• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your "wow" moment or what caught you by surprise from the PlayStation showcase?

Javthusiast

Banned
To be totally honest just Eve and Wolverine. Eve cause gameplay looks great and waifu hot and Wolverine, cause new insomniac marvel joint.

I know what to expect from Spider-Man 2 and GoW looks identical to 1. Both will be great of course but aren't wowing me right now. Rest was meh.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

In all honesty the single absolutely most interesting thing that caught me off guard was The Wolverine announcement.

Insomniac have really put Playstation on their back. Amazing fucking output. I don't think Sony could have made a better acquisition.
Agree, Wolverine. And the Knights announcement. So two of the things not actually shown. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I think everything else looked fine. Really good visuals on a few titles. Plenty of variety and content for the PS base. I don't think I'll buy a single game shown today (MAYBE God of War if I want to check out the flavor of the day when it releases, but I couldn't even get through the first one) but I only play a couple games a year anyhow so I'm more than good.

Last edited:

3liteDragon

Definitely Wolverine by Insomniac, I think it's safe to say these guys are the best acquisition Sony's made so far. AND they're making Spider-Man 2 (2023) at the same time (both are PS5 exclusives too btw & it hopefully stays that way), what the fuck these guys are on is beyond me. Game better be rated M, I want them to go all out on the gore for Wolverine.

SM2 was kinda unexpected in the way that I thought weren't getting SM2 because they were making a Wolverine game and then the next thing you know, they announce a Spider-Man sequel after that. Their output's gonna be insane this gen & at this rate, they're gonna become Sony's flagship studio in the near-future.

Last edited:

CheeseCake

GOW Ragnarok & Wolverine

Movie Reaction GIF

KotOR Remake (PS5 Exclusive...?!), Wolverine, Venom in Spiderman 2, and Project Eve. I knew God of War and GT7 would be there, and they looked fantastic. What a banger of a show! Missed MGS and Bloodborne though..

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Definitely Wolverine by Insomniac, I think it's safe to say these guys are the best acquisition Sony's made so far. AND they're making Spider-Man 2 (2023) at the same time (both are PS5 exclusives too btw & it hopefully stays that way), what the fuck these guys are on is beyond me. Game better be rated M, I want them to go all out on the gore for Wolverine.

Think it will be more pg 13 The Wolverine and way less rated R, dismemberment everywhere, Logan.

Definitely Wolverine

I said months ago if Sony were to go for another marvel game i'd want it to be wolverine as i don't care for any other marvel characters. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

14 internal studios. We know they've partnered with 3 external studios, and there's probably more behind the scenes, yet insomniac were the corner stone of announcements last year, and again for this year.

Baffles me

Last edited:

Concern

It seems pretty unanimous that its Wolverine for most people lol. Its crazy that the one with no gameplay is what has everyone excited .

I really think Sony should start taking feedback from their fans. They hyped this show up way too much and most of us did not get anything we wanted/expected like Factions 2 for example.

EDMIX

GOW Ragnarok & Wolverine

Movie Reaction GIF

The craziest thing about this whole event, is not only Wolverine, after seeing that trailer you'd think all their resources are on that game, then we get that Spiderman 2 trailer lol

Concern Concern " They hyped this show up way too much " LOL Just stop man, by doing what exactly? They announced they will have a press event and thats it. Everyone else was out here talking about MGS, SIlent Hill, Kingdom Hearts 4, Socom remake lol Stop making it sound like SONY MADE someone believe such titles were coming or something or made more of this event then it was.

I don't see anything in how they announced this, showed the press event that is any different from their past showings.

MOST of us? The fuck? You telling me the BEST selling PS4 titles getting sequels is not what "most of us" wanted? Those numbers show otherwise man, its really fucking hard to believe God Of War 2 footage, Spiderman 2 announced, Wolverine, Kotor remake and many more are not what "most of us" wanted.

At this point, I think people are asking for fanboy wishes, they are begging for Xenosaga remake and THAT is what "mOsT oF uS wanTeD doE" lol Nah man, by the numbers this event makes sense and its hard to argue against the heavy hitters shown as if they don't move units.

foh

Last edited:

yurinka

Wolverine. He's my favorite Marvel character by far and seeing their Spider-Man, I think Insomniac will do an amazing job. It's the best hing Marvel (and Sony) could do with Wolverine and X-Men.

I assume they'll make a trilogy of Wolverine games ending on an X-Men (which also could have sequels), that would be awesome. And between them some shorter Morales-like spinoffs. One could be about Weapon-X / Team-X, other one could be about X23.

