• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Solid enough Dynamite, bookend segments weren't for me, but that's more my lack of interest in performers. OC is trash, and should be used VERY rarely, and used more along the Danhausen lines. The fact he beats people is an embarrassment.

I know injuries have mucked shit up, but TKs guys that he pushes HARD just aren't entertaining or believable to me. OC with like 60+ wins, Moxley with 4 losses in what 3 years? Darby always having to look strong, and likely going over Brodie.

I hated the Hangman title reign, but the sooner Punk is back the better. Moxley was awful, but didn't really get the hate his run deserved since it was Covid and all.

I was ready to be over the DMD reign when it finally ended, but Rosa is Hangman levels of just not interesting or over. If the plan is Storm, pull the trigger, should have just moved it to Deeb when you had the shot. Rosa is just not good enough in the ring, and very below average on the mic, almost any female that gets TV time the last 6 months would make a better champion.

Yuta is good, not multiple main events good over the last few months. Just hiccups here and there to me as far as me staying invested and entertained through a show.

This last weeks Raw had a direction, and many segments to get over what is to come and that had me excited for the first time in A LONG TIME for WWE. I loved the Becky The Man gimmick, can't wait for the massive return pop for her. Everything Trips did with the women on Raw was 10,000x more interesting then what AEW has done with its women in at least 6 months (Lady Goldberg is not a good gimmick).

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I wonder if aew is in danger of moving networks with all the budget cuts happening. They need more tv money and it's going to be an uphill battle.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I appreciate a long game as much as the next person but just what the hell is doing on with MJF.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I chose death by snu snu.
Imagine you laying in bed and you see this walk in

futurama fry GIF

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

There were rumors floating around earlier today that he could be brought back to the WWE, but I didn't expect him to appear tonight on Smackdown.

I still can't believe Vince thought it was a good idea to have Karrion Kross lose to Jeff Hardy in his debut match.

Also, tag team tournament?

People are saying on Twitter that Sasha and Naomi should have a CM Punk/John Cena moment with the Tag Team Titles. That'll be amazing.

DKehoe

Gold Member

There were rumors floating around earlier today that he could be brought back to the WWE, but I didn't expect him to appear tonight on Smackdown.

I still can't believe Vince thought it was a good idea to have Karrion Kross lose to Jeff Hardy in his debut match.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm wondering if on top of everything he's trying to turn Shayna Baszler back into the major threat she once was instead of a joke that she's been for a while. Guess we'll see.

Shayna would have never gotten a title shot again under Vince's control so it's already a big upturn.

Kagey K

Banned
Ok that car crash stuff from tonight happening in the background and the police running in to arrest the guy in the front row without anyone making reference to it tonight was kind of cool.

Only the most aware caught most of it. (I'm not even sure I caught it all)

I'm sure they will highlight it next week for those that missed it.

Last edited:

NickFire

Pretty cool show from Cleveland tonight.

Great match between those two and great set up promo by Ciampa too. The promo made me believe he really had a chance on some of the near falls.

In particular, KO, Bobby Lashley, and AJ Styles seem to have gained a couple steps of fire and intensity in entrances and match pacing. Judgment Day comes across a lot better as well IMO. The new booking approach is phenomenal.

Agent X

Great match between those two and great set up promo by Ciampa too. The promo made me believe he really had a chance on some of the near falls.

In particular, KO, Bobby Lashley, and AJ Styles seem to have gained a couple steps of fire and intensity in entrances and match pacing. Judgment Day comes across a lot better as well IMO. The new booking approach is phenomenal.

It was a great match for sure. Last week's Triple Threat matches (setting the stage for this match) were also very well done.

You're right about the new booking approach, too. They did a great job of "rescuing" Ciampa from the doldrums that he fell into when he first moved over to Raw. He looks like a credible competitor now. I was afraid that this was going to turn out similar to the way they mishandled Karrion Kross on Raw last year. Speaking of which, they also did excellent job of bringing back Kross in a big way on SmackDown a few days ago.

AJUMP23

AEW is starting to get people back from injury and one showed up last night so that was good. It was odd to hear Statlander is injured again.

I think they need to put Penelope in the front of the women's division.

Naked Lunch

AEW is starting to get people back from injury and one showed up last night so that was good. It was odd to hear Statlander is injured again.

I think they need to put Penelope in the front of the women's division.
Does Penelope even work there anymore?
Also what happened to Shawn Spears? Dude just vanished.
Im wondering when Kenny will make his return - hopefully hes not wasted being the Young Bucks 3rd trios member next week.

AJUMP23

Does Penelope even work there anymore?
Also what happened to Shawn Spears? Dude just vanished.
Im wondering when Kenny will make his return - hopefully hes not wasted being the Young Bucks 3rd trios member next week.
Shawn Spears has been busy getting his wife preggo.

Penelope does still work there, but I don't know why she isn't on TV. She was great in the early years.

NickFire

I think Kenny joining bucks next week is a lock.

Overall, AEW shows the past two weeks were ok. Too much filler with talent no one cares much about though, at least IMO. It feels like a chore watching half the show and it’s only 2 hours.

DKehoe

Gold Member
In other wrestling news it looks like Judo Gene Lebell just died.
The man had a fascinating life. He was the inspiration for the Bruce Lee scene in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and was also the referee for the Inoki/Ali fight

Top Bottom