• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm going to put in another 100 hours in Persona 5 and I'm going to enjoy it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Time to get that 1000G to sit pretty next to the PS4 platinum trophy.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Well I'm probably going to just buy Sable now. The gameplay is admittedly a bit limited. Just exploration and light platforming, but I've really been enjoying it a lot. Way, way more than I expected. The visuals are the bulk of the experience. The art style is phenomenal, with crisp, clean lines throughout and intense use of color. But the platforming and exploration is pretty enjoyable. Feels like a casual, desert, Breath of the Wild. There's more depth than I expected, with side quests, and a decently large map.

Highly recommended people try it before it leaves GP.

Jaybe

I haven't played it myself but the devs seem more than happy with the results. (Again)

This guy seems to have developed a strange obsession with hyping Game Pass since he went on a Twitter fit about Descenders placement in the PSN store.

reksveks

Well I'm probably going to just buy Sable now. The gameplay is admittedly a bit limited. Just exploration and light platforming, but I've really been enjoying it a lot. Way, way more than I expected. The visuals are the bulk of the experience. The art style is phenomenal, with crisp, clean lines throughout and intense use of color. But the platforming and exploration is pretty enjoyable. Feels like a casual, desert, Breath of the Wild. There's more depth than I expected, with side quests, and a decently large map.

Highly recommended people try it before it leaves GP.
Really enjoyed Sable and its lax pacing. Also I think you need to be gripped by the art style.

The next artist that needs a game after Mobius and Giger is Syd Mead although his inspiration is probably everywhere.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Really enjoyed Sable and its lax pacing. Also I think you need to be gripped by the art style.

The next artist that needs a game after Mobius and Giger is Syd Mead although his inspiration is probably everywhere.
For sure. The art and visuals are the bulk of the game's appeal. But I did enjoy the basic, chill exploration more than I expected.

adamsapple

Fef618WakAA205v

:messenger_clapping:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Played a bunch of Spiderheck with my son on our Decks tonight. He was on xCloud and I played on Win10. Game is pretty fucking funny. It reminds me of Stick Fight and Rounds, but you’re spiders so you can swing around the map and crawl on any part of any surface. The lightsaber duals are awesome. We’ll pick up a couple copies on Steam once it leaves GP.

adamsapple

A little behind the curtains thing, recent documentation shows that whenever Ark 2 releases, it will be on Game Pass for at least 3 years on release.

Feu0Ug8WAAMGvfj

adamsapple

Somehow I missed this in the release announcement, but Costume Quest is out on game pass now.

I remember beating this game on the 360. It was a fun cutesy RPG

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That looks really good but I’ll remain cautious until I play it. So many indies come with great concepts but completely fuck up the execution.

Reminds me of Sprint Vector which is my favorite VR game.
A roguelike unfortunately. But it looks like it'll be fun for short runs in between other games.

adamsapple

Norco's console version, which was supposed to release on the 20th on game pass, has been delayed for some unknown reason and to an unknown date.

Roberts

Played Into the Pit before it leaves GP. Basically a FPS rogue-lite for those that find these games too punishing and hard. If you are careful, even fps casuals like me can get through the whole game without dying. I don't really know why I stuck with it, because it is kind of ugly and not all that great. Maybe I just needed an easy game to play.

Metal: Hellsinger and Scorn next.

adamsapple

Played Into the Pit before it leaves GP. Basically a FPS rogue-lite for those that find these games too punishing and hard. If you are careful, even fps casuals like me can get through the whole game without dying. I don't really know why I stuck with it, because it is kind of ugly and not all that great. Maybe I just needed an easy game to play.

Metal: Hellsinger and Scorn next.

Play Metal Hellsinger with a good sound system or headphones. The music and how it changes and amplifies with game play is awesome.

Roberts

Play Metal Hellsinger with a good sound system or headphones. The music and how it changes and amplifies with game play is awesome.

Yeah, headphones here - I play games pretty much only at night when kids are sleeping, so this is the only way. Played through a few levels - I dig it a lot but can’t seem to master the controls. I did the latency calibration but even then I only get around 70% shots/hits on the beat. Maybe I should remap shooting from RT to RB so it registers faster. And I used to play drums in my youth.

DaGwaphics

Just watched the Plague Tail Requiem gameplay overview trailer. Really amazing graphics, looks like they've made the jump to full on AAA with this one, can't wait for the 18th to give it a go.

Although I kept waiting for Diana to announce the targets. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Phantom Abyss is pretty decent. So far its not all about sprinting and you can look around a little bit.