I see a lot of potential here. The game had other amazing looking games like GoW or Spider-Man 2, but they were exactly what I expected to be: awesome sequels with the stuff I wanted and expected to have. So they were also awesome but they weren't a surprise for me, I was pretty sure they were going to be there looking like that.

Last edited:
The craziest thing about this whole event, is not only Wolverine, after seeing that trailer you'd think all their resources are on that game, then we get that Spiderman 2 trailer lol

Concern Concern " They hyped this show up way too much " LOL Just stop man, by doing what exactly? They announced they will have a press event and thats it. Everyone else was out here talking about MGS, SIlent Hill, Kingdom Hearts 4, Socom remake lol Stop making it sound like SONY MADE someone believe such titles were coming or something or made more of this event then it was.

I don't see anything in how they announced this, showed the press event that is any different from their past showings.

MOST of us? The fuck? You telling me the BEST selling PS4 titles getting sequels is not what "most of us" wanted? Those numbers show otherwise man, its really fucking hard to believe God Of War 2 footage, Spiderman 2 announced, Wolverine, Kotor remake and many more are not what "most of us" wanted.

At this point, I think people are asking for fanboy wishes, they are begging for Xenosaga remake and THAT is what "mOsT oF uS wanTeD doE" lol Nah man, by the numbers this event makes sense and its hard to argue against the heavy hitters shown as if they don't move units.

foh
Those games are just iterations, they offer nothing new by the looks of it and that's because they were developed for PS4. God of War looked exactly like GoD 2018. Spiderman looked the same too.

EDMIX

God of War. It looks excellent. Gotta play through the first again. I dont expect much from Wolverine. I would bet my bottom dollar that the combat in the last Wolverine game made by Raven will be better.

How great that game was shocked the shit out of me lol

Puzzles, exploration, the lore, the solid gameplay, the great story, the set pieces etc. I bought it day 1 expecting yet another God Of War and holy shit, what I got might as well be a brand new IP as not only is the reboot much more epic and grand, the gameplay is even more solid and brutal. So the trailer for the sequel has me even more hype as I have a better understanding of what to expect.

They out Zeldaed, Zelda on this one with the puzzles and exploration with MEANING. I expected BoTW to give me that OoT feeling and they just gave us some fucking seeds and got rid of dungeons, I never fucking expected the deep puzzles, bosses and different weapons and dense world map from God Of War. (well maybe the weapons lol)

Y Yselacrey00 Doesn't matter, they are sequels to massive titles. "offer nothing new" nah bud, you seen very little of those titles to say "nothing new". Developed for PS4 is irrelevant to any of this, God Of War is still God Of War. Day 1 for me and many fans on PS5.

I loved the first title and I don't see why it being made on PS4 would make me not want to play a new entry, by that fucking logic, I should have hated God Of War 2018 lol I have zero issue with those titles existing on PS4, those teams did a great fucking job on those titles the first time, I have no doubt they'll do a great job again with those sequels.

I have no clue how you'd say Spiderman 2 looked the same, you saw a few seconds bud lol

Last edited:

Concern

foh

Hulst, Barlog, and other people tweeting like we were getting something out of this world. Its ok to criticize the things you didn't like 🤣🤣

Gow2 and Spider-Man 2 are obvious games. But continue bitching and moaning lol its amusing. Kotor, UC collection... more remakes ? Lol

Concern

Wolverine. He's my favorite Marvel character by far and seeing their Spider-Man, I think Insomniac will do an amazing job. It's the best hing Marvel (and Sony) could do with Wolverine and X-Men.

I assume they'll make a trilogy of Wolverine games ending on an X-Men (which also could have sequels), that would be awesome. And between them some shorter Morales-like spinoffs. One could be about Weapon-X / Team-X, other one could be about X23.

I see a lot of potential here. The game had other amazing looking games like GoW or Spider-Man 2, but they were exactly what I expected to be: awesome sequels with the stuff I wanted and expected to have. So they were also awesome but they weren't a surprise for me, I was pretty sure they were going to be there looking like that.

Same. Honestly I wouldn't mind if Spider-Man 2 was delayed so they could focus more on Wolverine lol. Im fuckin stoked for that game. I don't understand how its taken so long for someone to make one thats not a movie tie in.

EDMIX

Hulst, Barlog, and other people tweeting like we were getting something out of this world. Its ok to criticize the things you didn't like 🤣🤣

Gow2 and Spider-Man 2 are obvious games. But continue bitching and moaning lol its amusing. Kotor, UC collection... more remakes ? Lol

Their job to market the brand, games etc. They do the same with state of plays bud.

