• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Ver. + A Look at the New Fall Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

mujun

Very well crafted. I think it scratches the same itch as Adventure Time -- surreal fairy tale -- while changing the tone just a little bit to be more grim (or even grimm), more adult, darker, more folksy. The plot is pretty meaty, the episode-to-episode designs and themes are great. Elijah Wood's performance is very good, as it usually is, playing a nervous sad sack. Colin Dean as Greg is phenomenal, and brings that great kind of orthogonal thinking madness that enthusiastic children always have. The running gag with the frog's name is wonderful. And the way new characters stick around for an episode or two is great, a real "merry band of brothers adventuring" feel. Very cohesive as well. The singing and musical elements are great too, because they're not too catchy and just creepy-weird enough for the whole thing to have a vaguely unsettling tone. Really really great achievement.

I'm not sure if CN is planning on doing another season, but the people involved should be very proud and I hope they get the opportunity to tell other stories later.

There's very little chance this won't make my top 10 this year.

How do you feel about Simon Universe?

There's not one new or returning show currently airing either side of the pond that I would rather watch over it right now.

I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread but it is functionally excellent at what it's trying to do.
Cool. I'll give it a shot.

TheOddOne

189.gif

There's not one new or returning show currently airing either side of the pond that I would rather watch over it right now.

I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread but it is functionally excellent at what it's trying to do.
Welp, time to put this show higher on my to watch list for this year.

Welp, my life.

TripOpt55

High praise. I recorded it because why not, but I'm a bit more excited to watch now.

Lots of premieres for next calendar year starting to pop up. I think Fox and ABC had a few the other day, but I didn't post them.
Sepinwall said:
First, the premieres on FX proper. "Archer" has its sixth season premiere (which will quickly dispense with the unfortunately-coincidental ISIS name) on Thursday, January 8 at 10 p.m. "Justified" returns for its sixth and final season on Tuesday, January 20 on 10 p.m., with guest stars this year to include Sam Elliott, Garret Dillahunt and Jeff Fahey. "The Americans" returns for its third season the following week, on Wednesday, January 28 at 10 p.m.

(FX also said the "American Horror Story: Freak Show" finale will air on January 21.)

Over at spin-off channel FXX, which has been revitalized thanks to its "Simpsons" repeats, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" returns for its 10th season on Wednesday, January 14 at 10 p.m. It'll be followed by the first new show to debut on FXX in "Man Seeking Woman," a comedy starring Jay Baruchel as a single guy looking for love, and co-starring Eric Andre, Britt Lower and Maya Erskine.
This also reminds me that I need to polish off a few 2014 shows that I've been sitting on for a while. Top 10 lists and end of the year content is probably coming up soon.

Dany

Banned
Dunno where to mention this but I started the west wing and I have a month to watch it all

Crossing my fingers

Wes

venison crêpe
Dunno where to mention this but I stared the west wing and I have a month to watch it all

Crossing my fingers

It can be done. Plus it's one of the best shows for back to back episode viewings.

If you can't get through all 7 at least try to get to the end of 4.

Dany

Banned
SO I finished season 1 of west wing a few days ago and it was great. The drama, characters and everything else is really top notch. Sorkin is preachy but so much more reigned in compared to newsroom.

Im like 4 episodes into season 2. :p maybe I will finish this before school starts ha

Vert boil

Ratsky's been nuked for a fortnight.

I'll post the Banshee, Looking and *shudder* Girls *shudder* threads.

I'll initially post the Spring tv one as well. When Ratsky gets back, Corn should pull the old 'split an old post off to its own thread' manoeuvre and move all the replies to the temp thread over to that one.

I was planning on doing the threads for Archer, Justified, and The Americans. I think that's it for me in January. Anyone that is lined up for other shows that are premiering, please note which ones you're planning on putting together.

Ratsky's been nuked for a fortnight.

I'll post the Banshee, Looking and *shudder* Girls *shudder* threads.

I'll initially post the Spring tv one as well. When Ratsky gets back, Corn should pull the old 'split an old post off to its own thread' manoeuvre and move all the replies to the temp thread over to that one.
JPNNvMu.png

Whaaat, why's Ratsky banned? :(
If you have questions about bans and moderation related items, feel free to send me a PM. Otherwise, these discussions tend to derail unrelated threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom