• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does the rest of your gaming year look like?

So I sat down and looked at what's in my backlog and what's upcoming and came up with a personal road map for the rest of the year. I'm curious what everyone has on their map.

I'm finishing up ToTK now and once that's done I'm going to do at least one playthrough of Star Trek: Resurgence, maybe two. After that I'm doing a current-gen playthrough of The Outer Worlds and the DLC which I never got around to originally.

Once I wrap that up I'm going to jump headfirst into Dragon's Dogma for the first time ever in anticipation of the sequel next year. Depending how long that takes me I plan to finally get Final Fantasy XVI or end up playing Assassin's Creed Mirage. If DD takes me close to the launch of Mirage then FF16 will be shuffled to the end.

Immediately after Mirage I will be playing Spider-Man 2 of course. By the time I platinum that I expect my wife to be finished with Starfield on our XSX so it'll be my turn to play that.

Floating stuff that will get played sporadically will be Fallout 76, Battlefield, Call of Duty,, and my ongoing slow playthroughs of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Ghost of Tsushima.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cleaning up Diablo 4 and Pizza Tower.
August looks like Baldur's Gate 3 right now.
September Starfield.
October Cyberpunk DLC, Spider-Man 2, Cities Skylines 2.

Rest of the year for catch-up on System Shock, whenever they release Suikoden etc.

GutsOfThor

I want to finish Ghost of Tsushima, Resident Evil 4 Remake and Fatal Frame IV before October hits so I can get Mirage and Spiderman 2.

SpiceRacz

Baldurs Gate 3 & Starfield are the only games on my radar the rest of the year. Beyond that, I'm just chipping away at my backlog.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm almost done with my NG+ run for FFXVI, so I might play game that havent finished until next month when Armoured Core VI comes out.

Krieger

The next games on my backlog I'll play are in the following order:
  1. CoD: Modern Warfare 2
  2. Dead Space Remake
  3. Crash Bandicoot 4
  4. Death Stranding
  5. Octopath Traveler 2
  6. Saints Row
  7. Horizon Forbidden West

Quezacolt

Like a dragon ishin
Mario + rabbids (the first one)
Final fantasy 12
Metroid prime remastered
Fire emblem echoes
Spider-man 2
Pikmin 4
Cyberpunk dlc
Baldur's gate 3
Super mario rpg remake
And some others that will release + some on my backlog

edit: Oh, forgot about armored core 6, even ordered the CE for that.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Starfield via game pass + upgrade
Zelda, need to finish it up.
Final Fantasy 16, hopefully after a patch
Spider-Man 2 from gamefly
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Alan Wake 2 from gamefly
Lies of P via game pass
Payday 3 via game pass
Forza Motorsport via game pass
Diablo 4, still have out from gamefly

acm2000

must plays:

starfield
cyberpunk dlc
forza
alan wake 2
stalker 2 (hah, yeah right, fu russia)

rest:

whatever shit comes to game pass that might look interesting

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Finish up TotK
Progressing through Grid, THPS 1&2 and Descenders

Backlog;
  • Bastion
  • Transistor
  • Demon Turf + Neon Splash
  • Dragon’s Dogma
  • Cuphead
  • Hollow Knight

Wish list;
  • Hogwart’s Legacy Switch (if the port is acceptable)
  • Kingdom’s of Amular Rereckoning
  • Kao the Kangaroo complete edition
  • Super Mario Bro’s Wonder
Played an hour of Bastion the other day when my kid had TotK, seems fantastic - like Hades without the random element.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's only July, so I have at least 20+ games left to finish this year.

I'm currently finishing Xenoblade 3 DLC. I'm about halfway through Diablo IV, Judgment, and Trails in the Sky SC. About 1/3rd of the way through Final Fantasy XVI.

Next up I have Jedi Survivor and Atelier Ryza 3 in the pipeline.

Later this year, I'm looking forward to Starfield, Like A Dragon Gaiden, Mario Wonder, Star Ocean 2R, and Mario RPG.

Stamps1646

-=Aug - Sept=-
  • Baldur's Gate 3
  • Hammerwatch II
  • Sea of Stars
  • Blasphemous 2
  • Payday 3
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
-=Oct - Dec=-
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Alan Wake II
  • Thirsty Suitors
  • The Invincible, if it releases this year.
  • Hades II - Early Access
  • POE 2 - Beta
-=GAAS titles=-
  • Diablo IV - Seasons 1 & 2
  • Tom Clancy's: The Division2 - Season 5 content +

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I have a large backlog with PSVR2 but now that I am fully in swing with Summer, I have no desire to wear a headset. Lots of these games will have to wait until winter (Cosmodread, Light Brigade, Hubris, Synapse, etc).

My most anticipated game is Alone in the Dark. I know there's some fall releases on my radar too, SH2 being one of them.

