• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you planning to get The Crew: Horizon Motorsport?

Gambit2483

Of course! I flew my favorite plane from Crew 2 during the recent beta for Motorsport. That's how I know the handling is similar. Your vehicles from Crew 2 carry over to this game.
Thanks! In that case I'll definitely pick this up for Black Friday. Way too many October games I'll be getting I need to save for.

Roxkis_ii

Man, I tried the crew a few times, but it's something about the driving physics in that game that turns me off. It's a shame because I keep hearing good things about it.

Senua

Man, I tried the crew a few times, but it's something about the driving physics in that game that turns me off. It's a shame because I keep hearing good things about it.
They aren't very good is the something, but apparently they are improved on this one.

twilo99

I really don’t understand why they decided to release this game so close to Starfield.. that game would eclipse anything in the next 5-6 months. It would take a BG3 level game to survive within that release window and Forza Motorsport is not on that level..

Am I out of touch? Are there enough Motorsport fans that it won’t matter?

nikos

It's one of my most anticipated games this year. I've recently gone back to The Crew 2 to unlock some cars, since you can import them, and because it's so fun to play.

By the way, Ivory Tower (devs of The Crew) was founded in 2007 by ex-Eden Games developers, who made Test Drive Unlimited. That came way before Forza Horizon.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Your vehicles from Crew 2 carry over to this game.
That's actually pretty cool. I'll be able to keep cruising around in my superpower DeLorean, lol.

I believe I saw PS+ gets a trial so I’ll try it and go from there.
That would be great. With a game this expensive I'd rather try it out first before buying. It's also pretty much guaranteed that the full version will end up on PS Plus, and the game will get at a significant discount before the end of the year so idk, I may even hold out for a couple of months.

Senua

I really don’t understand why they decided to release this game so close to Starfield.. that game would eclipse anything in the next 5-6 months. It would take a BG3 level game to survive within that release window and Forza Motorsport is not on that level..

Very different games, i'm sure a lot of people will be done with starfield a month later too

Drizzlehell

Banned

I'm currently grinding Starfield and I probably won't be done with it for the next few months but playing it day in - day out can get a bit tiresome. I wouldn't mind having a decent racing game to take a break from space exploration.

And I'm pretty sure that fans of racing games will be interested in this no matter what. It just targets a different demographic that either won't care about Starfield or will pick it up to play it in between other games.

drotahorror

That's actually pretty cool. I'll be able to keep cruising around in my superpower DeLorean, lol.

That would be great. With a game this expensive I'd rather try it out first before buying. It's also pretty much guaranteed that the full version will end up on PS Plus, and the game will get at a significant discount before the end of the year so idk, I may even hold out for a couple of months.

Anyone on the fence can play for free for 5 hours between Sept 14-17th.

VKXKqn8.jpg

Ovech-King

Gold Member
If anything , do the smart thing and get a month of ubisoft connect then unsubscribe and play the game for a quarter of the price 😎

Last edited:
Looks pretty good to me, but a non-starter at the $70 asking price. A Ubisoft racing game will be half price by Black Friday, that will be the time to bite.

Yes, I really loved the closed beta and was sad when it ended. However, I do wonder if this game will have enough content to keep me playing and get my money's worth out of it. I am not interesting in online gaming, only the single player stuff.

Forza Horizon has gone downhill since 3. FH1 and 2 are GOAT. Especially 1, I played that for hours upon hours. Maybe I should play it on Series X. Seems to have gotten some nice BC Enhancements.
Forza Horizon 3 is my favorite, but I have never played FH1 and FH2. What makes them so much better in your opinion?

P.S. I would get the Crew games if they were offline, but as is they are outside of my comfort zone.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Day 1. Super fun and reminded me of Rockstar Games Midnight Club in some instances (the city night instances). Game will sell a ton as long as they didn't change too many things from the Beta.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Day 1. Super fun and reminded me of Rockstar Games Midnight Club in some instances (the city night instances). Game will sell a ton as long as they didn't change too many things from the Beta.

Ngl, this looks heckin' good.

But what's with that cringe lady? She sounds like someone who tried to sound enthusiastic but couldn't give less of a shit, lol.

ahtlas7

Nah. I‘m not into racing like I used to be.
forgot this is Ubisoft game so changing my answer to: hell no.

Last edited:

Cdbaksul

Neo Member
The cool thing about The Crew 1 & 2 for me was the miniaturised USA map. I loved driving in places I've visited. Now that the map is only Oahu, even though I have vacationed there, doesn't really interest me as much as an updated, more detailed map of the whole of USA would have. So pass for me.

drotahorror

I was going to buy it day 1 but Ubisoft games always go pretty cheap fairly quickly.

I do plan on subbing to Ubisoft+ though and checking it out for a month or so. With EA's UFC 5 and WRC coming out at end of October I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the fall/winter. And if Crew MF is anything like Crew 2, the longer you can hold out the better. I barely played Crew 2 in the beginning but just recently played it a couple months ago. Ridiculous amount of content, tons of racing disciplines, insane variety. To anyone saying The Crew is a poor mans Forza Horizon, you are out of your mind. FH looks amazing and that's pretty much where it stops. The Crew 2 had meaningful progression, fun factor out the ass, and a pretty fun map with more (fun) content than FH as an entire series ever had.

From what I've played of Motorfest, they have dialed back in some ways but dialed way up in others. There is less content for sure, Crew 2 is well established and has had dozens of content updates. BUT, MF looks to have a better location, with tighter, finer details that make the world feel real instead of whatever they did with Crew 2's approach. Less is more for MF imo. Also, since Ivory Tower is composed of members from Eden Games (TDU), its great to see them go back to their roots (O'ahu).

I will say I'm not too excited about a couple of extra things they've added to make the game more forgiving. Rewinds can now be used (which I hate, yes they can be turned off but at what, an extra 1% less XP?, having no rewinds should substantially increase your winnings). Having a rewind feature in a racing game makes me believe you don't trust your track layout, that something stupid could happen that I have zero control over. It's a crutch and I hate the feeling that the race was designed around having a rewind involved. They've also added so much more destruction which imo is stupid. There should be a bit of danger involved, I'm not talking sim style damage, but just the ability to fuck up. Driveclub didn't have destruction like that and every race was exhilarating.

Definitely excited though, the cars handle very well from the beta and apparently the wheel support is very good which I didn't get a chance to try. Also, this hasn't been mentioned much, but some of the offroad racing, especially in the jungle, gives me mad Motorstorm vibes.

xrnzaaas

Not for 70€, it's probably going to drop to more reasonable levels by the end of the year. So yes eventually.

Fox Mulder

I played the hell out of Forza Horizon 5, but it is pretty deep in its lifespan and already had two expansions. They’ll probably just trickle out cars until they move on for FH6.

I’m over it and will get Motorfest for something new. Already been playing TC2 to get some cars imported.

Last edited:

Bry0

Probably on sale. I liked the crew 2 but the focus on weekly summits really sucks, and while I enjoyed the beta, it’s just not worth the $70.

Fox Mulder

Probably on sale. I liked the crew 2 but the focus on weekly summits really sucks, and while I enjoyed the beta, it’s just not worth the $70.

The weekly summit is a neat idea with unique cars as rewards. It’s like top 11,000 players on ps5 though, and to even get that you need sets of legendary upgrade parts with the right perks for each car type to even compete.

Bry0

The weekly summit is a neat idea with unique cars as rewards. It’s like top 11,000 players on ps5 though, and to even get that you need sets of legendary upgrade parts with the right perks for each car type to even compete.
Yeah it’s the type of fomo driven player retention focused design that I don’t think is very compelling. I don’t personally see it as a feature that adds value. Once I cleared out all the races in the crew 2 I was kinda done until they added a few more. Didn’t engage with summits much.

Last edited:

MacReady13

If this is anything like the Forza Horizon games in terms of shit to do within that world, i'm in. Arcade racers are my fucking jam!

Top Bottom