• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox business Showcase Announced for February 15

midnightAI

Why?

Do you expect them to put on a big long video production just to refute bogus rumors that have been circulating the internet last week?

This more says to me that all this misinformation that's been flying around isn't worth the time to get all dressed up and tap dance for everyone.

It's probably going to be a cool calm business as usual discussion with maybe a few "but" moments like hi-fi rush and sea of thieves ports.
If that is the case though then why take a week over it?

No smoke without fire I say, now how much fire is the question (and how much will everyone be told in this podcast)

VAVA Mk2

Everyone quick! We need at least 5 more large rumors to cause chaos to burn everything to the ground before Thursday afternoon!

This Is Fine GIF

DJ12

Why?

Do you expect them to put on a big long video production just to refute bogus rumors that have been circulating the internet last week?

This more says to me that all this misinformation that's been flying around isn't worth the time to get all dressed up and tap dance for everyone.

It's probably going to be a cool calm business as usual discussion with maybe a few "but" moments like hi-fi rush and sea of thieves ports.
As a PlayStation owner I demand to see footage of the tripe they plan to release.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Come on Xbox fans, even you have to admit that this is a garbage way of handling this. And it just shows you that it's just a bunch of PR and they are just out to get you any way they can. The announced last week that something's coming this week only to reannounce that it's going to be in a podcast. Cheap and reminiscent of the way they run their business. It's being harsh because it's worthy of being so. They don't want you to look at their faces. And maybe it will be a video podcast but nonetheless this is a very carefully crafted PR move which they seem to really thrive on unlike making good games consistently. Unless you count acquisition of studios as part of their hard work and building their portfolio.

DeaDPo0L84

Everyone quick! We need at least 5 more large rumors to cause chaos to burn everything to the ground before Thursday afternoon!

This Is Fine GIF
Nintendo buys Microsoft, Phil steps down, Xbox becomes a digital only platform that can be used on any TV like a streaming stick, no day one release for 1st party titles anymore on Gamepass, will release them months down the road similar to how Playstation handles it.

GHG

Why?

It's doesn't need to be a "production".

He said the following last week:

"We're listening and we hear you. We've been planning a business update event for next week, where we look forward to sharing more details with you about our vision for the future of Xbox. Stay tuned."

This "event" is now being framed as a casual podcast featuring the motley crew.

They don't respect you, stop throwing yourself in the fire.

Withnail

The medium says a lot about the message. If this was for a mainstream audience they wouldn’t use a podcast, this is intended for core gamers. I guess in their terms they’re aiming to reassure “the fans” (aka the loonies like Timdog) who might be upset about games going to other platforms. It also means the message is going to be a bit less dramatic than some people seem to think it’s going to be.

Darsxx82

A podcast?? My head is exploding. It's all so bizarre and of little tact with the users and fans of the console....
It will depend on what they announce, but it does not seem like the way and the place to announce measures and actions that could affect the situation of tens of millions of users who have invested It's your product a lot of money.

I understand that the pressure has made them advance the announcement of this "change or update of the Xbox business" and they have had to look for the most favorable formula for them.... but it is not a decision worthy of the company with more value of the world.

I don't know, I hope it's a video too and you can see the faces. Gestures always describe better than words. And I also hope for an interview with some media or extensive explanations.

A podcast, I am guessing they’ll give us nothing transparent at this point.

They are going to trickle out their third party plans over time

Typical Spencer

midnightAI

Come on Xbox fans, even you have to admit that this is a garbage way of handling this. And it just shows you that it's just a bunch of PR and they are just out to get you any way they can. The announced last week that something's coming this week only to reannounce that it's going to be in a podcast. Cheap and reminiscent of the way they run their business. It's being harsh because it's worthy of being so. They don't want you to look at their faces. And maybe it will be a video podcast but nonetheless this is a very carefully crafted PR move which they seem to really thrive on unlike making good games consistently. Unless you count acquisition of studios as part of their hard work and building their portfolio.
So, they dont say anything they are assholes, talk about the future of Xbox in a video 'podcast' they are still assholes? Bit unfair

All I question is the timing, it could have been a one and done a week ago.

Last edited:

H-I-M

Why?

You're in for a rude awakening if you truly believe anything you just wrote.
Hint : a simple tweet would have been enough to "refute bogus rumors".

C4bG0Au.gif

splattered

It's doesn't need to be a "production".

He said the following last week:

"We're listening and we hear you. We've been planning a business update event for next week, where we look forward to sharing more details with you about our vision for the future of Xbox. Stay tuned."

This "event" is now being framed as a casual podcast featuring the motley crew.

They don't respect you, stop throwing yourself in the fire.

I have no feet in the fire here, i just think people have been overreacting about this entire ordeal.

the rumor isnt none of those though, it's some games coming to more platforms.

No, the original Discord rumor did mention hardware plans and being a more fully multiplatform publisher.

The podcast will probably touch on the latter more in detail with room for ambiguity. The former though (which I think is also 100% happening in the near future), will prob just be alluded to with a "we're still committed to hardware" line and say "wait 'till E3 June for more details" where they reveal a new Series SKU (that cylinder looking Series X).

cireza

A podcast ? Perfect answer to this the infinite amount of stupid rumors.

We don't give a shit we just gonna talk about stuff lolz

I hope it lasts for 4 hours lol. So the people watching it can enjoy the pain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom