• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
My opinion on today's wrestling news.

- Vince likely resigned due to all the allegations.
- Vince no longer having creative control is not only good for WWE, but for wrestling in general.
- Booking should see huge improvements.

Things they should do.
- I would get rid of the 24/7 title
- Get rid of the women's NXT tag team titles. Originally, they were going to have the main roster tag team titles being defended across all three brands and that's something they should go back to.
- Get rid of Butch and bring back Pete Dunne.

I'm happy that we're not going to see any more of these shitty Vince McMahon gimmicks.

Hayabusa83

Banned

- Vince no longer having creative control is not only good for WWE, but for wrestling in general.

Things they should do.
- Get rid of the women's NXT tag team titles. Originally, they were going to have the main roster tag team titles being defended across all three brands and that's something they should go back to.

I'm happy that we're not going to see any more of these shitty Vince McMahon gimmicks.

Hopefully we are never subject to bathroom humor and midgets ever again.

dave_d

On the bright side there's no chance Axiom is going to be in a stable with 2 other wrestlers named "Postulate" and "Conjecture".

Bullet Club

zPiMQ6q.jpg

Fox Mulder

Things they should do.

I’m more excited to see if production changes with Kevin Dunn surely being kicked out on the street now. Goodbye to his shitty jump cuts and shaking cameras.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Ring of Honor was a great show and I highly recommend FTR vs Briscoes.

Agreed. I actually enjoyed this RoH show more then I've enjoyed AEW over the last few months. It reminded me more of year 1 and 2 AEW where it was just dudes putting on banger matches for the sake of wrestling. Claudio is a star, LOVED Dalton and the Boys, and yeah FTR/Briscos was great. FTR seriously might be and I think they are the best tag team of all time.

I hope ROH gets a timeslot or on HBOMAX and the roster gets filled in proper. I could see Alberto going that way with Rush, especially after the Flair final match. Dudes in AEW who are floundering need a stable show and home. Especially with Vince gone and the likeliness of HHH and Steph getting most of the power is there. He will definitely be coming for some of his NXT stars with the guarantee of being main roster WWE superstars.

Fox Mulder

I wonder about those rumors about AEW talent going back now that Vince is gone.

Probably depends on how much it changes. A ton of guys were built like stars in NXT and just didn’t get a shot under Vince. AEW still only has 3 hours of tv and a HHH run WWE would bring guys back.

Even Gargano and Kross should come back. Throw Io Shirai on Raw or whatever where she belongs but Vince would have confused her with Asuka. A dude like LA Knight shouldn’t have been a main roster manager.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Could be a great turn for WWE, wonder how Cody feels about going back now :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I'm sure Papa H will definitely stick to the plan Vince had worked out with him. Will be nice to see some real direction for guys that should be main eventers like Drew/KO/Ciampa and so many more that felt like superstars in NXT before Vince failed them.

First order should be getting the belts off of Roman and make them matter and be defended. Finally Empress Asuka can return to the womens title scene.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Could be a great turn for WWE, wonder how Cody feels about going back now :messenger_tears_of_joy:. I'm sure Papa H will definitely stick to the plan Vince had worked out with him. Will be nice to see some real direction for guys that should be main eventers like Drew/KO/Ciampa and so many more that felt like superstars in NXT before Vince failed them.

First order should be getting the belts off of Roman and make them matter and be defended. Finally Empress Asuka can return to the womens title scene.

They need to deal with Brock as well. Maybe have Roman and him do one big match, the ring collapses into the ground, and the both of them are just missing.

Dthomp

Yep. I'll wait a few months.

There was some good things on there like the Rey segments but I can't take the Miz and Jake Paul stuff and the show just drags.

I think the Raw after SS could be some quality entertainment. Need to pay off these current bad feuds and stories and have some direction for people to go. Was Paul a Vince hire? I have no idea how long we're stuck with him, but hopefully it's not long in the new regime.

Raw wasn't great, but it felt less chaotic to watch and listen too. I'd imagine not having Vince screaming in headsets makes commentary a little less crazy.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Well for wrestling fans things are looking good now. Let’s see how a newly staffed wwe fair. Vince can’t touch shit now right ?

Fast And Furious Eating GIF by The Fast Saga

Naked Lunch

Great Dynamite tonight.
Lots of shine on the younger talent. Had to be a wild and surreal moment for Taz with Hook.
Unexpected turn of Hobbs. Hobbs and Ricky had a good tag team going - but Ill take an unpredictable twist.
Trios titles finally announced.

Loved that Garcia won to end the show. He may not look the part for your typical wrestler but the kid has some skill and wrestles primarily with grapples - that makes him believeable in my eyes. Usually someone of his stature does the flippy style - hes unique in that he doesnt. Garcia being from Buffalo, he should have Buffalo's Griselda do his theme. Westside Gun is a big wrestling fan - I saw him at last week's Dynamite.

Last edited:

Hayabusa83

Banned
I have never been a fan of Ric Flair or Double J but damn this "Last Match" stuff is AWESOME!

I can't help but think that Ric Flair wants to die in a ring.... and I don't blame him.

Hayabusa83

Banned
Hayabusa83 Hayabusa83 welcome to the conversation but the flair thing looks awful.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

To me it feels like old school heat. You got all sorts of mentions of wrestling history - Was Jarrett a real horseman? Ric Flair's addiction and money problems. Jay Lethal being disappointed by his idol, Flair insulting Jarrett and his dad.... Keep in mind this was produced outside the realm of mainstream wrestling. All things considered I thought it was an entertaining segment.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

To me it feels like old school heat. You got all sorts of mentions of wrestling history - Was Jarrett a real horseman? Ric Flair's addiction and money problems. Jay Lethal being disappointed by his idol, Flair insulting Jarrett and his dad.... Keep in mind this was produced outside the realm of mainstream wrestling. All things considered I thought it was an entertaining segment.
Flair can still go ?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Great to see Kai is back. She really deserves a run on the main roster.

I know many people are skeptical about how much control HHH has on the creative side (they still think Vinc is secretly running things), but if this is in fact it, then this is a great start.

If he can bring back Sasha and Naomi, then I see great things in the future.

Kagey K

Banned
That was the best PPV WWE has put on in a long time and the final match far exceeded my expectations.

Kind of excited to see where the new creative goes, Haven't been able to say that since 2005 or so.

Top Bottom