• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
1S9sY5j.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Gravity Rush 2. Played the remaster of the original a bunch of years ago and loved it, but never picked up the sequel for some reason. It's a lot of fun! The sense of freedom in these games has no equal. Just feels so good to be able to just point in any direction, including straight up, and fly (well, fall) there. It's definitely not a perfect game (that fucking dog mission...), but overall it's pretty awesome.

Gravity Rush 2. Played the remaster of the original a bunch of years ago and loved it, but never picked up the sequel for some reason. It's a lot of fun! The sense of freedom in these games has no equal. Just feels so good to be able to just point in any direction, including straight up, and fly (well, fall) there. It's definitely not a perfect game (that fucking dog mission...), but overall it's pretty awesome.
This man , he knows about video games with huge quality

Kev Kev

15 minutes into forza horizon 5 and if it makes me sit through one more shitty unskippabke cutscene I’m going to turn it off. I already had to mute all music and VAs bc they are so terrible, and it’s only letting me play the actual game for 45 seconds at a time before it goes to another cut scene

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Last edited:

stn

15 minutes into forza horizon 5 and if it makes me sit through one more shitty unskippabke cutscene I’m going to turn it off. I already had to mute all music and VAs bc they are so terrible, and it’s only letting me play the actual game for 45 seconds at a time before it goes to another cut scene

Don't worry, the garbage "story" and cutscenes take up very little time overall. Sit through it, the game is worth it.

I'm playing Pokemon: Shining Pearl (Switch). After I beat it, I'll try to beat Genji (PS2), Bujingai (PS2), or Fist of the North Star (PS4).

Miles Morales - got the plat for this yesterday. Mechanically I enjoyed it more than Spider-Man though most of the characters suck, uncle Aaron being an exception and ultimately my fave one. Looking forward to Spider-Man 2 but even more hyped to see what Insomniac does with Wolverine.

Wild Arms - can't believe it'sbeen 25 years since I've played this JRPG gem, Playstation+ ftw. Holds up surprisingly well, having a blast, OST is still god-tier, being able to save anywhere is a godsend.

Kev Kev

Don't worry, the garbage "story" and cutscenes take up very little time overall. Sit through it, the game is worth it.

I'm playing Pokemon: Shining Pearl (Switch). After I beat it, I'll try to beat Genji (PS2), Bujingai (PS2), or Fist of the North Star (PS4).
I did get through it and haveing blast now. Very fun! I can see myself playing this game quite a bit.

But holy hell those first 20 - 30 minutes were torture. It seems like a tutorial/intro that sounds good on paper, but when you put in someone’s hands who’s going into the game blind without having played any previous forza games, it’s a huge turn off. They should have just dropped you in and let you figure everything out.

The menus and all the accolades and badges and whatever the fuck is very overwhelming as well. I’m just staring at this screen with all these stats and clutter and it all just looks noisy lol. So still no idea what’s going on there (which is fine I’ll figure it all out eventually). But when I’m just driving around smashing billboards and doing challenges it’s super fun.

Gonna put it down for now so I end on a high note and actually want to come back to it tomorrow, but ho man I almost didn’t make it through those beginning parts.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

And then what? Ride slowly so you dont crash or keep your eyes 70% of the time on the minimap so you can put your foot down.

I've started Lego Star Wars: the Skywalker Saga.
While obviously being a very "Lego" game, the gameplay has evolved quite a bit compared to the usual. I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan around, but I'm enjoying it so far, although I can already see some of the Kyber Bricks being very annoying to get...

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Roamed around in Elden Ring for a couple runes so I could level up before facing Morgott

Looked up that GET 100000000000 RUNES IN A HOUR BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THIS SHIT and was like nah...

Never farmed anyways. At least not in that capacity. Sure I repeated some segments for a couple missing runes before a big event but fuck that Super Ultra Mega Farming. Where's the fun man.

But now I'm bored so I will play some Halo Ranked.

Last edited:
Wild Arms - can't believe it'sbeen 25 years since I've played this JRPG gem, Playstation+ ftw. Holds up surprisingly well, having a blast, OST is still god-tier, being able to save anywhere is a godsend.
Wild Arms ftw in general. I need to play 2 some time, it's the only one I haven't played...

I played the new Cuphead DLC and I've been working on S-ranking bosses. Also reading a short visual novel called planetarian. I'm kind of desperate for something to really get into, I haven't played much games of late and not much is catching my interest. Oh, I keep trying to get through Ao no Kiseki too but even for a Kiseki game the pacing is bad and I don't care that much for the Crossbell cast, controversial opinion since a lot of people have this as their favourite but w/e...

