• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox business Showcase Announced for February 15

Draugoth

Gold Member
He just had the title ready waiting for the link ;)

Even worse then. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Y all impressed by my ninja skills?

aigis-aegis.gif

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Seriously, a fucking podcast. The most important message you have to share for your brand in what's probably going to be an hour of bullshit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont watch podcasts.

So will it be a bunch of people sitting in a studio gabbing? Or it'll be like a showcase with slides and such?

Elios83

Umm on a Friday...they want to disappear for the weekend 👀 "pie_tears_joy:

Edit: Lol I had my calendar on March because I was planning holidays "pie_tears_joy: "pie_tears_joy:

Last edited:

CamHostage

I wonder if it is a podcast because they were caught off guard with the rumors and didn't have enough time to put together a properly edited video presentation?

Well, a podcast makes this clearer that it's info rather than gameplay. No confusion with gamers that this will be "exciting" or have something to preorder and look forward to. It also shows the news cycle a bit since the material can't just be quoted and reposted, so they get data on how much people cared about the subject to tune in. No makeup and lighting crew from the video team. Cheaper, easier, quieter...

It's weird, but it makes sense as a format in some ways.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I dont watch podcasts.

So will it be a bunch of people sitting in a studio gabbing? Or it'll be like a showcase with slides and such?
It will likely be just like this.

Phil talks, and they ask questions. We'll likely get better info this way. It's all pre-planned, but the hosts can pose questions that the audience wants clarified and lead to more explanation. The only people let down should be Keighley, who was probably trying to set this event up in select theaters.

Last edited:
That's an interesting format to deliver this.

Almost feels like it's just as bad as people are thinking it is, and they need time to explain it all.

Well, "bad" in the context of who's looking at it. For the Xbox console warriors, it'll probably be "bad", but they matter little in the end and deserve to feel bad. For the non-toxic diehards & fans of the console, it might be "disappointing", but maybe a couple silver linings in there. For regular gamers in general, it'll more or less be okay or "interesting"; maybe initially confusing but eventually making sense. Maybe shocking in a way but ultimately they'll be okay with whatever comes of it.

And of course for those like PlayStation console warriors, it'll be "great" and "amazing", but mainly at the expense of the Xbox console warriors. But just like those, they ultimately matter little in the end.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Here we go

A Podcast?

We hear you and are listening but we feel it didn't warrant an actual video

I didn't even know they had a podcast, googling it reveals it's a video podcast with them sitting around on sofas. So I guess more of a friendly chat show type thing, rather than a direct-style looking-down-the-camera video.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This should have been scripted pre-recorded thing lol.

Last edited:

H-I-M

“Teams”
“Amazing”
“Passion of our fans”
“We all win “‘

We bought activision and made Starfield an exclusive because we wanted to crush the competition.
Unfortunately the plans backfired, the game has lost 90% of its players, Xbox sales are at an all time low and gamepass numbers have plateaued for years.

We're putting Hi-Fi Rush, Indiana Jones, Starfield on Playstation because when everybody plays, we all win :angel emoji: :heart emoji:

Too many Xbox showcases these days :messenger_tears_of_joy: They announced the death of Windows Phone via a tweet. They will announce the death of Xbox via the podcast. Considering that amount of Xbox podcasts out there, it is a quite fitting end :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But of course Xbox is not going anywhere.

splattered

A podcast?

Zero respect shown.

Why?

Do you expect them to put on a big long video production just to refute bogus rumors that have been circulating the internet last week?

This more says to me that all this misinformation that's been flying around isn't worth the time to get all dressed up and tap dance for everyone.

It's probably going to be a cool calm business as usual discussion with maybe a few "but" moments like hi-fi rush and sea of thieves ports.

Maybe, but the rumors for Switch 2 have it being revealed in March, so if Nintendo plan on doing another Direct, they'd likely wait until March when they reveal the new Switch.

That's what it seems like they'd do anyway. Have Nintendo ever done Directs in back-to-back months?

They must be purposely talking about it after the Nintendo Direct so that they can talk about Hi-Fi Rush and other games more freely. It may very well be a contractual thing with Nintendo as well.

Possible. But if they're using the Direct to piggyback off into discussing their multiplat strategy, they'll have to be very clear what that strategy entails and what non-Nintendo platforms are also involved.

They would be making a huge mistake to send out optics that seem they are begrudgingly putting games on PlayStation, as that wouldn't seem inviting to those potential customers. Which in turn, could turn a lot of them off from bothering to buy the games when they are released on the platform. That's excusing any games Nintendo may have a marketing deal with, though (which would be crazy for its own reasons. Imagine MS actually do make a new Banjo-Kazooie but prioritize it for Switch 2 and Xbox console owners are mentioned last. Probably not as big an issue if they're shifting away from the current Xbox consoles altogether).

Last edited:
Too many Xbox showcases these days :messenger_tears_of_joy: They announced the death of Windows Phone via a tweet. They will announce the death of Xbox via the podcast. Considering that amount of Xbox podcasts out there, it is a quite fitting end :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But of course Xbox is not going anywhere.
i doubt they get out of hardware, at least this week. down the road maybe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom