• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your childhood nickname?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Most likely your mom gave it to you, or maybe just that friend you never liked, but everyone seems to have that one embarrassing nickname from when they were young. It doesn't need to be mortifying, just inappropriate for your age now, or a bit silly, although the more humiliating the better.

My dad, and then eventually my mom started to call me "Booby-Bear".

The Bear part made sense to me, because I had this green T-shirt that had a stencil of a roaring Grizzly Bear on the front, and the shirt had been around longer than me, and long story short, the paint on the stencil had started to chip away.

As for "Booby"... I truly can't think of a reason why I earned that as part of my nickname. Perhaps of my weight, I assume.

Kids also called me "Bubba-Tub" in Junior High because of my chunkiness back then. I lost the weight in High School trying to make the basketball team and the name went away. :pie_invert:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Are you trying to get the answers to my bank security questions?
giphy.gif

Catphish

I didn't have a nickname in grammar school, but I did pick up the name "Puddles" my freshman year in high school when, while at some house party, the host's dog hopped in my lap, and pissed in it.

Good times.

sad kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Pooty Chang. Pooty Tang was popular around the time, and my buddies and I once enjoyed a theme park ride called "Chang". Mash the two together for no real reason and there you have it.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Never had one. A lot of friends just called me by my last name (and still do) since it's a really unique one.

killatopak

Master
God(in my language)
Plague/pestilence (in my language)
Solar boy

depending on who you ask.

My family just calls me my shortened first name. It’s only my friends who are creative.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Just my normal name, sometimes they called me dick for the simple reason it rimes with my name and i was kinda a asshole.

Chronicle

Barney (not the dinosaur) Fred Flinstones' pal. Cause I used to always be along side my big bro. So many people called me that that after a while some didn't know my real name and told stories they heard about me (my real name as a separate person) to my face. I'm like 'hey I'm that guy too'. Lol.

This girl in elementary school said I looked like Charlie Brown so everyone called me Charlie until graduation. She even asked our math teacher if I looked like him and he agreed, so that got everyone started. Then there was the brief Tuna period when a kid associated the nickname with Charlie the tuna.

Plashe

Neo Member
closest I got was "Koory" which my younger sister called me cause she was too young to say right, you'd never guess what my name is from that, I used to call her "Yesa" for the same reasons, we still call each other by these names

Top Bottom