• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your "wow" moment or what caught you by surprise from the PlayStation showcase?

How shit GTA V looked. That wowed me, and it's delayed

All that money, and that? Thats deffo the 'working from home' update :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This is going to sound a little sad.

But what impressed me the most was the character switching.

But seriously that shouldn't be the most impressive thing about the trailer.

Wow are you serious? Cross gen in 2023. I might sell PS5. What's the point? I still have my PS4 Pro

I only saw the tweet from Insomniac where they said it's a PS5 exclusive. I'm wondering if it's been confirmed somewhere else that it's cross gen.

Edit: That's why I was asking you Y Yselacrey00 because maybe you saw it was Crossgen somewhere else.

Last edited:

saintjules

Wow are you serious? Cross gen in 2023. I might sell PS5. What's the point? I still have my PS4 Pro

The point is you have hardware that will last 6-7+ years and beyond. Quality of life improvements over 2013 hardware.

The shift to PS5 only games I believe will start to happen by 2023. In the meantime I don't mind getting those graphical enhancements to some titles and 60fps target updates.

I don't expect the PS4 Pro being able to handle Spider-Man 2 with any form of high framerate or anything close to the updates Insomniac gave between the first game and Miles Morales for example.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Insomniac said both SM2 and Wolverine are PS5 exclusive stop the panic....

Wolverine my surprise of the show, Jaffe was right. Also my most anticipated game IF its a Hard M. Dark, gritty, brutal. I dont want to see a single spark when I hit a motherfucker, pure blood.

I hope Insomniac takes notes from TLOU 2 in terms of brutality.

They said it's cross gen?
its PS5 exclusive.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

KOTOR announcement.
Wolverine.

The best anticipation & disappointment moment was in the Spider-Man 2 trailer, before Venom and title reveal. I was thinking of how fun it would be to do a cross over with another PlayStation title, say Infamous, but nope.

OrtizTwelve

Nothing because everything was exceptionally average at best. This was a very forced showcase.

I like PlayStation, but nothing here is making me buy a PS5 anytime soon (if I can even find one). Spider-Man 2 is basically the same as we’ve seen before from Miles Morales and the precursor. Gran Turismo 7 we already know about and I don’t think that series has had any hype in years, The uncharted collection is basically what, a PS5 remaster of a remaster that was already on PS4? KOTOR, another remaster. Deathloop is a game that absolutely nobody cares about outside a niche audience. And GOW basically looked like the same god of war on PS4. Nothing here blew anyone away and if they say that they’re either in PR/Media, are in self denial, or have an agenda for whatever reason.

The Wolverine was probably the most interesting announcement as it was unexpected and new. Everything else we sort of knew about already and have seen before in some form.

This and the XBOX game showcase from a few months ago have been very, very mediocre with respect to “next gen” gaming.

cripterion

I was wowed by how bad the showcase was. All in all they need to scrap these once and for all, they can't keep up with the hype, not at all.

I'd rather get a random trailer for a game once in a while as it's getting towards its release date.

Hoppa

I was surprised they opened it with an ad that seemingly never ended. I said 'wow' when 15 of their 45 minute showcase was spent on Borderlands DLC and Deathloop!

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I only wanted to see Stray, probably the most intresting game that seems like an original story, something Sony consoles used to be great at.

This compared to the Playstation 1 is night and day. I remember playing a demo disc i'd got with my Ps1 for a solid week alone. Wipeout, Loaded, Ridge racer (In your home? An awsome arcade game? Brilliant)

This? A pale shadow of what Sony was known for. Demon Souls and a few backwards compatible games is all i'd be getting a Ps5 for at this point, and thats pretty pants for an old time Sony fan.

I picked up Sakura wars for twenty notes yesterday though so my Ps4 pro is still getting played at least.

CamHostage

This is a negative, and I don't want to pile on (I generally thought the show was under-delivery on the hype yet had some good games and pleasant reveals,) but one surprise for me was that there was not a reveal of flight mechanics in Horizon: Forbidden West.