Don't market the brand? Say nothing? foh

Only only bitching is you bud, you this fucking pissed at KOTOR remake being published by Sony and Wolverine, and Spiderman 2?

Stay mad I guess, you fucking triggered over this lol

I mean, you really out here fucking trying to act like the best selling PS4 game getting a sequel should not be talked about, or hyped as if you know of a bigger PS4 title getting a sequel that should have been announced, nothing was going to make you happy bud, you had a plan to cry about anything announced lol

Be like "its JUST Half Life 3" "Oh come on, we know GTA VI was coming" lol

Added to that ignore man, you can't really fucking be serious about getting mad that the biggest selling titles for PS are getting sequels and act that NO ONE wanted such a thing, despite the fucking numbers show so, but hey Weeboo game number 1342455 that no one ever heard of was REALLY what "most of us" wanted?

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre =)

Last edited:

yurinka

Same. Honestly I wouldn't mind if Spider-Man 2 was delayed so they could focus more on Wolverine lol. Im fuckin stoked for that game. I don't understand how its taken so long for someone to make one thats not a movie tie in.
Consider that the team making Spider-Man 2 is the one who made Spider-Man 1. And the team making Wolverine is the one who made Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Seems they have at least a 3rd team, the one hwo made Ratchet, who I assume after Ratched they will do some PSVR2 compatible stuff.

Concern

Their job to market the brand, games etc. They do the same with state of plays bud.

Don't market the brand? Say nothing? foh

Only only bitching is you bud, you this fucking pissed at KOTOR remake being published by Sony and Wolverine, and Spiderman 2?

Stay mad I guess, you fucking triggered over this lol

I mean, you really out here fucking trying to act like the best selling PS4 game getting a sequel should not be talked about, or hyped as if you know of a bigger PS4 title getting a sequel that should have been announced, nothing was going to make you happy bud, you had a plan to cry about anything announced lol

Be like "its JUST Half Life 3" "Oh come on, we know GTA VI was coming" lol

Added to that ignore man, you can't really fucking be serious about getting mad that the biggest selling titles for PS are getting sequels and act that NO ONE wanted such a thing, despite the fucking numbers show so, but hey Weeboo game number 1342455 that no one ever heard of was REALLY what "most of us" wanted?

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre =)

You're the one writing full blown essays because I criticized your "beloved" Playstation lol. Can't even bother to read the wall of whining. You're really boasting about remakes but would probably bitch about them if they weren't by Sony. Continue your tantrum princess, not going to entertain it anymore, night night 😉

Concern

Consider that the team making Spider-Man 2 is the one who made Spider-Man 1. And the team making Wolverine is the one who made Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Seems they have at least a 3rd team, the one hwo made Ratchet, who I assume after Ratched they will do some PSVR2 compatible stuff.

Im not sure how many they have but I really hope to see more soon and hopefully its not too far off. Insomniac are the perfect fit for this game after seeing how they knocked it out of the park with Spiderman.

Was honestly hoping to get convinced to buy a PS5 but that didnt happen, didnt help that Uncharted is coming to PC along with the KOTOR remake. That said God of War looked amazing but i'm going to just wait for the mid gen console refresh if this is it.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
How great that game was shocked the shit out of me lol

Puzzles, exploration, the lore, the solid gameplay, the great story, the set pieces etc. I bought it day 1 expecting yet another God Of War and holy shit, what I got might as well be a brand new IP as not only is the reboot much more epic and grand, the gameplay is even more solid and brutal. So the trailer for the sequel has me even more hype as I have a better understanding of what to expect.

They out Zeldaed, Zelda on this one with the puzzles and exploration with MEANING. I expected BoTW to give me that OoT feeling and they just gave us some fucking seeds and got rid of dungeons, I never fucking expected the deep puzzles, bosses and different weapons and dense world map from God Of War. (well maybe the weapons lol)

Y Yselacrey00 Doesn't matter, they are sequels to massive titles. "offer nothing new" nah bud, you seen very little of those titles to say "nothing new". Developed for PS4 is irrelevant to any of this, God Of War is still God Of War. Day 1 for me and many fans on PS5.

I loved the first title and I don't see why it being made on PS4 would make me not want to play a new entry, by that fucking logic, I should have hated God Of War 2018 lol I have zero issue with those titles existing on PS4, those teams did a great fucking job on those titles the first time, I have no doubt they'll do a great job again with those sequels.

I have no clue how you'd say Spiderman 2 looked the same, you saw a few seconds bud lol

If only that Wolverine wasn't bogged down by the forced movie tie in stuff. You can tell Raven was forced to add that stuff in. Raven deserved to make a sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom