• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are the physics of control way better than everything else?

I’m playing control for the first time - and even the last generation version the physics and destruction are leaps and bounds ahead of almost every game sans the ones that very specifically deal with destruction and voxels and stuff - here the physics didn’t even need to be this good but they are. Why aren’t more developers incorporating this level of simulation in other games?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Aye i am about 5 hours in.. and it looks kinda copy paste so far

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Because they care more about making a realistic dynamic world than hair textures, mo-cap, quicktime events, and pretty cutscenes.

Last edited:

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Why aren’t more developers incorporating this level of simulation in other games?
Well we've just begun another gen, so I assume developers will make use of the faster hardware to incorporate more accurate physics in their games

Last gen consoles had very weak APUs, just check Just Cause 3 performance's tank when there's a lot of destruction going on.

Also, there are games in which making it too dependent on physics can cause hard to solve bugs to appear. In Zelda BoTW's GDC video they explain they use physics but in a controlled way, so things don't get out of hand.

Top Bottom