling argument should be the main message. It seems every boxes are marketed as all in one these days.

Top Bottom