• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would you like to see in Affleck's Batman films?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming down the pipeline for Batffleck:

Batman v Superman
Suicide Squad
Justice League Part One
Battfleck 1: Rumored to be a retelling of "Under the Red Hood"

On the assumption that we get the Red Hood story (and the signs all seem to be pointing that it's going to happen) by the time we get to Batfleck 2 we'll have:

Batman
Dick Grayson as Nightwing
Jason Todd as the Red Hood
The Joker
Harley Quinn
The rest of the Suicide Squad
and Oracle, according to rumors of Jena Malone's cameo in BvS

So what would you like to see Batffleck do on the big screen? I think the days of one villain per movie are long gone. Go big or go home – I want an Arkham Asylum style film that features multiple villains taking on Batman in their own ways. I hate waiting years between films and reboots just to see a villain come to life on the big screen.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Batman to hang dong. Although sometimes he is written to be a bit sexually repressed, so maybe not.

Honestly, I'll just be happy to have someone other than Snyder mess around with these versions of the characters.

RangerX

Banned
A lot more detective work than in previous films. I don't even need that much action just Batman figuring out complex villains and trying to stay a step ahead.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I really don't want to see a Red Hood storyline. Arkham Knight was enough of that shit.

I want to see Morrison's Black Glove arc adapted, culminating in a two partner BATMAN R.I.P.

Sephzilla

What would I like to see? You know that scene in the BvS trailer were Batman obliterates some thugs? That, for two hours.

Solo

I don`t know if I want it from Affleck, but I would some day love to see a live action take on The Dark Knight Returns. I love the animated movies.

Creating Gotham is most important. It needs to be a unique lived-in space where characters can realistically interact. The Shoemaker flicks had a very unique environment, and something like that needs to be built up.

After that is done, the plots of these flicks cant just be villain of the week affairs. Other heroes can literally be there in seconds. For that reason, these stories need to be personal ones where outside help would actually worsen the situation, not out of Bruce's pride, but rather due to their sensitive natures especially when detective work is required. Red Hood is a great example, sure Superman could halt his crusade instantly but that would do more harm psychologically than good. The other fan-favorite villains can come into those plots organically.

So yeah, do Red Hood. From that point I don't know if doing the League of Assassins again is worth it. Those characters are definitly important, especially if you want Damian Wayne at some point. But the Red Hood plot can be pretty seamlessly interwoven with the Court of Owls. I envision an entire Court of Owls trilogy, basically, with the Red Hood movie first teasing it.

Alienous

Red Hood would be a good story to see, but seeing as Marvel beat them to the screen with Winter Soldier I wouldn't mind seeing Court of Owls. It'd be good see see Batman out of his depth - perhaps after resurging in BvS and not realizing Gotham's under new management.

Either Affleck directing or co-directing.

A greater look at Batman's Rogue's Gallery. They need to lean into the more supernatural and superpowered. Mad Hatter, Clayface, Poison Ivy, etc.

Sapiens

A semi normal relationship with a woman. I'm over the whole concept of batman not being able to figure that shit out.

more of batman building shit
And get Chivo to do the Cinematography
ahh4.png
ahh4.png
ahh4.png

Ophelion

I really don't want to see a Red Hood storyline. Arkham Knight was enough of that shit.

I want to see Morrison's Black Glove arc adapted, culminating in a two partner BATMAN R.I.P.

Black Glove is pretty fucking nutty for the tone established in these films so far.

Not that I'm ever sad to see more Morrison adaptations...

Speaking of which, I will piss off a lot of longtime fans and say that if they do add robin to this setting, I'd prefer Damian over all the alternatives. Especially if that means a flashback to Batfleck getting into a bare-chested swordfight with Ras Al Ghul. Because that is the greatest and I refuse to let freaking Arrow have the best live action version of that scene.

I'd like to see the Metahumans in Batman's rogues gallery get a fair shake since this Batman can obviously fight them. I don't even need them as a main villain. Just a cold open of Batman savaging Clayface or something would be great.

If they want to go really dark, I feel like there's probably a loose adaptation of The Black Mirror which could make a pitch black Batfleck movie.

Some emphasis on the Bat-Family. Not, 100% of the time, but I'd like to see appearances by Nightwing, Tim Drake Robin, Oracle, maybe Damien, etc.

Recent stories used as starting points. More Under The Red Hood, Court of Owls than The Long Halloween.

Something tonally similar to the Arkham games. I love Nolan's films, and the semi-realistic take on the character. However, for a new take, I'd love to see something that fits in more with where the comics are right now, something that marries the style of Burton with the drama of Nolan. The Arkham games are a good reference for this.

Luckily, it seems that at least some of this is where they're heading from the rumors and speculation.

atr0cious

Red Hood, then Killing Joke, but have Batman quit after killing the Joker. Then start up the Batman Beyond franchise so I can see the Royal Flush gang the way they were meant to be seen.

Start with Red Hood, Jensen Ackles as Red Hood. Rated-R, show the scene in full. You know the scene. Also have the beginning of the movie start with Red Hood straight up murdering a major Batman villain. Joker & Harley in the movie.

Batman 2 - Court of Owls. Batman, Robin 3 & Nightwing. Lots of focus on the BatFam.

Batman 3 - Close it off with Joker & another major villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom