• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Interfectum

Final Fantasy 6 on my phone. Never played it. I know it's supposed to be one of the great FFs but I'm not getting it. At times, the tone shifts very quickly from serious to silly and it takes me out of the game. I just did the opera house part, which I know if a famous part, but I didn't get what was supposed to be so great...?
slap gtfo GIF

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
RE Village

The series has been my favourite one since 96-97 and I can't believe Capcom revamped it yet again and I am still digging it. The story is pretty nuts so far but I am loving the fuck out of the gameplay. Loads of stuff taken from RE4. The castle was AMAZING. Really hope the game keeps this quality for what is yet to come - and judging from the map it seems to be quite a lot. Taking it slow so I can enjoy this. I love you Capcom.

FourEyesGod

Neo Member
Me its gacha games on mobiles xD, but i bought a new (but budget) gaming laptop, now i can at least enjoy DA inquisition, AOE definitive edition, etc.. all the games i couldnt play on my old laptop, but not the newly released one.

Resident evil 8 - highly recommend. I’ve replayed it already which I NEVER do. And returnal, which is not my thing in terms of the type of game and playing for long periods with no saving - but very cool stuff done with the controller and particle effects - if you are into this type of game I’d give it a shot or at least try it when it’s on sale.

Markio128

Has anybody had chance to try the Mass Effect Legendary edition yet? I Need something to fall back on because I am getting my arse handed to me by Returnal’s 3rd boss - got to the 3rd stage of the boss last night and got killed by a giant frickin’ laser Beam. I’d normally have given up by now, but the game seems to have that one more go pulling power. Also, recently because I’ve died so many times, Selena has started trying to gee me up by saying ‘I can do this’ at each restart haha

Last edited:
still on Persona 5 Strikers. i'm too slow. i get some days where i will play a lot and then i can go days without touching it (nothing against the game. i love persona). bought it at launch and only ~24 hours in. it's a struggle to sit down and play games these days :(

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Persona 5 S, loving it's vibes, the gameplay and the music.

Rippa

Replaying Dark Souls 3 on PS5 now that it’s 60fps.

Next I’ll be playing Dark Souls 2 for the first time.

After I complete that, I’d of played all of FROM’s Souls games (Demons, DS 1,2,3, Bloodborne and Sekiro)

RAIDEN1

It's a LEGENDARY DAY! so all other games on hold.. I was working my way through Yakuza Kiwami on XBG-Pass but that can wait, Shepherd is back in town!!!

Last edited:
Been replaying a bunch of Resident Evils after Village. Replayed through 4 and 5, moving onto Revelations today. Rev 2 and RE6 are next on the docket, provided my Resident Evil mood doesn't wear off.

I have to say, both RE4 and 5 are worse than I remember. Not trying to say they're bad games, of course. But the way RE4 turns into a straight up shooter with tank controls during the last third (Island) is still shocking. And RE5 basically took RE4's Island and based an entire game off of that gameplay, but with SLIGHTLY better controls. Lastly, I remember RE5's singleplayer AI being extremely poor, but even my memory couldn't prepare me for how bad the AI really is. Thankfully there are ways to manipulate the AI so that they can be somewhat useful (equipping Sheva with only a sniper rifle helps). Co-op is the way to go with RE5, but unfortunately I couldn't convince anyone to replay it with me on PC lmao

OH and I almost forgot to mention the Quick Time Events. FUCK QTEs, especially ones after a long arduous battle that insta-kill you if you look away for a second. So glad the industry has moved on from QTE garbage lol

Last edited:

BadFunnyGuy

Neo Member
I am guessing you are playing on PC because MCC is actually 6 games?! I have so many achievements on MCC it's crazy but I still will never have all of them.

I think I might play Halo 5 soon. Been playing skyrim some.
I keep on forgetting about the other two (ODST and Reach) for some reason... everytime I think MCC I think Halo's CE-4 ;-;

hollams

Gold Member
I never finished Alien Isolation so I started that a week before RE8 and trying to both of those at the same time is a bit too much. So I've focused on finishing up AI before continuing in RE8 and hopefully they fix some of the performance issues on PC.

On AI I'm playing with the Alien mod and really enjoying the game. The last couple of times I played I only lasted 2-3 hours and on this play through I'm almost done.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've been playing a lot of Battlefield V lately and the wave of new players due to it being on PS+ is hilarious.

I've never seen so many abandoned tanks per match.

My personal favorites are the new pilots who slam into the ground when they try to do a bombing dive.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I've been playing a lot of Battlefield V lately and the wave of new players due to it being on PS+ is hilarious.

I've never seen so many abandoned tanks per match.

My personal favorites are the new pilots who slam into the ground when they try to do a bombing dive.
Sounds like Christmas in July in May

KouNaN

Neo Member
Wolfenstein: The New Order, Mutan Year Zero: Road to Eden DLC, Yoshi's Crafted World (just started with my daughter), Oceanhorn..... But nothing enough to finish it, to kids don't give you much time to play.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
The Division 2: Season One. Finished RE 8 a few days ago. Great game. Enjoyed it more than RE 7 but didn't care for the final area.

kingwingin

Picked up judgment on ps5 to prepare for the sequel. Feel like I'm about half way through and so far so good. Just wish there were more epic battles. Everything has been one room kinda events. Yakuza 0 was the best with rushing through entire buildings slamming dudes through walls and doors.

The only thing that bugs me about these games is I can never remember anyone's names. Wish they could color code the subtitles to a person's outfit or something.

intbal

Still grinding away in Bodycount.
Not that it's a long or difficult game. I just can't take more than 20 minutes of it twice a week.

Grechy34

Wolfenstein: The New Order, Mutan Year Zero: Road to Eden DLC, Yoshi's Crafted World (just started with my daughter), Oceanhorn..... But nothing enough to finish it, to kids don't give you much time to play.

I reckon I get about 10% of the playing time I used too since I had my first child. Haha.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just beaten Half-Life: Alyx. Loved it, as it looks amazing, has pretty nice music for the action parts and plays cool as fuck. I found it to have a nice balance between action and exploring/puzzles, and I never felt bored of any of those.

Now the problem: that ending. Like holy shit, where's Half-Life 3? I need it now! Those fuckers at Valve sure know how to tease a cock.

Replaying Dark Souls 3 on PS5 now that it’s 60fps.

Next I’ll be playing Dark Souls 2 for the first time.

After I complete that, I’d of played all of FROM’s Souls games (Demons, DS 1,2,3, Bloodborne and Sekiro)

Now go back and play KF and Shadow Tower series (& Otogi) if you haven't.

GeekyDad

Picked up my existing file (about 40 hours in) of Strange Journey Redux. Man, forgot how much prettier this version is over the DS version. Beautiful, honestly. I ended up on the Law route, evidently. Trying to knock out the remaining sidequests before I finish up the game and go for a new game. So good to revisit this one.
7jqDLCa.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I was so close at beating Hand of the King in Dead Cells. It was like 3 more hits. So goddamn frustrating. Had a powerful build but unless I get the parries and dodging down to at least 50% accuracy I'm not gonna kill him. He's so fucking fast, and hits like a truck. And then my palms get sweaty so I press the wrong button and then I'm screwed. Very challenging game this is.

Mr Hyde

Finished Panzer dragoon remake. Short but sweet. In fact, it was very short. The in game timer shows I beat the game in 51 minutes. That's crazy. I remember buying this game as a kid for full price, which was 60 bucks. Which with todays inflation would probably be 100 bucks. Imagine releasing a game today for 100 bucks and you beat it within an hour. The internet meltdowns would be epic.

But I don't care, I bought this game on a flash sale on the e-shop for a couple of bucks. I have a huge nostalgia boner for this game. Loved it when it first came out on the Saturn. Was super impressed by the graphics and music. I remember watching the intro over and over again. Never seen anything like it before. I don't think I ever finished it then. I remember thinking it was too hard. I was not very good at video games then, especially not shooters. But goddamn if I didn't love this game. It was very nice experiencing this game again. It's a solid remake.

Duchess

I'm finishing off Talos Principle, then planning on starting Mortal Shell. It's acting as a palette cleaner, if you will, since I played Ghost of Tsushima for 2 months and didn't want to play another 3rd person sword combat game directly after (if that makes sense..?).

drganon

Just finished ch6 of ys9. Also playing the zero escape collection. Got all the endings for the first game but the amount for the second game seems kind of daunting.

Labadal

I'm playing Suikoden III. About nine hours in. Hugo's chapter one is done, now I'm doing Geddoes. I'm having a lot of fun. I prefer it over IV and V, so far.

Top Bottom