• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus trailer (PC/XB1/PS4, Oct 27th, idtech6), season pass

Gurish

Beautiful game, idtech6 is awesome, game looks incredible, best trailer of E3, game of show for now alongside Anthem.

Did anyone here not enjoy the first one? It's not a bad game, but I felt like it didn't live up to its potential. The stealth was clunky and the level design was spotty. Sometimes you had cool levels like castle raids or on the moon, but then you're in the sewer or a highway or the same museum from earlier. This game looks more of the same. I hope they make some interesting changes.

As a game, The New Order wasn't really all that special. The action wasn't super amazing and the various dumb upgrades turned the experience into a game of the player opening up the menu every 30 seconds just to complete some minor and insignificant challenge.

Still, the pacing and presentation of the entire game was phenomenal. I still think it's one of the best games this generation despite some clunky gameplay.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks amazing. I find it so fitting that after having the best sex scenes in the history of video games in TNO Ania is now pregnant in 2.

Oynox

Censorship in Germany strikes back. Damn.

But the game is looking great, will definitely play it next year.

This looks great. First one was immensely enjoyable and I might fire it up in anticipation of this one..

Never played Old Blood, is it recommendable?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This looks great. First one was immensely enjoyable and I might fire it up in anticipation of this one..

Never played Old Blood, is it recommendable?

The consensus is "Good but not as good as The New Order." The forced stealth sections are a common sore point.

Riposte

I'm confused. Was that Fergus in the trailer? I was assuming they would just kill off that guy and his counterpart to be lazy.

Wamb0wneD

Yeah, campaign co-op is all too rare. I'm glad Far Cry 5 has it as one of my mates recently developed quite the predilection for the series.

I assume you're talking about the PC version? You have a few options:

- Activate a ROW retail key with a VPN and wait three months for the runtime restriction to expire
- Activate a ROW retail key with a VPN and connect to said VPN whenever you wish to play the game
- Activate a ROW retail key with a VPN and switch to Offline Mode until you've finished the game (this will eliminate the need for a VPN as Steam will no longer detect an IP change)

What it says on the tin: the CE is exclusive to EB Games (as far as Australia is concerned).

Nah, PS4. I'm new to that platform tho and I cant buy anything digitally.

butman

OMG. Totally interested.

I want to play New Order, but my local store sell the European copy of the game.

Is it censored in any aspects?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
idTech 6 fuck yeah, Vulkan, fuck yeah. DOOM ran so much better than TNO on my PC that it's ridiculous. This looks so fuckin good.

Hermii

Anyone else find it strange they have 2 in the title, considering all the games that's been over the years?

Just the subtitle would have been better imo.

Considering the previous game's willingness to go in on American race issues with J, I am really interested to see what they do with a Nazi-run US. Given how they highlighted the KKK associating with them in particular for the trailer, that has got to come up at some point.

Gonna be cathartic to shoot some Nazis again.

JaseC

Anyone else find it strange they have 2 in the title, considering all the games that's been over the years?

On the face of it, sure, but the franchise was rebooted with The New Order, to which The New Colossus is a sequel.

I must have missd the part of the trailer where he was sneaking around an old castle.

Oh you're right. It's a generic futuristic shooter.
Where is the sneaking in the castle? The only thing that completely made the atmosphere of the former games.

If it's not in the trailer, it's not in the game. that's trailers for ya

Its a sequel to a well recived game? http://opencritic.com/game/255/wolfenstein-the-new-order

It has quiet a fanbase. A lot of people think that TNO is the best shooter of the gen.

The reception the first game received was okay, but not brilliant. There are tonnes of shooters better received that are its competition. It still received significant criticism, and if it's not better, then that critique will only grow louder with this iteration.

The reception the first game received was okay, but not brilliant. There are tonnes of shooters better received that are its competition. It still received significant criticism, and if it's not better, then that critique will only grow louder with this iteration.

On GAf it's high on the list of FPS. really high.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Bethesda deserves all the respect in the world for focusing on single player games. Them and Sony. I don't think I'll be gaming if it wasn't for killer SP.

Looks fucking amazing. I can't believe we get this and Evil Within 2 within the same two week span. Gonna be eatin well my friends.

Steejee

It's bizzarre to me that in 2017, one of the best games I've ever played is a Zelda game, I'm looking forward to a Mario game reveal, and the FPS I'm most hyped for Wolfenstein.

I feel like it's 1991/92 all over again.

Mr. Tibbs

Even though the presentation was really disjointed, the game itself and the setting look highly appealing.

For those that have a hankering for more Wolfenstein-style action, episode two of Wolfendoom released recently! Check out the trailer.
Screenshot_Doom_20170411_204713.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20170411_205302.jpg

dosh

I'm not sure I understand what critique you're referring to? TNO has been hailed as one of the best FPS of its generation and has sold more than 3,5 million units.

Sure, the game had some issues, but "too many cinematics" clearly wasn't one of them since most people loved the story and presentation.

rtcn63

The sound design of the last game left a lot to be desired- dual shotguns should not sound that anemic. Although this was a thing in Doom too (intentional design choice for nostalgia) but oh well...

Still not a fan of the weapon wheel, in both games it was cumbersome.

JaseC

Eh, quasi-reboot. Still very much a sequel.

Well, it's a reboot in the sense that it served as a new starting point, which is what I was getting at. There are narrative ties to Wolf09, sure, but they're rather loose.

I'm curious to what the season pass will contain. TNO didnt have any DLC as far as i remember. The Old Blood was a standalone game.

There's no MP as per the Steam page, so, realistically, the only thing it can contain is an expansion.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely getting Doom vibes which is great, I enjoyed the previous games so this is an easy buy.

Top Bottom