• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Grand Theft Auto has the best Single Player/Story Mode?

-

• Grand Theft Auto

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Grand Theft Auto 2

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Grand Theft Auto 3

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories

• Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Votes: 83 26.8%
  • Grand Theft Auto 4

Votes: 63 20.3%
  • Grand Theft Auto 5

Votes: 54 17.4%
  • Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars

• Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Votes: 91 29.4%

• Total voters

Termite

I know, but their relationship fucking sucked. How it developed sucked. It was rushed and artificial.

Never felt like Franklin bonded with anyone, including Michael, but especially Trevor. He worked with Trevor, but never trusted him. Same for Trevor about Franklin.

Michael and Trevor spent 90% of the game fighting. At the end, they suddenly reconnect.

Franklin was the worst: never felt like he had bonds with Trevor or Michael, had no interesting motivation, always an expectator ...

HIM, of all characters, getting to choose who lives or dies in the end is laughable
You know what, if I *was* going to criticize GTA V's story, this is probably exactly what I'd say, so... no argument here. Franklin was definitely the weak link.

The C ending was disappointing to me and didn't make thematic sense, which is probably what you're getting act. The last act / ending as a whole was weak.

Grand Theft Auto 3. Once you progress through the storyline you'll unlock sections of the map.
This was also in San Andreas, going out of bounds immediately gave you 4 cop icons and they wouldn't drop unless you went back into a approved district.

But if you were good you could get pretty far before you were caught or killed. I think there was an in game explanation for it too but I don't remember.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I actually think 3 is the best because of how it's paced. Nearly every other game overstays it's welcome and has that moment where the story slows down a bit too much 3/5 into the game. 3 had a moment where it could have done that, but didn't, and instead roller-coastered you to the end.

stn

Out of the ones I've beaten so far, probably IV. I still need to finally beat San Andreas though, still working on it VERY slowly.

xrnzaaas

Vice City by far, best city in the series and the 80s theme has been done extremely weel, cool characters, lots of good humour. I don't even mind the helicopter mission.

Top Bottom