Once I'm done with FFXVI I plan on finishing FF7R and the DLC, as well as FFXIII, I was tearing through both prior to XVI launching. I also want to dip into some Saturn and PS3 games, I'm really hankering to get back into White Knight Chronicles, just one of those games that always stuck with me but I never completed at launch. Got WKC2 the other month and it has both games w/ improvements to the first title.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
On Switch:
Trying to finish Breath of the Wild to justify purchasing TOTK

On PC:
Now - Starting Grand Master playthrough of Jedi Survivor
- Street Fighter 6's sessions of me tearing my hair out
- Developing a new build for Cyberpunk 2077 in anticipation of Phantom Liberty, maybe completing a 3rd playthrough.
- Playing Early Access Baldur's Gate 3 just to emphasize the difference
- Tearing the rest of my hair out trying to finish Only Up!
- Diablo IV renown farming in preparation for Season 1

August - Baldur's Gate 3 & Armored Core 6

September - StarField & Phantom Liberty

October - Starfield and Assassin's Creed Mirage. Maybe pickup MGS collection and Alan Wake. Probably will cave and get Lords of the Fallen. Sprinkle in a little Forza. Not sold on Spiderman 2 yet, plus I'd need a PS5. Still praying for a pro announcement.

November - Pretty sure the mainstays will be Starfield, Assassin's Creed and Baldur's Gate. They will save me from Street Fighter 6 causing me to punch my monitor.

December - Pretty much the same

Trilobit

Recently finished Arkham Asylum. Playing through Spider-Man right now. Saving TotK for my vacation next month. Then off to Arkham City, maybe Miles Morales afterwards. Eventually The Outer Wilds.

Saving SOMA for darker periods of the year and then some The Long Dark when winter arrives. Probably saving Arkham Knight and Spider-Man 2 for next year.

I'd like to try out RDR1 also next year, and heard it might be remastered so waiting for that. So that's pretty much my upcoming year of gaming as far as I know.

Every time I try and plan things out past a couple games, the plan ends up changing. But there are a few things I know I'll be doing for sure even if I'm fuzzy on details and timing.

TOTK (already completed, still want to finish up the shrines and biggest sidequests at some point)
FF16
Monster Hunter Rise (haven't touched TU4 and TU5)
Sea of Stars
Super Mario RPG
Silksong??? Whenever that happens.
RE4 Remake at some point, if it drops enough in price.

Lots of new stuff, but aside from that I'll be playing what I fancy from my backlog and what's available on PS+.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
TOTK
Starfields
some beat em ups and good indies stuff maaaaaaaaybe Spiderman if it evolves the formulas

I only play the bests because every time I did its I get fat

Finish up 100%ing The Wonderful 101
Beat Ultra-V Rated on Viewtiful Joe
Finally push myself to beat the Bloody Palace with Trish in DMC4
Finish achievements for Dishonored 2
Finally get around to playing Dishonored DOTO
Finally get around to finishing Prey: Mooncrash
Finish the System Shock remake
In the Multiplayer side, more Hunt: Showdown
Maybe AC6?

So lots of character action games and immersive sims. Which is pretty typical for me the last few years with less time to game and go outside my comfort zone.

Finish FF16 (this game is soo good, I am 30 hours in says I have only played like 46%)
Finish Diablo4, maybe try a different character than a Barb.
Finish Zelda BOTW (yeah I am late to this. I had the game since 2019 and forgot about it until totk came out).
Play TOTK --- may be a bit still
Finish System Shock Remaster
Finish Everspace 2
Finish Dead Island 2 (started it and stopped for d4)
Finish RE4 remake - (stopped for Dead Island 2)
Finish Calisto Protocol (stopped for RE4)
Finish GoW (yeah another 2018 game i never finished)
Finish Days Gone
Play Cold war and alan wake (thank you ps+)
Play City Skylines 2 (when releases)
Play Suikoden remaster (when releases)
Play Baldurs Gate 3 (after releases)
Play Starfield (if works on steam deck, otherwise I will wait for a sale and bugs to be quashed, have enough to play)

Other games I play when not playing story games:
Pinball FX
Pinball Arcade (seasons 1 and 2)
Katamari 2 reroll
Foundation
Kingdoms Reborn
Clanfolk
Rimworld
Dwarf fortress
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Fallout 3 (on Deck, still need to beat, i had it on ps3 back in the day and never finished)
Tiny Rouges (on Deck)
Need for Speed Shift (on Deck)
Furthest Frontier
Grim Dawn

And countless other games... My backlog is a mile long going back to 1980s.

Now if I could only find time to play (after work there isn't enough hours in a day when you work 10 hour shifts and have other hobbies and responsibilities, relationships etc... Getting too old for the skip sleep / go to bed at 3am like i used to do )

Last edited:

Duchess

The Entropy Centre
The Messenger
The Witcher 3
Little Nightmares 2
Tormented Souls
A Plague Tale : Requiem
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Go_Ly_Dow

Finish Final Fantasy XVI (I wish it was 200 hours long as I don't want it to end :messenger_sad_relieved:)
Then play a classic like Xenogears or Wild Arms for the first time.
Star Ocean 2 Remake
Like a Dragon Gaiden

+Stellar Blade if it releases this year.

Last edited:

kingwingin

I have a few things I want to complete in my backlog. Axiom verge 2, psychonauts 2, Infernax. I’ll mostly be waiting for Mario wonder and Mario rpg. Have that week booked off.

Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
Baldur's Gate 3
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Hogwarts Legacy
Star Ocean The Second Story R
Sea of Stars
Starfield
6 Wild ARMs Games
4 Shadow Hearts Games
Fantasy Life i The Girl Who Steals Time
Metal Slug Tactics
DecaPolice
Rhapsody Marl Kingdom Chronicles
The Legend of Nayuta Boundless Trails
Front Mission 2 Remake
Infinity Strash Dragon Quest - The Adventure of Dai
Super Mario RPG Remake
Atelier Marie Remake
Persona 5 Tactica
Baten Kaitos I & II HD Remaster

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Armored Core 6

Starfield

Cyberpunk 2077 expansion

Star Ocean 2 Remake

That’s pretty much it for me.
EDIT: oh yeah can’t forget Super Mario Bros Wonder. Will definitely be playing that with my kids.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Currently playing FFXIII, Planet of Lana, Diablo 2, Splatoon 3 and Sword and Fairy.

July
  • Exoprimal (GP)
August
  • Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew
  • Sea of Stars (GP)
September
  • Starfield (GP)
  • Lies of P (GP)
  • Mineko's Night Market (GP)
  • Cocoon (GP)
  • Robocop: Rogue City
October
  • Lamplighter's League (GP)
  • Forza Horizon (GP)
  • Alan Wake II
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
November
  • Persona 5 Tactics (GP)
December
  • N/A

Currently planning on buying 4 games for the rest of the year. Waiting on impressions and reviews for a few like Armored Core, Super Mario RPG, WarioWare Move it.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Will Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes come out this year?

AC6, Suikoden Collection, Mario RPG, I already preordered the SO2 Remake, whatever comes out that’s good. Those for sure. Lies of P might be good for a week or two. Perhaps Alan Wake 2. I am hoping Starfield gets verified on the Deck otherwise I will skip it.

It's gonna start with Armored core, then sink my teeth into Starfield for a good while. Recuperate with a little Lords of the fallen. Maybe pepper in some Remnant 2 with the boys. And I really want to try this game The Precinct. Oh also, definitely Atlas Fallen. So in other words how the hell am I going to find the time for all this greatness?

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's gonna start with Armored core, then sink my teeth into Starfield for a good while. Recuperate with a little Lords of the fallen. Maybe pepper in some Remnant 2 with the boys. And I really want to try this game The Precinct. Oh also, definitely Atlas Fallen. So in other words how the hell am I going to find the time for all this greatness?
The Precinct looks great.

Fbh

I'm on vacation right now.
Once I get home I still have to finish ToTK, then I'll probably jump into FFXVI, then I might get Armored Core (depending on how the reception is around here and in general) and I'll probably spend the rest of the year catching up with earlier releases I've yet to play (Gow Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, RE4 remale, etc)

Raven117

Finish up FFXVI and Zelda...Hopefully in time for Starfield. Then....filling in gaps with stuff I'd missed or will miss playing Starfield. Lots of stuff coming out that looks great.

MagnesD3

1. Get JP to Master in SF6
2. Finish TOTK
3. Beat AC6
4. Finish Dragon Age Origins
5. Finish Perfect Dark
6. Beat Evil Within
7. Beat Astro Bot
8. Beat Dark Souls 3
9. Immediately ignore all others except getting JP to master if Shadow of the Erdtree drops.

MiguelItUp

• Finish up System Shock remake
  • Playthrough System Shock 2 Enhanced (if it drops this year)
  • Finish up Aliens: Dark Descent
  • More Battle Bit Remastered
  • Diablo 4 Season
  • Texas Chain Saw Massacre
  • Dark & Darker (whenever it drops)
  • Starfield
  • Robocop: Rogue City
  • Armored Core 6
  • Lies of P
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Blasphemous 2
  • Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
  • Mortal Kombat 1

Last edited:

oji-san

Banned
Finishing Ghost of Tsushima Iki island, next will be Call of Duty Cold War campaign, and perhaps Elex 2, September is reserved for Starfield, and i have some games like Hogwarts Legacy and Dead Island 2 i'm waiting for discount.

Hydroxy

Mostly just playing old games from my backlog. Currently playing Star Ocean 4 and Spirit Hunter Death Mark. After that I have Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2, Ys VIII, Return of the Obra Dinn, Chaos Child/Head, Disco Elysium, Caligula Effect 2, AI Somnium Files Nirvana Initiative. Might purchase Callisto Protocol during steam winter sale. Also Oxenfree 2 coming out tomorrow

Top Bottom