• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in Affleck's Batman films?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

Also, I really want a film where the main villain isn't one of the big ones. Make it like...the Mad Hatter, or Hugo Strange, or Hush.

Azrael would be cool as shit though, I'd love to see that as a movie plot.

Honestly? Something out of Grant Morrison's run. A triolgy about the Black Glove that ends with a Batman Incorporated film would be great, it could even lead to the same kind of thing Batman did when he initially founded the Outsiders: "I'm out of the League and forming my own team, my own Bat-team!"

I just want to see Gaucho.

This.

I'm bored with the same villains. Show me something else outside joker, two face, ridler, Catwoman, penguin. There's an entire legion of rogues out there. Use it!

You guys are gonna get an live action R-rated adaption of The Killing Joke with Leto Joker and you're gonna like it!

Stanng243

A new Batman. I like the Batman movies, but I don't like him as an actor. I 'm not sure I'll watch any of these movies, because he's Batman.

Hystzen

Dick

More Killer Croc

Clay face could be a great villain in a film

Damien fucking Wayne- easy to tell with how DC is setting up its universe.

Robin

give me Robin in a good live action Batmovie

please

batman-vs-superman.jpg

One of the Robin's is clearly already dead in the Ben Affleck Batverse. But there could be another one.

Kain

New villains for the Batwing's sake:

Clay face

Killer croc

Solomon Grundy (a favorite of mine)

Deathstroke. Why hasn't Deathstroke been in any movie yet????

Red Hood could make a very good movie.

Or just and Arkham Asylum kind of movie where you see a day in the life of the Bat. No grand plan threatening the whole city, no world level villain, no bullshit, just fully established Batman on his day to day kicking faces and downing fools. Kind of like Dredd. God that movie was beautiful.

- Complete Batfamily:

Dick, Jason, Tim, Babs, Steph, Cassie, Damian, even Batwing, Huntress, Bluebird, etc.

- More recent, non-Joker story lines. DKR adapted No Man's Land. Great. More like that.

- A more introspective look at the character, beyond just the trauma of losing his parents, savior complex and the Batman-Joker dichotomy.

- More detective work. It can be exciting and engaging, no matter what execs fear or focus groups might say.

He seems rather comfortable in it. White square-jawed action hero-types get chewed up and spat out with a frequency that should rightly worry any such actor.
THIS, please.

Apt101

A retelling of Under the Red Hood sounds good to me. Man, Wynick's story has already gotten so much mileage for DC - would love to see it in live action.

Plus seeing who they'd cast as Jason Todd would be a lot of fun. Seeing Jason Todd in live action would be a lot of fun.

oni_saru

The Red Hood live action thirst is real!!

I didn't say Hush because i thought i would be laughed out of the thread. It's good to see others had mentioned it!

WedgeX

Banned
I want to see a Gotham where GCPD tries to fight with Jim Gordon at the helm, where the regular underworld was gutted by Bats but replaced by Penguin and Blackmask types, and something of a Bat family (perhaps estranged).

What I would love to see is a real Batman detective movie, where he's solving a crime with actual detective work and lots of the Arkham games style of action and fighting.

Bleepey

I thought I was the only one asking for more detective stuff in the Batman films. It's surprising that it has barely played a role in the film's despite him being the World's greatest detective.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've said it before: I think you could actually combine the Red Hood and Court of Owls stories with a little tweaking.

Follow the animated movie adaptation but instead of Ras reviving Jason, make it the Court as part of their Talon program.

After that you could do the best bits of both stories with only minor changes.

Alienous

I thought Batman Eternal was another good Snyder storyline (although he co-wrote it). I thought the mystery in that worked well and I really digged how it all came together. That said, given the amount of villains it uses, it would probably make for a better Arkham game than a movie.

But yeah, I definitely want something where Batman is facing an undefined threat and spending a good amount of the movie getting wrecked. Court of Owls fits that bill, but even something original with that core premise could be good.

Something really dark and moody. More akin to se7en stylistically than anything else.

Dude worked with Fincher on his last movie man id kill for him to ask the guy to direct

Also since there's so much backstory already I kind of want it laid out through quick visual cues rather than exposition. Like implied history

And Casey Affleck as red hood

Assuming there are 3 movies focusing on Batman

Movie 1 - Set 8 to 10 years before BvS, Deathstroke, Hugo Strange and clayface as villains (joker exists already and has encountered batman but is in the Asylum during these events)

Movie 2 - Set 3 to 5 before BvS, Mr Freeze and Bane main villains
(Talia exists and has been the on and off main love interest for batman)

Movie 3 - Set sometime after BvS and before Justice League, the killing joke story arc ensues towards the end (with the Joker as the main villain throughout and sprinkle in some Zsasz and two face.

please!!

They've leaned on Red Hood way too much recently.

So it'll probably be that.

And guys, Affleck has been WB's golden boy for a while. He's there to star and direct per usual now.

duckroll

I want to see Bruce Wayne as something other than a human disguise Batman uses to deal with his psyche issues. Nolan had a very specific take on Bruce Wayne which worked for his films, but I want to see other interpretations. I want to see a Bruce Wayne who is strong and confident in being both Batman and Bruce Wayne, who knows that there are things he can do as Bruce Wayne - a man with money and influence, that could give him access in ways being Batman cannot. Bruce Wayne the detective can be every bit as compelling as Batman the detective, plus we get to see Affleck without a mask which is a plus.

RagingPhoenix

Neo Member
My two biggest wishes were Bats having a fighting style where he absolutely decimates his opponents and doing shit load of detective work.

With the first one in the bag now, I'd so love for the second one to be in a court of owls adaptation. God I'd probably feint if they announce it.

Oh & if they were going down the Damian Wayne route, I want Stana as Talia
Never going to happen, yeah :(

jax

Banned
A little humor. Batman TAS wasn't devoid of humor and it's the best representation of the franchise.

Also Terry McGuiness

Bleepey

I want to see Bruce Wayne as something other than a human disguise Batman uses to deal with his psyche issues. Nolan had a very specific take on Bruce Wayne which worked for his films, but I want to see other interpretations. I want to see a Bruce Wayne who is strong and confident in being both Batman and Bruce Wayne, who knows that there are things he can do as Bruce Wayne - a man with money and influence, that could give him access in ways being Batman cannot. Bruce Wayne the detective can be every bit as compelling as Batman the detective, plus we get to see Affleck without a mask which is a plus.

I have always thought Bruce Wayne as a character is relatively unimportant compared to his alter ego. I'd go as far as to say Bruce Wayne is Batman's alter ego rather than vice versa. I can't think of a comic story where Bruce Wayne takes centre stage though i could be wrong. Compare this to Daredevil where you have stories like Daredevil Redemption where DD barely appears. I have got to give Chris Nolan credit for that.

The best Robin, Tim Drake, and some focus on the Bat Family. I'd love to see Nightwing, Red Hood, and Babs in the cinematic universe.

Hush would also be something I'd love to see adapted to film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom