• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

ManaByte

Gold Member
HHH when Billy Gunn tries to come crawling back:
Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

NickFire

Going to be interesting to see which wrestlers come back knowing Triple H & Stephanie is in charge.

The return of Bailey with her new crew was handled perfectly IMO. Becky starting the return to her best gimmick was a cherry on top. All signs point to the best pool of female wrestling talent finally being treated the right way. I'm really looking forward to where HHH (and Steph) takes that division.

Man, how quickly things can change. I'm almost in disbelief at how suddenly WWE went from YAWN in my book, to can't wait to see what's next. Exciting times are at hand. Two little things I'm hoping will happen are: 1) HHH entrances need to start with Time to Play the Game; and 2) Change Theory's name back to Austin Theory. It just works much better.

On a different topic, I'm going to toot my own horn after bitching for two months about AEW dropping the ball on the MJF situation (among other dumb decisions). Regarding MJF specifically, they had the most buzz in all of wrestling and pissed it all away for nothing in return. They literally shelved the most interesting story they or anyone else had for TWO months. And whether they restart it this week or not, everyone is now focused on where WWE goes from here thanks to Vince finally getting out of the way. I'm still sold on MJF, but in comparison to WWE being led by HHH (anyone other than Vince), MJF's feud with Tony Khan is peanuts. Frankly, I think I would like to see MJF jump ship now that HHH is running the show. He's a natural heel, and HHH is one of the best heels in the history of wrestling (if not the best). MJF aside, how about the dumb decision to kill their 2021 momentum by keeping the belt on Hangman for so long when he clearly did not have the momentum of a handful of other wrestlers? Or not capitalizing on Adam Cole and having him lose his biggest opportunities despite how over he was with the live crowds. Absolutely bonkers. But if 900k viewers was their end goal, at least they can take some comfort in getting there I guess.

Raw is on tonight, and its the first one after a staple PPV when major storylines often start. Oh hell yeah!!

AJUMP23

Gold Member
HHH's Attitude Era 2.0 is going to squash AEW faster than the first Attitude Era crushed WCW.
I think AEW has a pretty dedicated audience. There is no reason multiple promotions can’t exist in the current environment. I don’t think AEW will be crushed. I don’t know that wwe will get better.

dave_d

I think AEW has a pretty dedicated audience. There is no reason multiple promotions can’t exist in the current environment. I don’t think AEW will be crushed. I don’t know that wwe will get better.
Pretty much. I mean just go look at 411 mania's wrestling section. Every AEW show gets at least an 8 out of 10 on a show with only a few guys good at promos and most matches in the 2-3 range. Then again it's also the site with a major faction of the impact defense team. (You guys have heard of that right?)

jufonuk

not tag worthy
What ever happens happens between AEW and WWE. All I know is both sides going to go all out to prove they are the best. Will there be WWE AEW crossover ? Now I’m thinking it’s not out of the realm of possibilities.

For fans it’s going to be a good thing.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: RNG

Naked Lunch

HHH's Attitude Era 2.0 is going to squash AEW faster than the first Attitude Era crushed WCW.
Who is there to even care about in WWE?
Brock sucks. Roman is garbage. Cant stand Becky or the Miz. Whole roster is annoying.

I like Asuka, Zayne, and Mandy Rose - thats really all I can think of.

edit: I also forgot that they signed that douche Jake Paul or whatever his name is. I wont watch that dude. Shits garbage.

Last edited:

Labolas

Who is there to even care about in WWE?
Brock sucks. Roman is garbage. Cant stand Becky or the Miz. Whole roster is annoying.

I like Asuka, Zayne, and Mandy Rose - thats really all I can think of.
Yeah that's problem with WWE currently. I would go back and watch but I have next to no interest in the current roster.

Love Asuka, Sammi, and Owens but beyond that most of the talent I actually liked and follow have left.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

A significant update has developed regarding the WWE statuses of Sasha Banks and Naomi in WWE.

“Wrestling News Co.” reported earlier today that they were told an agreement has been reached for both Banks and Naomi to return to the company. Brian Alvarez of the “Wrestling Observer Live” podcast stated that a source confirmed the report to him. He said he believed the report was accurate but couldn’t say 100% definitively that it was true.

Agent X

The Triple Threat match that just concluded between AJ Styles, Mustafa Ali, and The Miz had a great flow to it. All three participants kept the action going, and made it look like any one of them could take the victory. That's the way Triple Threat matches should be done.

Kagey K

Banned
The Triple Threat match that just concluded between AJ Styles, Mustafa Ali, and The Miz had a great flow to it. All three participants kept the action going, and made it look like any one of them could take the victory. That's the way Triple Threat matches should be done.
The finish from AJ was pretty good too.

RNG

Jesus, haven't watched in over 10 years and it takes them slightly over 20 minutes to finally get to a wrestling match.

dave_d

This sounds more like I play the product in the background but do not watch it.
No, no I do actually watch it. It's just with my Tivo I can skip the commercials, the recaps from last week, the ads the next PPV, and the stupid stuff it ends up being a much shorter show. Hell, at its worst when I did that with Smackdown or AEW Rampage I could finish those shows in under an hour.

NickFire

Despite my complaints in recent weeks (months), I still find myself hoping that AEW comes out swinging tonight (and finally brings MJF back).

Top Bottom