• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game has better graphics: Hellblade 2 or Death Stranding 2?

Which game has better graphics?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bergoglio

In game, gameplay: Hellblade 2
Cutscene: DS2

To me, Hellblade 2 is the best looking game I've ever seen. The lighting, shading, the textures, the animations, everything is just amazing. It represents the highest point reached to date in the linear story driven genre.

It's important to understand that these are very different games with very different goals. H2 is a tightly focused curated linear narrative experience. The visuals are incredibly polished but they also completely control the small set of areas you can enter and the camera angles you have access to.

DS2 has unparalled cinematics but in game the result is different. It’s huge sprawling open world game. You can explore massive areas and find all kinds of angles to look at the world. It's not curated the way H2 is.

midnightAI

Different games, different focus, different genres, different scale, different engines, different platforms..... still, DS2, quite comfortably in my opinion (the four things about HellBlade 2 that stood out to you lighting, shading, textures and animations are all better in DS2, but again, just my opinion)

Last edited:

nicktwilight

Neo Member
I would be okay with the thought that Hellblade is a good looking game but only if we had seen more of the game.What really makes you think that about the end result?Some cgi trailers or some super curated gameplay scenes that last barely some seconds long at best or the promises of the developers that just want to sell their game;
Comparing that to a game coming from a creator with a proven excellence in visuals and cinematography,made in one of the best in house engines and with the previous game looking as good as it did is really non sense to me.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I mean one game is linear hallways where it zooms into the face of the character so they can shout and the other is an open ended semi open world game with gameplay and ai and dynamic times of day and weather etc etc...

Point being that the more of a an actual game you make the more the visuals are going to take a hit.

I think bloopers silent Hill 2 presentation is a perfect example. First trailer looked like it was pushing tech, next trailer which was an actual game ended up being pretty middling looking (although I don't know what people expected from blooper)

Last edited:
If DS is any indication, gameplay will look very mid. Cut scenes will be incredible though.

Should wait until these games are out and playable to bother with this stuff.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m not tech geek to say from tech perspective but DS2 is waaaaaay more creative when comes character and costume designs….some this stuff in DS2 is crazy…..Thats Kojima for you, his not afraid to go completely crazy and weird.

even getting real hollowed actors in to his game I never tries to “grounded”.

Last edited:

daclynk

I think its quite obvious that the OP is talking about what we have seen 'so far', which is the better looking game. You dont need the games to actually be released to answer the question.
Different games,different genres. i also think DS2 will come to Xbox like DS1 did. I also think HB2 may come to PS5

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

Different games, with totally different atmosphere and art direction, with different scope and both looking great visually. I think it's just incomparable.

But for me, neither of them were the stars of each event. This time, I was more interested in Stellar Blade and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Embearded

I think they focus on different things.
For example, i would say Hellblade 2 has more detailed protagonist face (?)
But in general, DS2 seems more pretty nd detailed.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
50+ pages here we go !

Bill-Hader-Eating-Popcorn-Smiling-SNL.gif

Mr Moose

I would have to wait until they release to say for sure but at the moment it's probably Death Stranding 2.
Hellblade has some really nice DoF which a lot of games seem to fuck up with. Wait is this UE5 v Decima?

Pelta88

There’s rumblings that Ninja Theory want HB2 on PS. Which if true, the graphical fidelity has far less importance.

midnightAI

I don't think any engine will be able to top nanite and lumen results, but graphics are also other things so it can be debated.
Why not? Why does everyone put UE5 on some pedestal that they think other engine creators cannot reach? Especially when everyone knows how they are doing nanite and lumen.

And i'd argue Decima is beating it on results if DS2 is anything to go off

Last edited:
Top Bottom