• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Square Enix Team would you like to see working on FFXVII?

FeralEcho

It will be CBU3 again, CBU1 is full as hell and CBU2 is mostly focused on Enix franchises.
That said, isn't SE restructuring their development division?

Those are very standard department names.
I've only heard it on Square.

Fabieter

I dont think there best bet is outsourcing and do the creative work in house.

Let level 5 or falcom Co-develop it.

Hudo

The Gooch, Amano, Uematsu and me, ill work for free
Yeah, that would be cool to have Amano and the Gooch together with Matsuno and Ito doing a new mainline FF. I would've included Uematsu as well but he recently said that he doesn't want to do a full OST for a game anymore.

Alternatively:

Mainline FF directed by Yoko Taro.

Fbh

Honestly I'd love to see what Asano and his team could do with a higher budget.
If they can combine fun classic gameplay like Octopath Traveler, with a more interesting story like Triangle Strategy and some higher production values I think they could make something really good.

Of the bigger teams I wouldn't mind the FF7 remake one getting to work on XVII once they are done with part 3 of the 7 Remake project.

Please just let Yoshi P focus on the MMO. I bought into the hype about him leading up to XVI, but now I know better.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Platinum and Yoko Taro now that I'm in the middle of Automata.

I like FFVII but the combat system just comes off as sloppy to me, the stagger system needs a complete overhaul. XIII is still peak stagger.

FFXVI (for me) is legit one of the worst games I've ever played so I'd prefer if that team has nothing to do with XVII.

Apologies to the fans here, not trying to be inflammatory.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Unless they are moving on to FFVIII Remake after VII Remake Trilogy then I rather wait for that team, we need a mainline game like VII Remake again.
CBU3 I have another project for them.
iVH0tCv.jpg

Muffdraul

Per my tastes, FF peaked with VI, VII, and VIII. I'd love a new FF where Kitase is the ultimate authority and sees to it that the team delivers a modern version of what they did with FF 1994-1999. Rebirth is a good start. Now make a new game from scratch like that model.

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'd prefer Unit II since they would have tons of towns and interesting characters if they didn't have to make the game super graphically realistic.

Dazraell

I think CBU3 should have another shot at the next mainline game, but I do hope they will take some notes from feedback they received for FFXVI and improve certain aspects of this game that could be more refined (more interesting side quests, better pacing, more open environments to explore, etc). I also hope that this hypothetical game would feel more like a proper RPG as I feel XVI's gameplay was too simplified

Top Bottom