• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

why are the graphics so bad on Immortals Fenyx Rising?

In 10 years Fenyx Rising will look better than Valhalla due to art style and 60 fps.

I've seen this cycle a thousand times... The games praised for realistic high end graphics always end up being the ugly games in time, while underappreciated games with good art style hold up.

Beechos

Aesthetics and art style aside. Creating a game thats highly detailed and realistic looking takes alot of time and money. Just drawing it on a piece of paper which character you think will take longer to draw? The developer also needs to determine what hardware to run it on, theres a reason modern ass creed is not on switch. Lastly performance targets. Everyone wants 4k/60/120 how else are developsers supposed to reach it? You cant make a game that looks like the matrix demo and expect it to run 4k/60 let alone 120fps.

ZehDon

Gold Member
I’m playing it on Game Pass at the moment, and I actually really like it’s stylised visuals. They’re clean, readable, and convey a playful tone that accents the story, as opposed to yet another “realism” game with a boring wanna-be movie tone.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I’m playing it on Game Pass at the moment, and I actually really like it’s stylised visuals. They’re clean, readable, and convey a playful tone that accents the story, as opposed to yet another “realism” game with a boring wanna-be movie tone.
Stylized graphics = Bad.
Just look at Guilty Gear Strive.....utter trash graphics, you cant even see the pores or peach fuzz on the characters faces.
guilty-gear-strive-ramlethal-valentine.gif

If a publisher released a game that has semi-realistic graphics once, then all its games should have that artstyle going forward.
Because, you know a publisher can only have one artstyle.

Rudius

I think it looks nice. The characters are a bit ugly, but the environments are good. Besides, it uses the dualsense well for the bow and arrow.

Denton

I started playing it today and the

- starting night looks ugly
- starting island looks ugly
- camera is too far from character which sucks ass, even with lowest FOV setting

But I am sure other locations will look better.

Just look at Guilty Gear Strive.....utter trash graphics, you cant even see the pores or peach fuzz on the characters faces.

I know you are sarcastic, but I gotta say, the way in these japanese games characters lack any distinctive features on their faces is just so offputting to me. I definitely vastly prefer detailed more realistic style of, say, Witcher 3 over the anime stuff of Xenoblade or whatever.

Just to illustrate, yeah I think I will always prefer

a94ffabd4205239d00f9afd5c8646e90.png

over

E1F6E63C97696A6A02FDAD37CE0F882B8B7275FC

Last edited:

xiseerht

It might be your TV , I thought the game looked great on the Series X on an OLED. I have seen games with bad graphics and this game was not on that list at all.

Moochi

I played it on Game Pass pc yesterday. Even with all settings cranked to max, there's just no detail to the characters or the world. Like the guy above me said, the camera is too far away from the character.

The world looks like Jak and Daxter upscaled.

Valhalla looks like trash too, but in a different way. The animations suck, and the proportions of the characters are weird. They all look like they came out of a Bethesda character creation engine. They look generic.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

- camera is too far from character which sucks ass, even with lowest FOV setting

I know you are sarcastic, but I gotta say, the way in these japanese games characters lack any distinctive features on their faces is just so offputting to me. I definitely vastly prefer detailed more realistic style of, say, Witcher 3 over the anime stuff of Xenoblade or whatever.

over

nobody likes that fucking weeb trash m8

GHG

Don't be silly, Demon's Souls was out as a PS5 launch title. :)

He attempted a dig and failed miserably. Tune in for next time.

----

OP, I thought Fenyx Rising looked more than good enough for what it's attempting to do on PC. Don't know what's wrong with it on your setup.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

over

once you get onto the main island I thought it looked loads better. not the best looking game but no means a bad looking game either

Denton

once you get onto the main island I thought it looked loads better. not the best looking game but no means a bad looking game either
Yeah that's what I expect based on screens I saw

No idea why they had to make first impressions so poor, the first island and chosen time of day looks real poor

Top Bottom