Its actually really growing on me. Hearing that sound when 20 of the phantoms die in one spot is so damn fun.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Is anyone bored of their gamepass sub?
I am not getting the good vibe I was getting last year.
Most drops these past few months were meh for me.

I wish, they could bring some older games, instead of just the curent drops.

Jaybe

Are you locked in? If not, just let it lapse until there is a game that interests you (or several) before renewing.
I’m locked in with the gold conversion so probably would have taken a break otherwise for Aug and Sept as I though they were weak months.. Recent highlights prior to August were Tinykin, Immortality, Mass Effect LE, and AC Origins. And finishing A Plague Tale Innocence before it departed. This back half of October is fantastic to me with A Plagues Tale Requiem and (for when I have some time) Persona 5. I’m very curious about Gunfire Reborn as well.

feynoob

Banned
Are you locked in? If not, just let it lapse until there is a game that interests you (or several) before renewing.
I’m locked in with the gold conversion so probably would have taken a break otherwise for Aug and Sept as I though they were weak months.. Recent highlights prior to August were Tinykin, Immortality, Mass Effect LE, and AC Origins. And finishing A Plague Tale Innocence before it departed. This back half of October is fantastic to me with A Plagues Tale Requiem and (for when I have some time) Persona 5. I’m very curious about Gunfire Reborn as well.
That is my goal. Will switch out to xbox live, after november.

I am looking for 2023 drops, since those are great for me.

Roberts

I don't think summer was all that great, but holy shit, the some of the drops have been excellent recently. If GP stopped adding games tomorrow, I would still have something to play at least for a few months.

Anyhoo, I just saw that Medieval Dynasty got a patch recently and they added 60 fps option. Hooray!

feynoob

Banned
I don't think summer was all that great, but holy shit, the some of the drops have been excellent recently. If GP stopped adding games tomorrow, I would still have something to play at least for a few months.

Anyhoo, I just saw that Medieval Dynasty got a patch recently and they added 60 fps option. Hooray!
Glad you are enjoying it.
I guess this is not my year for gamepass. Next year would be good with redfall and Starfield for me. My 2 most anticipated gamepass, plus stalker 2, if it would come out at all.

Roberts

Glad you are enjoying it.
I guess this is not my year for gamepass. Next year would be good with redfall and Starfield for me. My 2 most anticipated gamepass, plus stalker 2, if it would come out at all.
I understand why you are disappointed - there are not a lot of obvious bangers that will please everybody. Fortunately for me, I recently rediscovered my passion for gaming recently and I'm super open to all kinds of games that I never bothered to play before. So, stuff like Tinykin, Scorn, As Dusk Falls, Grounded, Prodeus, Hellsinger, even freaking Powerwash Simulator have made me super happy. And that is just a tip of an iceberg.

That said, other than Like a Dragon, I don't think Jrpgs are for me, tho. Played Ni no Kuni until the Rat king part and I feel bad that the game bores me to death. It's obviously a labour of love and looks great, sounds great, but so fucking dull.

Last edited:
Havent been on here for half a year or something, but played AI Somnium Files on gamepass before it went of the service, i recommend it. Its a fun relaxing visual novel/detective game with numerous endings, if you like phoenix wright you will love this, the jokes got a bit stale at the end for my taste since i don't really like anime, but then again i got 1000/1000 gamerscore on it, so thats my endorsment!

adamsapple

Persona 5 is a pretty good game to have on game pass + xcloud owing to its day-to-day nature. Having native touch controls from the get to is a big plus.

You can pull out your phone and play a day or two anywhere (where you have Wifi :D)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Persona 5 is a pretty good game to have on game pass + xcloud owing to its day-to-day nature. Having native touch controls from the get to is a big plus.

You can pull out your phone and play a day or two anywhere (where you have Wifi :D)
Same reason I find most grindy and repetitive JRPGs great on Switch. Can just chill and multi-task a bit, maybe watch a show and grind some stuff.

A strange question but i cannot find any info about it on the internet at all.. How much data does the PC gamepass client use? not talking about xcloud but just the gamepass launcher, due to current situations i don't have internet other then a metered connection that's capped at an absurd low limit. My series x uses way to much data for me to use atm so my only hope is the PC client now.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
A strange question but i cannot find any info about it on the internet at all.. How much data does the PC gamepass client use? not talking about xcloud but just the gamepass launcher, due to current situations i don't have internet other then a metered connection that's capped at an absurd low limit. My series x uses way to much data for me to use atm so my only hope is the PC client now.
Cloud streaming at 1080 / 60 is typically 3GB per hour. PC downloads will vary per game.

Top Bottom