• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Microsoft games would you buy on PS5 or Switch?

Which of these games would you buy on PS5 or Switch

• Halo MCC

Votes: 83 28.0%
  • Halo 5

Votes: 26 8.8%
  • Halo Infinite

Votes: 37 12.5%
  • Gears Trilogy

Votes: 87 29.4%
  • Gears 4

Votes: 38 12.8%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • Hi-Fi Rush

Votes: 73 24.7%
  • Forza Motorsport

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Forza Horizona 5

Votes: 65 22.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 23 7.8%
  • Ori

Votes: 51 17.2%
  • Hellblade

Votes: 17 5.7%
  • Hellblade 2

Votes: 63 21.3%
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator

Votes: 34 11.5%
  • Starfield

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • Redfall

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Avowed

Votes: 48 16.2%
  • Blade

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • Fable 2024/2025

Votes: 57 19.3%
  • Fable Anniversary

Votes: 37 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 44 14.9%
  • None

Votes: 67 22.6%

• Total voters

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Is Microsoft really going full third-party? I thought this was just a misunderstanding?

Anyway, if I didn't have an Xbox already then I'd be going for Halo on the PS5. Playing Microsoft's flagship game on a PS console would be wild.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Ori 2 and Gears trilogy if they keep the multi a la MCC. No comment either way on the unreleased games.

It's kind of sad that's literally the only stuff when there is a solid decade of published games on that poll.

Shakka43

I haven't play Gears 3 and Judgement so those if they don't come to PC also. Anything else I've been from MS I have already played on PC.

I already have an Xbox Series X, so none of them unless they were better on PS5 and weren't on GamePass

As for the future? When PS5 Pro comes out, that may change as the difference will be more tangible....so I guess PS5 Pro and I will just cancel GamePass

damidu

maybe gears collection from the list.
i cancelled gamepass after the stacked years ran out.
but i have a pc, can always sub for a month a year to try these at higher fidelity.

Open to see what if any do come across to other systems.

But on that list

Gears trilogy (with cross play, yes please 🤞😎)

And I’ll bite and take a punt on Indiana jones & blade. Surely one of these has gotta come good

(Would also go for some original perfect dark and a handful of rare classics to replay 😁)

Sensei

• Halo MCC and Gears Trilogy for nostalgia
  • Pentiment, because I still haven't played it
  • TES VI, if Bethesda drop their game engine

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My reco for you PS/Switch gamers who never played games under MS (including HB).

- Gears. If you like violent cover shooters. Has a story to follow if you care about it. I think every game has horde mode too (like a survivor mode) except Gears 1. You dont need to play the series from game 1. It's your typical aliens vs. humans ground war of chaos.

- Halo. If you like old school arena kind of shooter red vs blue kind of thing. Fast paced, 20 ft floaty jumps, lots of ttk. If you prefer low ttk military shooters, you'll likely hate it

- Forza MS or Horizon. One is a circuit racer, one is an open world racer with MP and objectives and zooming around from location to location. Totally arcadey kind of game where your sports car can plow though fields, rocks, smash throw fences and jumps off ledges. Seems to sell and review better than MS, but I prefer circuit racers. I cant take the constant gabfest party atmosphere of fireworks and celebrations just because you drive to a new hub. It's like a college frat party in Horizon games

- Flight Sim. Niche crowd kind of game, but I think just about everyone has dabbled with the game to check out their city looking for their own neighbourhood. I did. It's not a 100% recreation of things at ground level, but reasonably close as you should recognize the birds eye streets, highways and buildings. One thing I noticed right off the bat is the highways are not close to being 1:1. It gets them wrong with wrong on/off ramps and the collectors lanes could be totally wrong or non-existent.

- Hellblade. Only play if you love unskippable cut scenes which are probably half the game. Any trailer you might had seen for HB1 showing tons of action where you think it might be a big hack and slasher is a total lie. Who knows what HB2 will be but probably similar. It's probably 70% story, 20% walking around, 10% fights. If you hate cutscenes, HB1 will be an insta-delete. In the first hour it's got to be about half an hour of unskippable cut scenes. No joke. I deleted it after an hour.

Last edited:

eerik9000

Rare Replay 40th Anniversary edition next year, I guess. I would pay 40 euros for that.

My childhood friend had an Xbox. He wanted always to play some boring shit called Halo, while I wanted good games like Conker (and Super Monkey Ball).

That being said, the true Microsoft games of my childhood were Motocross Madness and Monster Truck Madness.

Last edited:

Pobb

Neo Member
I mainly game on PS5 but I bought an Xbox series X Halo edition.
I would rebuy Halo MCC on PS5 for sure.
I'd also love Gears 1-3 ported over.

Xellos

Just Rare Replay, although I think it's more likely that Rare's games from Nintendo platforms are slowly released through NSO.

Last edited:

Humdinger

Probably Indiana Jones and the new Fable, although I'd have to see how they turn out. And then, far into the future, Elder Scrolls VI.

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t really specify. I’d buy the ones that are good/I want to play and that I think will have some replayability, given there’s physical copies available.

I don’t think I’d buy any on Switch currently, but I’d definitely get a physical copy of Hi-Fi Rush on “Switch 2” down the line, for example.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
Went for Gears Trilogy, Blade, Hi-Fi Rush and Forza Horizon 5.

The rest I either don't care for or is outright bad.

EDIT: Forgot about Ori, although I own that game on PC and Xbox already.

Last edited:
There is a lot of games that would cater to different audiences. MS could literally check boxes on most gaming Categories And have a competiteive game on platforms in each category.

An example of this:
Fighting game: Killer Instinct
Strategy: Halo Wars, Gears Tactics, Age of Empires, StarCraft, etc.

Honestly though, in my mind, Halo is still one of their top IP’s. This franchise must be corrected ASAP. I would definitely bring the old Halo games to multi platform. My reasoning, is trying to fix the IP and build towards the future which is likely no sooner than 2026-2027.

I am also fascinated with Goldeneye XBLA. The canceled game. I would be VERY curious to see how this sells across all platforms if released with crossplay.

MS also has to decide what to do with Blizzard games. World of Warcraft could be a huge opportunity across Mac/pc/consoles and honestly mobile!

Saber

Gold Member
Rare collection and Gears 3.

As a possibility, because I dunno how its gonna be or end, Indiana Jones and Fable. But I wouldn't put my hopes on them yet, I'm still very cautious.

Famipan

Hellblade 1 is still available on PSN but you might have to buy it through the PSN app or website.

I voted for a few but will get everything on Steam instead probably because of free online and future compatibility on future Steam Decks. Might support-buy HFR on PS5,

Forza Horizon could be a great chill title on PS5 if it gets DualSense trigger features. But if I need PS+ for the online features I would probably skip it.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

As long as I can get Fallout 5 and the Fallout 4 remaster for PS5 I'm happy. Forza, Ori, HiFi Rush and a few of the others would be nice additions to the library if gamepass on PS5 becomes a thing

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
None, I have them on pc through gamepass. However, when the next elder scrolls goes to ps6 (maybe) and fallout, my will be weaker than a ps6 id guess so that would be a possible path for me to take.

dottme

I keep an eye on Indiana Jones and Fable. But when you see their recent output, I’ll also keep my expectation low.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Don't buy Sea of Thieves on the Switch. You will get destroyed by seasoned Xbox and PC players running around at 60 & 120 FPS.
I used to get destroyed on Series S anyway. The combat is so crap that the skill gap between hardcore players and casuals is basically a mountain.

Top Bottom