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Dying Light 2.

I bounced off hard the game at launch due to performance issues but after a few patches the game is in good form. Having a blast with the overall gameplay loop. Basically Dying Light 1 on steroids. Would recommend.

NahaNago

Just finished Ys 1 and thought it was mostly okay just a bit too old school for my taste. I had started Death's Door a couple days ago and I'll work on beating that one this week and maybe mix in a little trials of mana since I had started that one like 2 weeks ago and Ys 2.

I had fallen off gaming of late and simply sticking to age of empires3 and civ 5 so I'm glad to actually be playing newer things. I still got in a game of aoe3 before I finished Ys1 though.

Last edited:

Fredrik

noice! is this elden ring? i love seeing hundreds of hours on a game i love. what kind of other entertainment medium gives you that much bang for your buck? gaming is one of the best hobbys
Yeah when things truly align with your taste in gameplay there is nothing better. Took me roughly 190 hours to do one playthrough in Elden Ring, with several areas still uncleared. I’ll do the rest in NG+. It’s such a masterpiece and contentwise I think it’s unmatched.

As for what I’m currently playing. I went back to play Bloodborne last night. Never really got into it (still don’t understand the praise, feels like Demon’s Souls without block and a bad fps) but I thought I should use a guide to play it properly. FightinCowboy had awesome videos for Demon’s Souls that helped me a ton, hoping he’s got content for this game too.

And I’m playing Miles Morales, loving this more and more, I was so wrong being a bit negative in my first impressions post earlier. Think it’s my favorite game on PS5 after Ratchet, it’s not perfect but it’s just something that makes me glad when I’m playing it, it’s cool, have nice characters, superb presentation. Starting to wrap up the main story, I’m at the point of no return. So I’ll be doing side content for awhile now. Fantastic game! Insomniac ❤️

Tried some Trek to Yomi too. Visually pleasing. Too early to say much about the gameplay, seems interesting.

Finally tried some Naraka Bladepoint. Got disconnected from the server during the tutorial just after an enemy died, the game didn’t register the kill and still says I need to kill all enemies, but there are no enemies left to kill. Tried restarting the game to no luck, still can’t progress. Oh well it was an online game anyway, just wanted to fiddle with the character creator.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finished Ocarina of Time. I'm missing 4 heart pieces and about 20 gold skulltulas but I think I'm done. I had a ton of fun with the game, and might play the Master Quest version in a few months.

Not it's time for another nostalgia trip.

bd975d54-9c55-42d3-b081-6ea5d54a2c64.jpg

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Dying Light 2.

I bounced off hard the game at launch due to performance issues but after a few patches the game is in good form. Having a blast with the overall gameplay loop. Basically Dying Light 1 on steroids. Would recommend.
On my first run during release I too quit before even reaching the 2nd city and just reinstalled it yesterday.

I think it's improved yes, and that sweet, sweet parkour oh yeeeah.

Cryio

Deathloop got it's 3rd patch and it was mostly focused on accessibility, with few game fixes or QoL changes.

So I thought the time is right and I bought the game.

I missed Arkhane / im-sim gameplay so much. After the first few slow hours, once you find out how to keep things between loops, it's delightful to poke around and slowly unravel the lore of everything. Everything is surprisingly complicated at first. It's really not a simple scenario to explain and how everything is laid out. Doubly so when you try to complete tasks without a quest marker.

But I'm having a great time. I'm currently taking each of the 4 areas one by one, going through all 4 times of day to see what changes in-between. It's definitely fascinating.

Duchess

Returnal, taking on the second boss.

However, I'm going to be tapping out of this one, as I've sort of had my fill of roguelikes and souls type games over the past 13 years. I'm still willing to give Elden Ring a go, but it will literally be the last game of this type I will now play.

(both are borrows, so no money lost - I've also done all the previous FROM games, as well as Death's Door, so I'm good to leave things here)

rupturefarms

Neophyte
Really strange, I played Slay the Spire maybe about 6-9 months ago for maybe an hour and thought it was 'fine', but it didn't really sink its claws into me and I quickly moved on to other things.

Tried it again on Friday and oh. my. goodness. what. a. game.

I am absolutely addicted and I instantly understand all the hyperbole surrounding this game. It is absolutely fantastic in nearly every single way.

sedg87

Banned
Currently playing through Phantasmagoria on PC and Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Chris' game) on PS5. I asolutely love Phantasmagoria despite only playing it for the first time a couple of years ago. It's definitely dated but there's lots of stuff to still like. Once I've finished it I'll be going through the rest of my horror backlog on Steam. Any of the following:
EKZABpC.jpg

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Currently playing through Phantasmagoria on PC and Resident Evil: Director's Cut (Chris' game) on PS5. I asolutely love Phantasmagoria despite only playing it for the first time a couple of years ago. It's definitely dated but there's lots of stuff to still like. Once I've finished it I'll be going through the rest of my horror backlog on Steam. Any of the following:
EKZABpC.jpg
Condemned is great! Great combat and atmosphere.

If I were you I'd hold up on System Shock 2, last I heard the Enhanced Edition should be coming out soon.

Dying Light 2.

What system are you on? Is it still running at 1080p on ps5?

Fredrik

Returnal, taking on the second boss.

However, I'm going to be tapping out of this one, as I've sort of had my fill of roguelikes and souls type games over the past 13 years. I'm still willing to give Elden Ring a go, but it will literally be the last game of this type I will now play.

(both are borrows, so no money lost - I've also done all the previous FROM games, as well as Death's Door, so I'm good to leave things here)
I’m absolutely worthless at this game, and I’m doing a classic rage quit now. Went back in again, supposedly you could get permanent weapon upgrades, but I’m so not getting any of that.
Another embarassing death at the level 1 boss. 9 hours total now. And no progression at all. Waste of time as far as I’m concerned. And I stopped having fun about 5 hours ago.

Same here though, no money lost, PS+ release for me. But Roguelike is now officially my most hated genre. I’m not going to say Returnal is a bad game, but I’m obviously bad at playing this type of game and the result is that I absolutely hate the genre and therefore also the game. I’m out.

Duchess

Another embarassing death at the level 1 boss. 9 hours total now. And no progression at all.
I actually just beat the second boss this evening. This video really helped me get past the first:

Basically, keep your distance from him.

Something the game doesn't explain too well is that your weapon proficiency determines the power of the weapon you get from opening a chest. So, if you avoid opening most chests until you've mostly cleared the level, you'll get more powerful weapons (your weapon proficiency increases as you defeat enemies).

But, yes, the game is still hard as hell.

Fools idol

Banned
Completed the platinum for super meat boy. My thumbs are absolutely smashed to bits. A real gem this one was, enjoyed it a ton despite the brutal difficulty at least for me.

Moving on to something far more casual to wind down, looking at the ghost of tsushima directors cut and wondering if that is the one.

Last edited:

Fredrik

I actually just beat the second boss this evening. This video really helped me get past the first:

Basically, keep your distance from him.

Something the game doesn't explain too well is that your weapon proficiency determines the power of the weapon you get from opening a chest. So, if you avoid opening most chests until you've mostly cleared the level, you'll get more powerful weapons (your weapon proficiency increases as you defeat enemies).

But, yes, the game is still hard as hell.

Thanks for trying to help but I’m so angry right now, can’t look at that video. I’m done. Both with this game and this genre, I had fun at first but the last couple hours has just been anger. I’d play the shit out of this game with a save system but now I’m past the boiling point, all I feel is hate.
hercules rage GIF

Last edited:

Erimus

Neo Member
Due to my personal circumstances, I’ve had about a year out of gaming. Slowly finding the time to pluck away through my backlog now whilst eyeing up a lot of games to undoubtedly add to it!

I’ve been playing Vanguard and WarZone mixed with a bit of Fall Guys on Xbox. Me and the other half plan on getting into A Way Out sometime this week as I want to experience that game before moving on to ‘It Takes Two’

I’ve also started both RE:2 Remake and Uncharted: Lost Legacy on the PlayStation side of things. Really enjoying both.

Dr. Suchong

Shredders revenge.
Spent an age trying to get the 250 hit combo trophy.
Kept getting robbed by a cheeky hit.
How a foot soldier with a spoon has a longer reach than Leo with his Katana is a complete mystery to me.

Nico_D

Crusader Kings II.

I played CK3 almost one game. It was fun but I feel like it suffers of the same problem as most of the civ kind of games: after certain point it is clear you have either won or lost - and not achieved your goals like in Crusader Kings - it gets boring.

But that's just after one game. Probably need to play more.

Spiderman Miles Morales PS5 completed. Not a patch on the previous game same gameplay but hated most of the characters and the dialogue.
Phin is such an unbelievable villain, you've grown up with Miles he's you're only family yet you would want to kill him for telling a couple lies. Same with Miles disowning his uncle for trying to protect him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom