• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood |OT| Out With The New Order, In With The Old Blood

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Wolf 3D and Spear of Destiny are good games.
RTCW won a ton of GOTY awards.
Wolfestein: Enemy Territory was the GOAT for Free to Play games for the longest time.
Wolf 2009 was mediocre.
Wolfenstein The New Order was good.

What track record are you talking about? Because there was only one mediocre game and even that is debatable.

wolf 2009 was great. what are YOU talking about? :p

there isn't a single weak entry in the series.

Did you check the Application folder under Settings > System Storage Managment > Applications? Sometimes the rest of a PSN game is downloading the background and the progress is shown there.

Don't be fooled by the 6GB file size you see under Notifications > Downloads....

Yep it fooled me. Lol

MacBosse

Ok I caved in and just bought it digital on X1. Give me some god damned nazis to kill and awesome cheesy oneliners!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Single player was good, but nowhere as good as RTCW. Multiplayer was a huge disappointment.

no one will deny the mp was a colossal fuckup, but raven had nothing to do with it and frankly no one should even bother acknowledging that it ever existed.
saying the sp is 'nowhere near as good as RTCW' isn't giving it enough credit either, i think. if nothing else the weapons and death animations were some of the best in the genre.

npa189

Ugh, I just knew I should have gotten this on PS4, that shitty texture pop in problem is still in this, having only 2gb of VRAM really sucks.

Never mind, turned texture compression off and its perfect now, friggin megatextures...

Duxxy3

As much as I want this right now, I am going to hold off until there's a physical bundle with new order.

got me a glitch already, wish i caught the video in time

CEN2zAVUMAAVO-q.jpg

floating dogs after you kill them. happened to me twice now

Unit24

Wow, there really was no point in preloading at all. Downloading it probably would have taken about the same amount of time, maybe even less.

FrsDvl

I'm getting pretty bad graphical artifacts on PC.. I'm on a 7970, not sure what's causing it. Probably Windows 10 preview is my guess?

Well I've played through the prologue and I'm really, really enjoying it thus far. Very polished, and very Wolfenstein. Runs great as well on my GTX 980/i7 4790K combo. Locked 60FPS/4K DSR. Really pretty game, too. I played The New Order on my PS4 but I must say, this looks significantly better.

Here's a few quick screenshots of my playthrough thus far:

4Eub.jpg

6Eub.jpg

8Eub.jpg

9Eub.jpg

AEub.jpg

Vitor711

Getting awful stuttering no matter what settings I chose - 8GB 980m and an i7-4910QM. Weird.

EDIT: Turned off adaptive V-sync - doesn't play nice with mobile cards.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
no one will deny the mp was a colossal fuckup, but raven had nothing to do with it and frankly no one should even bother acknowledging that it ever existed.
saying the sp is 'nowhere near as good as RTCW' isn't giving it enough credit either, i think. if nothing else the weapons and death animations were some of the best in the genre.

My full bore Kar plus Nazis head popping = bliss.

Still has my favourite combat of the series too. I really need to replay it after The Old Blood.

tesqui

What the hecks going on? It's estimated 40+ min to update. I already preloaded 38gigs of it. How much more does it have to do?

Only played about half an hour or so and it already seems exactly as awesome as TNO. Seems like it might be heading for a more occult focused story, which is fun. And there have been a lot of mentions of Hitler already. Fingers crossed for Mecha-Hitler.

MrBS

Anyone else on PC having issues with advanced video settings not saving? It keeps reverting to medium whenever I exit the menu :(

edit: there is an apply option at the top of the screen I missed ><

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Opening the first real chapter with forced stealth puzzling really does not do this any favours. But whatever. Still good.

Sound mix is still poor.

Played over an hour on PS4 and the sound mix feels better than TNO to me. Sound was really off there, but here it just sounds normal I feel.

There's a separate voice volume and master volume slider.

Hoje0308

Banned
Dear devs,
NPCs that repeat the same "C'mon, we've got to go now!" dialogue in areas that have collectibles is poor form at best, and fucking annoying and makes me hate your game momentarily at worst. Especially when reading and the lore building that go with it are involved.
Sincerely,
Some dude.

PS: Killing Nazis is still guilt free fun. More of that, please.

Maybesew

Playing on uber to hopefully get all the trophies in one shot. Pretty difficult for me in the first hour or so. The game looks great, maybe slightly better than TNO, maybe the same.

The gameplay took a few minutes to remember and then became familiar again

drotahorror

I can't be the only idiot to not get past this first room with the super soldier? I hit both switches, he still just runs around, he never shuts down temporarily like the tip says. There's also no melee prompt to kill him.

I dunno, guess I'm just a moron.

Hoje0308

Banned
Is this actually going to happen?
Ive got TNO in my amazon cart but havnt confirmed yet.

You'd still be getting two discs, so the value of a bundle comes down to how much you really need to save some cash and how important it is for you to consolidate multiple discs into one package.

I can't be the only idiot to not get past this first room with the super soldier? I hit both switches, he still just runs around, he never shuts down temporarily like the tip says. There's also no melee prompt to kill him.

One opens the door, the other (the one that looks like a turbine) shuts down the mechanical suit. It's time sensitive though, so hold square until the pressure drops, then run over and hit the melee prompt when you have the dude's back.

Maybesew

Are you holding square until it powers down

You have to hold the switch down until the light on the console turns green.

MattyG

Banned
Loved the intro (even though I was clicking to the options menu constantly). "Hot dog" killed me.

Also, it's running pretty poorly on my 760 2GB, mostly when I look over large areas. I set it to medium and I still get significant slowdown in those parts. What are the most taxing settings? Also, how do I minimize texture pop in/load in?

Steveo

Banned
I know 'The old Blood' is completely stand alone. But before I start ToB I have a question.

I installed new HDD in my PS4 and haven't transferred any save data over from my playthrough of TNO... do you get any type of bonus for having a TNO save file? Or is there no type of unlockables/bonuses?

I know 'The old Blood' is completely stand alone. But before I start ToB I have a question.

I installed new HDD in my PS4 and haven't transferred any save data over from my playthrough of TNO... do you get any type of bonus for having a TNO save file? Or is there no type of unlockables/bonuses?
None that we've heard of officially. If there are any, and I doubt it, they're damn well kept secrets. So I wouldn't worry.

leng jai

I probably won't even bother picking this up if the audio mix is indeed the same. As much as I liked TNO, that's just pitiful.

Top Bottom