• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst game of 2005? (and say a bit about it)

Limedust

john tv said:
Was Unlimited Saga 2005? Even if it wasn't, it's still 2005's worst game of the year.

EDIT: Forgot to say something about it -- it sucked.

Heh, Unlimited Saga is the pretentious asshole of elitist console RPGs.
I still enjoyed it for the time I was able to exclusively dedicate to it.

i haven't played a ton of games this year, so for me it's a toss-up between kirby ds and battalion wars. kirby is not that bad--it's just shallow.

battalion wars is the one i'm more disappointed with. i thought the game was going to be a blast, but it just seems broken. your troops are just not 'smart' enough...

i'm actually interested in that bible game though. looks like a riot, especially if you round up some people to play :lol

Eric Hall

Musashi for the PS2 is the biggest dissapointment this year

But, worst game.....please, this is an easy one

257386.jpg

What a glitchy, messy, piece of shit

But, thats soon to be dethroned by this

259717.jpg

Tarazet

={<SMOKE>}= said:
i'm actually interested in that bible game though. looks like a riot, especially if you round up some people to play :lol

Go to a Gamecrazy tomorrow... they will have The Bible Game marked down to $17.99, so you can get it for free with a far superior game, like Suikoden IV or Star Ocean 3. ;)

demi

sonarrat said:
Go to a Gamecrazy tomorrow... they will have The Bible Game marked down to $17.99, so you can get it for free with a far superior game, like Suikoden IV or Star Ocean 3. ;)

Er..

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
If Nintendogs was an actual game I'd say it was the worst of the year.

So instead, worst non-game of the year: Nintendogs

I haven't played too many bad games this year, but the two worst that come to mind have been Jade Empire and Yoshi Touch and Go. Both shitty in different ways.

User 406

Banned
I know this will be dismissed as a typical "pick popular game to bash" post, but I swear to you I was sure I'd love it before I picked it up.

Super Monkey Ball DX

Keep in mind I don't have a Gamecube, so this isn't one of those "oh the port is so bad" complaints. I love stuff like Marble Madness and Mojo, so Super Monkey Ball looked right up my alley, and I was delighted when I heard that it was being ported to the PSX2. I picked it up during the Toys R Us 3 for 2 sale.

Then I played it.

FUCK THAT NO CAMERA CONTROL BULLSHIT.

For the most part, the levels I played through were all pretty simple and straightforward, and the real difficulty was in dealing with the fact that I had NO control over the camera whatsoever. If I was on a tiny little ledge and I wanted to look in a certain direction, I was boned since the shitty camera kept trying to turn in whatever direction my stick was pointing even though making small course corrections is something I'm doing all the time. Even worse were the levels where you get popped up into the air and need to land on something. WHY THE FUCK IS MY CAMERA POINTING STRAIGHT UP? The fucking map is practically useless since it spazzes out as the whole level tilts, so I was constantly going by guesswork and feel instead of seeing what I needed to see.

I know this is Sega, whose motto is "Arcade Games for Retards <--- HAY GUYS HERE'S A BIG FUCKING COLORED FLASHING ARROW THAT IS POINTING AT OUR MOTTO SO YOU KNOW IT'S OUR MOTTO™", but would it have killed them to put camera control on the right analog stick? Shit, if touching two analog sticks at the same time is so horribly complicated that it will drive gamers into the arms of puppy petting sims, why not at the very least a single damn button to center the camera?

I managed to slog through about 70 levels before I finally screamed "GET OUT OF MY PLAYSTATION" and stopped that infernal fucking BEEPING as well as shutting up that GOD DAMN NOISY MONKEY by ripping the disc out of the console. BLARRRGHRGAGAHRGGAHGAGGRHGHGHGHHH!!

Then I traded it in at Record Exchange straight across for a pristine used copy of Eyetoy Antigrav sans camera. I win! :D

Loops

Golden Axe Ages, because it's not only a bad game, it's also a scar to this classic game, and a cruel deception after the hope of a good game.

Top Bottom