• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox Game Pass continues to grow each month. Here's a list of seven great games, from Pentiment to Vampire Survivors, you can play on the service right now.

Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft's gaming subscription service, is often referred to as the best deal in gaming, and for good reason. Each month, multiple games are added to its rotating catalog of titles, a mix of first-party Xbox games, indies, and other huge games.

It can be a little overwhelming, but have no fear. In this video, we're going to tell you the best games to play on Xbox Game Pass. There's something for everyone, from adventure mystery games like Pentiment, to blood drenched action shooters like Gungrave G.O.R.E.

Timestamps:
00:00 - Intro
00:15 - Vampire Survivors
01:50 - Pentiment
03:16 - Norco
04:39 - Gungrave G.O.R.E.
06:15 - Somerville
07:06 - The Legend of Tianding
07:46 - Ghost Song
08:33 - Outro

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Thought I’d played final walking dead transpires that I hadn’t. So that’s my weekend sorted.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Put on Gungrave for the first time. Its not a great game. You have a big shield bar because you don't avoid gunfire most of the time. But fucking hell man ... Im having fun and really like it. I think I might just go with this game and then Norco at this point.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Game pass has been good, real good.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Put on Gungrave for the first time. Its not a great game. You have a big shield bar because you don't avoid gunfire most of the time. But fucking hell man ... Im having fun and really like it. I think I might just go with this game and then Norco at this point.
It's decently fun. It feels like a sequel to a game I never played though. I wish it told a more coherant story. It doesn't have to be top notch but some sort of rundown of how we got to this point would have been nice. Gameplay is fun enough. Solid C plus tier game imo.

Last edited:

Roberts

So, I saw that Breathedge is leaving GP soon and decided to try it out. It is basically Subnautica in space. The big difference is that the whole game is one big juvenile joke. It's like Douglas Adams meets poop and nerdy meta jokes. I think I only laughed once but I totally appreciate their 100% devotion to deliver as many stupid jokes as possible. At one point it just gives you a random task to find and open 200 floating coffins which sounds like an impossible job but after finding three coffins it makes a meta joke about games doing this to unnecessary prolong the game time. You can also construct a contraption (that includes a space shawarma) that makes you fart and float faster in space. You get the idea.

It's super unoptimized, ranging from what seems like 30 fps to 60 depending on the situation (space is more smooth than interiors), but I kind of like it. At least, I'm curious what kind of stupidity will they let me go through to progress further. It's addictive.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned

adamsapple

2022 had a total of 60 day 1 game pass games, not bad.

Fj3XVxwWIAIAnpC

adamsapple

Did they announce something in the second half of december last year ?

I read somewhere that they skipped 2nd half of 2021 because of Christmas.

Might be the same case.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not a precedent I like, but there's literally nothing coming out right now. Would be older games at best.

Would be nice to hear some more details on this from them directly, explaining what happened and what their commitment is going forward.

adamsapple

January is looking like the best month ever possibly?

Persona 3 & 4, Monster Hunter Rise and AoE II? Crazy.

And AOE 2 will have full Keyboard + mouse support on Xbox.

brb bookmarking a page which lists all the AoE2 cheats :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Jan 2022 had some real good games, lets see if Jan '23 can match.

For ref, Jan 2022 had:

January 4GorogoaConsole, PC, Cloud
January 4OlijaConsole, PC, Cloud
January 4The PedestrianConsole, PC, Cloud
January 6EmbrConsole, PC, Cloud
January 6Mass Effect Legendary Edition (EA Play)Console, PC
January 6Outer WildsConsole, PC, Cloud
January 13Spelunky 2Console, PC
January 13The AnacrusisConsole, PC, Cloud
January 18Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary EditionConsole, PC, Cloud
January 18Nobody Saves The WorldConsole, PC, Cloud
January 20Death's DoorConsole, PC, Cloud
January 20Hitman TrilogyConsole, PC, Cloud
January 20PupperazziConsole, PC, Cloud
January 20Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six ExtractionConsole, PC, Cloud
January 20Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six SiegePC
January 20Windjammers 2Console, PC, Cloud
January 27Taiko no Tatsujin: The Drum MasterConsole, PC

Last edited:

Jaybe

Not a precedent I like, but there's literally nothing coming out right now. Would be older games at best.

Would be nice to hear some more details on this from them directly, explaining what happened and what their commitment is going forward.
Do we know what happened with Hot Wheels? I was interested in giving that a go but it was pulled off the list for some reason.

adamsapple

This is an interesting little piece of news.

Apparently this indie game developer approached MS to put their game on game pass, but were declined because of limited slots and high demand.

So it seems like MS aren't just putting whatever they can and there's a lot of developer demand to be put on the service.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Apparently this indie game developer approached MS to put their game on game pass, but were declined because of limited slots and high demand.

So it seems like MS aren't just putting whatever they can and there's a lot of developer demand to be put on the service.

Not too surprising. Its a potential huge win for indies without much exposure.

Kagey K

Banned

The most interesting part to me is that slots are limited.

You'd think they could add as many or as little as they want.

ironmang

Maybe a dumb question but can you transfer your save file between XS and PC? Been playing Fallout 3 on my XSS and I noticed that PC has the GOTY edition so I'm hoping after I finish the main story I can switch over and play the DLC on PC.

feynoob

Banned
Maybe a dumb question but can you transfer your save file between XS and PC? Been playing Fallout 3 on my XSS and I noticed that PC has the GOTY edition so I'm hoping after I finish the main story I can switch over and play the DLC on PC.
If it's on windows store, cloud save can help you that.
But if it's on steam, it's hard.

Top Bottom