• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xanadu Next |OT| Take up your sword and seek the Dragon Slayer!

Cindered

Neo Member
If you were having stuttering problems, try putting the game into exclusive fullscreen mode. It fixed the stutter perfectly for me.

The mouse support is sadly kinda ghetto right now, though this may change in the future as I make more improvements over the original game. You need to hold the "Use Mouse" button to control the cursor as if it were a mouse cursor for a couple spots.

That still doesn't work for me, and because of that, I can't even load up my game : /. Maybe I'll keep trying for a little bit and tinkering with some settings but the outlook ain't good.

Sara

That still doesn't work for me, and because of that, I can't even load up my game : /. Maybe I'll keep trying for a little bit and tinkering with some settings but the outlook ain't good.

I'm making some adjustments to the code right now.

Sara just patched in a new text prompt for backup saves:

zSsx9bF.jpg

Seda

I mentioned this earlier but I'll mention it again now that Sara is here.

The Lore Lord achievement didn't unlock for me and I translated all of them.

Sara

If you're using Steam, try the new build I just put out; You can restart Steam to make sure you're fully up to date, since that forces it to check for patches right away.

I mentioned this earlier but I'll mention it again now that Sara is here.

The Lore Lord achievement didn't unlock for me and I translated all of them.

Does it show any progress whatsoever?

Edit: Also, I added a "/RESET" command line argument for resetting Steam achievements (won't work for GOG at the moment, but I'll work on that too) and the error on starting the game should be fixed.

Seda

Does it show any progress whatsoever?

Actually now it does. 1/24. It mightve been because I was playing pre-release.

Also the Max Rank achievement says 0/20 even though I'm around 24. I might just have to play the game again to get those.

FLD

Edit: Also, I added a "/RESET" command line argument for resetting Steam achievements (won't work for GOG at the moment, but I'll work on that too) and the error on starting the game should be fixed.

Awesome, thanks!

Sara

Actually now it does. 1/24. It mightve been because I was playing pre-release.

Also the Max Rank achievement says 0/20 even though I'm around 24. I might just have to play the game again to get those.

The translation achievement isn't retroactive, so pre-release stuff might not carry over.
As for rank, it only counts the rank it gives you at the end of the game.

AlanOC91

Can't get passed the name entry screen....

It's fine initially but the moment I enter the first letter the cursor disappears completely. Both KB&M and Gamepad.

Tested on multiple resolutions :-/

EDIT: I think it's also registering multiple inputs with one press. If I push the left/right arrow on the name entry screen it's like it hits is 5 times instantly.

Sara

It's fine initially but the moment I enter the first letter the cursor disappears completely. Both KB&M and Gamepad.

That's weird. If you absolutely can't manage, try just typing your name instead, though, which is a new feature of the English version.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

EDIT: I think it's also registering multiple inputs with one press. If I push the left/right arrow on the name entry screen it's like it hits is 5 times instantly.

Could it be something as simple as unplugging the gamepad?

AlanOC91

That's weird. If you absolutely can't manage, try just typing your name instead, though, which is a new feature of the English version.

Thanks!

FYI had another issue where the mouse cursor would show up (the gauntlet hand) and freeze in the middle of the screen. I could still highlight and click stuff but it was like it was with an invisible mouse.

Turning off "Use System Mouse Cursor" fixed it for me. Not sure why.

Could it be something as simple as unplugging the gamepad?

Possibly a Gamepad (Xbox 360) issue. Turning it off completely, turning off the option above and going full KB&M causes the cursor (selection box) to not disappear.

EDIT: Yep. Going back to Gamepad causes the issue to happen again. Which is a big shame as I want to play it on my TV with my 360 controller.

Sara

The patch fixed the problem for me. Gamepad doesn't work, but fuck it, I wanna play this so bad.

Gamepad's still busted for you? After the patch I was seeing my gamepad working okay in name entry proper, but I dunno if there's any more problems lurking deeper since I'm running around like a headless chicken trying to do a million different things at once.

Edit:

Possibly a Gamepad (Xbox 360) issue. Turning it off completely, turning off the option above and going full KB&M causes the cursor (selection box) to not disappear.

EDIT: Yep. Going back to Gamepad causes the issue to happen again. Which is a big shame as I want to play it on my TV with my 360 controller.

Maybe the sensitivity setting could help with this? I wonder what's going on for you exactly, yikes...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Hmm... Game is working now, but every time I quit out of the game, I get an error saying that the "program has stopped working" and needs to shut down. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but kind of weird...

AlanOC91

Gamepad's still busted for you? After the patch I was seeing my gamepad working okay in name entry proper, but I dunno if there's any more problems lurking deeper since I'm running around like a headless chicken trying to do a million different things at once.

For myself, after typing in the name manually at the name entry the controller support seems to be working fine once in game :)

Thanks for pushing out the patches BTW!

