• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

The_hunter

Spiderman Miles Morales PS5 completed. Not a patch on the previous game same gameplay but hated most of the characters and the dialogue.
Phin is such an unbelievable villain, you've grown up with Miles he's you're only family yet you would want to kill him for telling a couple lies. Same with Miles disowning his uncle for trying to protect him.
I found it re-treaded the same plot points from spiderman ps4, just with different characters
how a friend turns into a villain.

I wanted them to do a new, different story. The climax ending was great though, visually. The animations and gameplay were greatly improved.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Completed the first area in Goemon's Great Adventure (Mystical Ninja 2). Such a fun game, and now even more than when I played it since now I can understand english and get all the jokes and weird stuff the game has.

Great OST so far too.

Winnie The Pooh Happy Dance GIF by Leon Denise

RAIDEN1

Finally got back to the PS4 Pro to resume my play through of Judgement, very early into the game, but some side-quests were annoying, like having to track the guy who is having an affair and making sure you get the photo at the right spot and angle..

I found it re-treaded the same plot points from spiderman ps4, just with different characters
how a friend turns into a villain.

I wanted them to do a new, different story. The climax ending was great though, visually. The animations and gameplay were greatly improved.
Yeah I agree about the ending! Regarding
yeah it is similar and most likely the short length of the game contributed to the sudden change of Phins attitude towards Miles. It needed much more fleshing out to be believable.

lachesis

After Age of Calamity - having a bit of burn out. Perhaps my hectic work schedule didn't help either.
I played / checked out the RE updates on PS5 for a few hours - but didn't continue.
I played / checked out few Gamepass games (Eiyuden Chronicles, etc) but didn't continue...

And whenever I feel like I'm stuck, I play a short around with Ninja Gaiden Black or Ninja Gaiden II - but just a few min, literally.
Then, I finally decided to play thru Ninja Gaiden II - the whole game again, but got stuck with game breaking bug at the top of the Dragon Castle in Chapter 2 - where I cannot enter the boss (Genshin) area -
so it seems like I would have to restart the whole game. But damn. Love Ninja Gaiden II. I'm no master ninja level, but the speed and visceral intensity of the battle is quite something.

And since I feel a bit refreshed - will probably go to a game that I've yet to play from my backlog. Most likely Gravity Rush 2 on PS5.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is a hell of a game hampered by being so beholden to goddamn gyro. It's difficult to get used to, you find yourself constantly contorting all over the place to get a good angle where you can see and control on the 3DS at the same time. It's lucky the actual is so stock full of charm and wit that it can overcome that kind of hurdle. I saw recently someone compare the Luigi's Mansion games to Nintendo riff on Point 'n Clicks and it really hit it on the head, though LM is a lot more forgiving in fairness.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Fallout 76, PC. Surprised to find I enjoy it. Sort of like a Fallout MMO-lite. I just wish there was text chat.

Ge Os

Bloodborne - NG BL4 Run
I've been stuck on Laurence for almost a week now. I'm 270 deaths in and I ain't gonna stop untill he's dead (and then, Orphan of Kos).

I also got a Doom Eternal disc for like 11 bucks, maybe that will motivate me to finish Doom 2016.

I just beat up Shin Megami Tensei 5 on Switch and finished up Wild Arms on the new PS+ for platinum #201.

Not sure what's next, as I'm leaving town for 5 days. I may replay Cuphead along with the new DLC if I don't feel like I need something more chill.

Currently playing through Phantasmagoria on PC and Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Chris' game) on PS5. I asolutely love Phantasmagoria despite only playing it for the first time a couple of years ago. It's definitely dated but there's lots of stuff to still like. Once I've finished it I'll be going through the rest of my horror backlog on Steam. Any of the following:
EKZABpC.jpg
Are you gonna play Phantasmagoria 2: A puzzle of flesh as well?

Lognor

Banned
Just finished plague tale. Really enjoyed it. And now I'm looking forward to the sequel in a couple of months. Day One on game pass!

And i started the assassin creed game on game pass. It's set in Egypt. Not really enjoying it. It throws you and I have no idea what's going on in the story. Probably won't finish it but that's the great thing about game pass.

Jaybe

Gold Member
Just finished plague tale. Really enjoyed it. And now I'm looking forward to the sequel in a couple of months. Day One on game pass!

And i started the assassin creed game on game pass. It's set in Egypt. Not really enjoying it. It throws you and I have no idea what's going on in the story. Probably won't finish it but that's the great thing about game pass.
Yeah I just finished AC Origins. It’s an okay Witcher clone. I think it opens up and settles into a routine of pick a quest, complete it, within 2 to 3 hours once you get out of the first zone. They through a bit at you early but it honestly doesn’t get much more complicated after that tutorial zone.

Lognor

Banned
Yeah I just finished AC Origins. It’s an okay Witcher clone. I think it opens up and settles into a routine of pick a quest, complete it, within 2 to 3 hours once you get out of the first zone. They through a bit at you early but it honestly doesn’t get much more complicated after that tutorial zone.
So am I supposed to be clueless as to what's going on? Or is this a sequel from the last ac game?

Gameplay is fine, nothing special. And the story at the start isn't compelling.

Jaybe

Gold Member
So am I supposed to be clueless as to what's going on? Or is this a sequel from the last ac game?

Gameplay is fine, nothing special. And the story at the start isn't compelling.
I can’t recall how the story starts but I just approached it as simple as being the last of a creed (Medjay, sworn to protect the Pharaohs) that is taking down a hit list of bad people. There’s more to it than that and revenge for your dead son, but at the end of the day it didn’t do a lot for me… though some people say it’s great.

I don’t think it’s a direct sequel but it continues this animus thing where a modern day person is controlling the protagonist.

Agree that the game play isn’t special. Over time it gets a bit better as you get movesets and the bases are larger. But never gets great.

It’s basically a Witcher-lite and since there aren’t many Witcher styled games this large, it’s something to play if that’s your bag. But parts are boring and grindy too. I thought it was a 7.5/10, so this isn’t a recommendation from me, and I’m getting bored of most open world games nowadays. If you give it a couple more hours and aren’t feeling it, I’d say drop it since lots of other options on game pass. You can always come back to it later.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Halo MP. Have to be elusive and unpredictable/random to deal with my opponents from the future. Maybe a bit of exploring in Elden Ring later.

Dusted of and cleaned my Switch for RType and Dread.

Couldn't find the charging cable for the pro controller so I ordered one. Right after I noticed my phone charger is USBC and I have two. So canceled the order and am currently charging the pro controller. Happy happy joy joy.

Orta

Banned
The Falconeer.

Installed and uninstalled after 20 minutes. Controls were shit, and that's that. One thing I won't stand for in any game are awkward controls be it on a controller or m&kb. If they aren't perfect from the off in the fucking bin it goes.

drganon

Beat ai somnium files nirvana. Got about 70% of the trophies before I decided to move on. Between this and Triangle Strategy, its in my top tier of goty candidates.

Also downloaded and started playing the klonoa remaster collection. That had been pretty good so far as well.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Ok. Unfortunately my old ass mobile phone usbc cable didn't charge my Switch Pro Controller. So i had to order a real one.

Still can't wrap my mind around why I can't find it; pretty frustrating.

Anyways it should arrive tomorrow so I can finally try out Metroid Dread and R-Type Final 2. Also super curious about Xenoblade Chronicles Remastered but that'll have to wait until I finish Elden Ring.

TheShocker

Too fucking many. Off the top of my head:

PS5 - HFW, R&C, Uncharted remaster, GT7, Demon Souls Remaster. There’s more that I haven’t even started yet, but have downloaded.

XSX - AC Valhalla, Cyberpunk, RE3 Remake, DMC 5. And again, a bunch of games that are downloaded but I haven’t started or have previously beaten and am going to do a second play through.

On top of that, I borrowed a friends gaming laptop which is pretty beefy and can run most games at good settings. So, naturally I downloaded some games on that too.

My problem isn’t time or even choosing what to play, it’s avoiding getting stuck in BR and other MP games with friends.

klosos

I am playing Through La Noire again on the PS5 , to get the platinum. Its really a fantastic game and i wish Rockstar returns and makes another one at some point.

The Falconeer.

Installed and uninstalled after 20 minutes. Controls were shit, and that's that. One thing I won't stand for in any game are awkward controls be it on a controller or m&kb. If they aren't perfect from the off in the fucking bin it goes.
You should try Octodad

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
And now I can't find my wifi USB thingy for my Switch!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edit I think i found it.

Last edited:

T-Cake

Kingdoms of Amalur. Played it aeons ago on PS3. I remember some of it being really annoying - like lots of backtracking - but I'm willing to put up with that for the replay.

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut. Liberated everything, did the DLC, fully maxed out the character. I think I’m done. Really don’t have much interest in hunting out all the additional question marks on the map. I’ve done a lot of them already and pretty much know what to expect. Started New Game+ but I think I’m running out of steam at this point.

That being said, I loved it. Not usually a fan of that type of game but I really enjoyed it.

Trying to find something to fill that hole now.

Having a hard time getting into Spider-Man, just kinda burned out on super heroes.

Might play the Halo Infinite campaign, never really touched it.

reksveks

Just finished Shadowrun Return.

Need to figure out how to play AI Somnium Files 2 on the Steamdeck (got it on the MS store) or going to be bouncing between two games.

Started GotG on xCloud, so might be my second game

Last edited:

Hohenheim

The Quarry. Nice to play in short sessions with my girlfriend. Not quite up there with Until Dawn yet though. Im around 4 hours in.

Elden Ring. Almost done with NG+ all solo run. So much harder without my trusty pal, the gimmick ash. But also so much more rewarding.

TMNT Shredders Revenge.
Oh, childhood memories! Pure bliss, and so much fun in multiplayer.

timmyp53

Hitman 1(2016). Another game with weird sound mixing. Sometimes Randomly when you look away or are trailing npcs you cant hear dialogue.

stn

Continuing Pokemon: Shining Pearl (Switch), about halfway through. Also started Genji: Dawn of the Samurai (PS2). I love it. Can't believe I missed out on it over so many years. I read that it is short so I will aim to beat it tonight.

psoOkDbYuMdr1RsJo6TpU6bg.png

Got close to buying this so many times, so I was very pleased to see it come to Playstation Plus

Having a lot of fun so far, they put a nice modern spin on it whilst keeping what made Crash Bandicoot fun (and frustrating!)

engstra

Just finished Elden Ring, absolutely loved it. Been a long time since a game's grabbed me like this, haven't been able to stop thinking about it. After spending 140 hours with it though, I don't ever want to play that again unless new content is released. Fully exploring the map definitely made the later stages quite easy. No grinding and still finished on level 185. Fantastic game 10/10. Finished just in time for my holidays next week.
Once back I'm gonna see what PS Premium has to offer.

Duchess

Just started Tales of Arise. Aside from FF7, I don't play a whole lot of JRPGs these day, so looking forward to getting stuck into it. Sea of Stars is something I'm also keeping my eye on.

bender

What time is it?
I've been replaying Dead Space. I just finished chapter 8. While I think it holds up a lot better than DS2, I remember it being much creepier back in the day. The normal difficulty is a little brain dead and I think the limb dismemberment novelty wore off me a long time ago. I'm still having a good time but it's far less satisfying than the GOAT.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I've been replaying Dead Space. I just finished chapter 8. While I think it holds up a lot better than DS2, I remember it being much creepier back in the day. The normal difficulty is a little brain dead and I think the limb dismemberment novelty wore off me a long time ago. I'm still having a good time but it's far less satisfying than the GOAT.

If you had to choose. Which one do you find scarier;

Dead Space (whichever installment) or Resident Evil 4?

Top Bottom