I'm pretty confident that flying mounts will be a part of this sequel, and was guessing that the next trailer would be flight-based (like how water was a big part of the middle trailer,) but so far the only evidence we have so far is the Sunwing. I don't think Horizon needs flying (going airborne can make open-world games wonky to balance,) but I'm very curious to see how they do it and how it looks.

2OnwZp9.jpg

Fahdis

Insomniac just needs a Deadpool Game now so we can have a Spidey, Deadpool and Wolvie crossover like the comics usually.

They said it's cross gen?
It says here exclusively to PlayStation 5. Some people are always eager to hate on Sony for anything. That jackass shouldn't surprise anyone anymore though, I mean, the douch was celebrating and rubbing in my face that GoW Ragnarok didn't get a date (hence according to him a 2023 title...) talk about a pathetic, sad...lifeform.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Project Eve for sure, thought it was a new Bayonetta game first, looked great, felt fresh today.

Wolverine was a surprise too but I don’t know how they can make it interesting. He’s an iconic Marvel character but walking/running around with a dumb brute and slash enemies with claws will be fun for 15 minutes. Would be more fun with a Hulk game, he can at least jump to traverse and throw cars and stuff, plus be the clever scientist on the side.

LordCBH

KOTOR Remake. After what feels like years of rumors I just wrote it off. Was absolutely elated when they dropped that trailer. I know it has no date, but damn all they had to do to win me over was just seeing the mask in the trailer.

Vognerful

KOTOR Remake and then the Wolverine game by Insomniac.

Yes they anounced that in another Nation. Your imagiNation.

Don't blame people if they don't trust these statements. We had more instances where a game was announced as PS5 exclusive and then turned to be cross gen.

Was it Insomniac or Sony who said that spider man remaster will not be sold as standalone and then later did it anyway?

Wasn't KOTOR teased as made for the PS5 as a way to say it is exclusive only to find out it is only console launch exclusive and it is also launching on PC?

Hey Y Yselacrey00

Thank you to everyone in the God of War community for continuing to believe in this project and our team. We can’t wait to share more as we get closer to the 2022 release of God of War Ragnarök on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

Now go curl up in fetal position and shut the fuck up.

boom smile GIF

Last edited:

small_law

Gran Turismo has a release date and It’s not in 2023. Everyone tends to forget how much GT5 got delayed. Call me cynical, but I don’t think they make Q1 2022.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Really just Project Eve.
Wolverine is nice, but there's literally nothing there. Remind me in fall 2023 how that one is shaping up.
Everything else was predictable, known, remakes, remasters, or multi-plat shit I don't give a single fuck about.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
What's "woke" about it? And why does that ruin the game for you?
Art direction, narrative direction, main character design.
Doesn't ruin the game for me since I haven't played it, but any 'hype' or 'excite' doesn't exist since it's not really doing anything that interesting, and when applied through the clumsy diabetes riddled hands trying to make a strong female driven narrative under threat of violence, it will likely lack anything very creative or interesting since it's a product of checking boxes from twitter polls.
But hey, I'm ready to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

LiquidRex

I'm sorry but Forspoken looked terrible compared to when it was first revealed... GOW Ragnarok is clearly held back by PS4 tech and GT7 is Drive Club with Ray Tracing... Insomniac are literally carrying the PS5, it's only them and Bluepoint that have actually developed a game around PS5 tech, Bluepoint would have gone further if they had more time....

With Spiderman 2 being a 2023 release and they show it this early then I dread to think when MGS Remake and Sillent Hill Remake will get released, that's if they actually are in development.....

It looks very much like games until late 2023 will be PS4 titles running on PS5 with a few extra bells and whistles plus smoother frame rates.

Spiderman 2 will be the first true title to push the PS5 as apparently what we saw of that was all In-game not CGI.

Top Bottom