Sara

Hmm... Game is working now, but every time I quit out of the game, I get an error saying that the "program has stopped working" and needs to shut down. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but kind of weird...

I'm pretty sure I've fixed this in the latest patch.
It was caused in part by a minor oversight in my attempt to fix the "prompting to load the last autosave too often" issue.

bede-x

For myself, after typing in the name manually at the name entry the controller support seems to be working fine once in game :)

I had the same issue with multiple inputs being registered on the naming screen with the controller, but luckily it goes away in-game.

To Xseed: Thank you so much for bringing this over.

So most of the issues mentioned in this thread are fixed already? Nice, I think it's time to grab a copy from Humble Store then.

Syril

I'm been noticing another issue, where any time the player character's name appears in text, the entire rest of that line gets omitted. It's not very obvious at the beginning when most of the instances look like Char just saying his name, but it becomes really obvious in the interlude after the encounter with Dvorak, where the instant his name comes up, the entire screen following it is blank, and the next lines make it really clear that there was information missing.

AlanOC91

Another small gamepad issue unfortunately:

Pressing "Y" in game to bring up the equipment/stats menu doesn't let me go through my gear or inventory. It only lets me cycle through my quick slots.

I've spent 10 minutes trying everything so I don't think it's me. I end up having to use my mouse to hover over inventory items.

Just restarted and pulled down another update so going to test again!

Sara

Another small gamepad issue unfortunately:

Pressing "Y" in game to bring up the equipment/stats menu doesn't let me go through my gear or inventory. It only lets me cycle through my quick slots.

I've spent 10 minutes trying everything so I don't think it's me. I end up having to use my mouse to hover over inventory items.

Just restarted and pulled down another update so going to test again!

That one is an original game problem unfortunately; Hold the "Use Mouse" button on the gamepad and use that to interact with the inventory on a gamepad.
I hope to redo some aspects of the gamepad support (such as this) in the future from scratch, but for now this is what we have.

AlanOC91

That one is an original game problem unfortunately; Hold the "Use Mouse" button on the gamepad and use that to interact with the inventory on a gamepad.
I hope to redo some aspects of the gamepad support (such as this) in the future from scratch, but for now this is what we have.

Alright perfect! Thanks for the info. Might actually try make a Steam Controller profile instead of using the 360 controller. Seems perfect for this.

Aeana

Yeah, word of warning about the gamepad in this game: it was added in a post-release patch to appease people who complained. This game is designed for the mouse.

Syril

Yeah, word of warning about the gamepad in this game: it was added in a post-release patch to appease people who complained. This game is designed for the mouse.

I haven't had any issues with using the gamepad for fighting, but I also don't have any qualms about using the mouse for menus. It's also not true that the gamepad is bound to 8 directions for movement as was in the OP, at least that hasn't been the case for me.

preta

My cursor doesn't move from the center of the screen, making the mouse basically unusable. Any ideas?

Also, I hear there are bugs with a few weapon skills, from the first dagger and axe? Have these been patched yet?

AlanOC91

My cursor doesn't move from the center of the screen, making the mouse basically unusable. Any ideas?

Also, I hear there are bugs with a few weapon skills, from the first dagger and axe? Have these been patched yet?

Untick use system mouse in settings.

Syril

Yeah those got fixed a couple hours ago.

Durante

It's noticeable, but outside of the menus it plays pretty damn well with the controller IMHO (and the menus also work pretty well with the Steam controller and a trackball mode switch).

Still waiting on a GOG patch... Sorry to be a bother, but I don't really wanna jump in with skills not working. :/
I'm still playing the "skills not working" version on Steam since I haven't restarted the game for hours :p
(I call it hardcore mode -- you first have to work for your skills ;))

Seda

I'm still playing the "skills not working" version on Steam since I haven't restarted the game for hours :p
(I call it hardcore mode -- you first have to work for your skills ;))

I played the entire game this way thinking this was, for some reason, the intended design. >_<

AlanOC91

Ah so much better on a Steam Controller! Gonna play around with it for a bit before uploading it to the community if the 15 minute steam controller profile timer doesn't act weird. I had to play Nightcry for 3 hours before I could upload my profile.

Seda

So do I just sell the bones to the shopkeeper to get cheaper keys or do I do something else?

Yep. You can also buy a whittling knife from Agnes
after fighting the first salamander
to whittle bones into keys yourself.

btw, you can ultimately get something special for buying all of Agnes' special goods in each place she shows up. I don't think anything is missable.

Yep. You can also buy a whittling knife from Agnes
after fighting the first salamander
to whittle bones into keys yourself.

btw, you can ultimately get something special for buying all of Agnes' special goods in each place she shows up. I don't think anything is missable.

Ah alright, wasn't noticing any changes to the price of keys but then again I only sold 2 bones. Thanks!

Top Bottom