• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

Ozriel

M$FT
xbox-game-pass-deals.jpg

[/URL]

100 million +?

Given what we know of game development costs, personally, I think publishers and devs are having a field day with Microsoft's check book.

You don’t know how many $100m+ deals there are. You don’t know how many games are covered by those deals. You don’t know who the deals are with.

But “field day with Microsoft’s check book”

Napkin Math!
100,000,000 is 1.7 million people buying a game at $60.
25 million subscribers (paying full price) 3 Billion/ year.
I count 213 games released in 2022 up till 11/23/22.
3 billion/ 213 =14 million per game.

Edit- need to add 30% store fee so thats 2.2 million people buying a game at $60.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Indeed, that's probably the case, because there isn't any game that has released on Game Pass that's worth that amount of money, knowing what they paid for some other day 1 releases.

Not likely to be first party. You wouldn’t be negotiating deals to put first party games on Gamepass.

As geary geary says, it could also cover something like EA Play

Linkedin talks about ‘deals’ and ‘content’. This could even cover a bundle of games. For example, a 3 year deal for MLB. Or a deal with Embracer.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not likely to be first party. You wouldn’t be negotiating deals to put first party games on Gamepass.

As geary geary says, it could also cover something like EA Play

Linkedin talks about ‘deals’ and ‘content’. This could even cover a bundle of games. For example, a 3 year deal for MLB. Or a deal with Embracer.
EA Play would definitely make sense.

93xfan

Banned
Sounds like a win/win scenario to me. The games also get additional sales as well when they leave the service in many cases, as well as DLC sales if available.
MS also gets money back from those sales too. If it increases the amount of people playing them it could be really good for both parties.

Never would’ve bought the Messenger without trying it on Gamepass personally.

oldergamer

100 million would be for something like EA Play and all the games they put on it. They arent paying 100 million for a single game on there. That would defy all logic

Not even sure what drama there is to be created from this. 1-100+ just means ≥1 and we have no information on what specific games cost.
It could be a new microsoft game.
Guess the money we spent on a game.
Price is right rules. Closest without going over.
Prizes include more Gamepass!

Vampire Survivor- 2.2 million

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

feynoob

Banned
Not even sure what drama there is to be created from this. 1-100+ just means ≥1 and we have no information on what specific games cost.
Because I posted the info here on OT gamepass.
Some juicy gamepass news.
• Identify and prioritize key titles with a goal of adding 15+ per month across Console, PC and Cloud.
• Drive content valuations and develop win/win deal structures that maximize partner value and ROI for Microsoft. Have worked on deals of all sizes, from <$1M to $100M+ opportunities. Content investments have grown Game Pass from 10M to 25M+ subscribers.
• Key member of Xbox's "Digital Days" team and Game Pass subject matter expert in those discussions. Meet with key partners on quarterly basis to discuss their Xbox business, contextualize their performance in Game Pass and discuss long-range opportunities across their transactional business and subscriptions.
• Game Pass lead for Xbox Game Studios, Bethesda and 2P, assisting our portfolio of 23 creative teams and XGS publishing partners building Day One content for Game Pass. Have supported 1P projects like Forza Horizon 5, Forza Motorsport, Halo Infinite, Perfect Dark and many more unannounced.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Chukhopops

I'm trying to think of what game on Game Pass would have warranted a $100 million deal.
It’s probably all games from one publisher for z years. Could be Paradox, Sega, Humble Games, etc since they seem to push everything day 1.

Of course I’m just speculating.

Iced Arcade

"Game Pass leads PlayStation Plus significantly," Sony says. "Microsoft already has a substantial lead in multi-game subscription services. Game Pass has 29 million subscribers to Xbox Game Pass Console and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, and is expected to grow substantially in the future. The multi-game subscription tiers of PlayStation Plus considerably lag with fewer than [redacted] the number of subscribers."

Damn

feynoob

Banned
Yeah, so my confusion stems from where that number has come from 'within the document' (aka how did Sony find or come up wit it) and if it's from Ampere Analysis, i don't think it is but could be.
Considering mlb the show is on xbox, maybe that is how they got those numbers.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think it's just a smart estimate based on the time of last available public data.

Or maybe they do have resources, being a major publisher and all, to get that info.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Tried Spice Wars a bit. Really not digging it. I think I was expecting something closer to those good old Sierra rts's from back in the day. Dune 2000 and its sequel are favorites of mine and i was hoping for a modern version of that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Tried Spice Wars a bit. Really not digging it. I think I was expecting something closer to those good old Sierra rts's from back in the day. Dune 2000 and its sequel are favorites of mine and i was hoping for a modern version of that.

Wait it's not like Dune 2000 ? I thought it was gonna be similar lol. Loved that shit back in the day even though I was way too young to know how to play it properly.

Top Bottom