• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did they remove gender in Animal Crossing: New Horizons only in the USA localization?

SweetShark

Aren't Trigender and Bigender and Genderfluid the same thing according to this chart?

I'd call this shit retarded but I don't want to disparage retards by getting them involved with this.

I don't even now man...
At first I thought they were some few specific genders, but they are even more that it is ridiculous.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Aren't Trigender and Bigender and Genderfluid the same thing according to this chart?

I'd call this shit retarded but I don't want to disparage retards by getting them involved with this.
Yeah, that overlap of these definition is pretty stagerring, makes you think if it is anything more than "hey look, I am special"

ExpandKong

Banned
Yeah, that overlap of these definition is pretty stagerring, makes you think if it is anything more than "hey look, I am special"

It reminds me of being a kid and playing superheroes or something with other kids, how it always devolved into trying to one-up each other's powers or come up with ways that you didn't actually lose the pretend battle.

"I get my superpowers from the sun!"
"Ah, well my superpower is blocking the sun"
"Oh yeah, well I have solar batteries so fuck you!"

"I'm bigender."
"Oh, that's cool. Only bi, huh? I'm actually trigender."
"Wow you're only limited to three genders? I'm genderfluid, nobody even knows what I am."

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It reminds me of being a kid and playing superheroes or something with other kids, how it always devolved into trying to one-up each other's powers or come up with ways that you didn't actually lose the pretend battle.

"I get my superpowers from the sun!"
"Ah, well my superpower is blocking the sun"
"Oh yeah, well I have solar batteries so fuck you!"

"I'm bigender."
"Oh, that's cool. Only bi, huh? I'm actually trigender."
"Wow you're only limited to three genders? I'm genderfluid, nobody even knows what I am."
Exactly, fucking man/girlbabies.

What more laughable? People that say a word underneath a picture offends them. Or a bunch of wussies offended the words are gone.

Does anyone wanna join my group? One that doesnt give a F.

You guys are playing a game called Animal Crossing. Some animals are asexual. (Male)Lions fuck other lions(male). What pseudo-vodoo shit are you guys on? Does this game even ever use the words boy and girl?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
What more laughable? People that say a word underneath a picture offends them. Or a bunch of wussies offended the words are gone.

Does anyone wanna join my group? One that doesnt give a F.

You guys are playing a game called Animal Crossing. Some animals are asexual. (Male)Lions fuck other lions(male). What pseudo-vodoo shit are you guys on? Does this game even ever use the words boy and girl?
Animals fuck each other all the time the hell are you on about lol.

sainraja

*two gender specific names Nintendo gave the characters in Animal Crossing, which in English is only 1 word because Villager is gender neutral.

If that is true, that the word used in the other languages is gender neutral in English, then it is pretty clear why there is no such label on the American side. It has nothing to do with SJWs or being woke.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
They definitely didn't program my gender in. I'm absorgender:

Absorgender is a gender that changes to conform to the genders of those around you. As you are around more people, even if some leave, they continue to add to the genders you feel. You remain as the genders that you have taken in until you hit a max of some sort. At that point you become like a blank slate, being only one gender

It needs to shift the pronouns around depending on which characters are around me and how long ago they left my presence.

DryvBy

Just imagine having that job.

“Well, we don’t want to trigger the ResetEra types and that’s our core base for this game. We should probably remove all references to gender just to be safe.”

Or "We don't want ResetEra types burning this entire thing down with doxxing if my children and elder parents because they can't use their imagination that the male is a female."

Kenpachii

fixed

3cea0a8697dd1ac865d164944141a656.png

Casanova

Who cares? Y'all seem triggered by this, something as silly as fictional game characters not having to be identified by their genitals. Choosing to look feminine or choosing to look masculine is definitely a style, especially in America. Seeing y'all make a deal out of this is cringey.

ExpandKong

Banned
Who cares? Y'all seem triggered by this, something as silly as fictional game characters not having to be identified by their genitals. Choosing to look feminine or choosing to look masculine is definitely a style, especially in America. Seeing y'all make a deal out of this is cringey.

"Y'all seem triggered," "this is cringey," = reeera dog whistles

*literally shaking*

Top Bottom