• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think could make GTA 6 better than GTA 5?

Personally, GTA 5 was my least favorite of the sequels. BUT I cannot deny its success. The game was released over 3 generations and made millions (probably billions?). They succeeded in making a giant open world that pushed the limitations of the original console on which it was released. Obviously GTAO also played a huge part in its performance.

That said, it's been a decade and there are definitely changes or improvements that could make GTA 6 superior. This is purely opinion based, but what for you would make GTA 6 a better experience? This includes ideas for the likely GTAO 2.0.

Seems like that'll be covered
bLdAnRx.jpg

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
  • Much more clever and reactive AI behavior.
  • A more advanced physics engine, for a more interactive open world.
  • More verticality and density in the map.
  • More emergent gameplay design
  • Give the player more choices in how to approach and complete mission objectives. In other words, don't punish players for thinking outside the box with BS fail states.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
bring back GTA4 driving physics, general physics, and artstyle
Bring back the euphoria full implementation, not this boring ass havok ragdoll BS
make missions about as open ended and emergent gameplay wise as GTA3
none of the boring driving missions like in SA
keep map size of GTA5 but give it actual content and stuff to do in, instead of confining all the story relevant missions to a portion of the map
release it in 2023 for V's 10th anniversary.

Last edited:
A more expansive multiplayer mode that would take all of the creative ideas from GTA RP and evolve it into an official mode with AAA money behind it.

Fbh

As someone in the minority who doesn't really care about the open world and have never really been into the whole idea of "making your own fun" in the game.
I'd like to see good gunplay and good missions design because both of those were terrible in GTAV

Last edited:

bitbydeath

-No slow walking areas like RDR2
-No trash gameplay movement/shooting like RDR2
-No button design fuckery like RDR2
-More advanced dynamic AI events than Days Gone
-Realtime weather system like Days Gone
-More varied enemy types that interact with each other like Days Gone

Last edited:

Raven77

Completely destructible building is where you can take c4 or other explosives and blow the pillars out from underneath and watch them topple realistically and even into other buildings.

Combine this with fluid physics where you can go into the aquarium and realistically shoot all the tanks including a giant multi-thousand gallon tank and watch the water flow out realistically combined with amazing AI where people run and try to escape.

Additionally give me a god mode where I can drop tornadoes, earthquakes volcanoes meteors and other things on to the city. I don't care if it doesn't make any sense, it would be awesome.

K2D

Banned
Basically a Rockstar GTA™ and I'll be content.

1) Have it feel like Miami (and surrounding world) would live on regardless of your actions in the world, 2) make the tiniest of actions create reactions through environment and NPC's, 3) it's DENSE, and 4) oozing with atmosphere; in any direction - there is something interesting and worthwhile that catches your interests anywhere you look.

Last edited:

Aenima

No mission failed just because you ringed the wrong bell. Let players get creative by completing the objectives any way they want without having to follow a linear path. Its dumb when GTA is pretty much a open world sandbox.

No mission failed just because you ringed the wrong bell. Let players get creative by completing the objectives any way they want without having to follow a linear path. Its dumb when GTA is pretty much a open world sandbox.
That's one that I hadn't thought of. Makes sense thought. Especially as someone who likes to play missions stealthy. Reaching objective really has felt rigid. Maybe I'm not remembering well but I think rdr2 was better about this

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm want them to really lean in on woke culture, identity politics and everything, and I don't mean just mocking the left.
Really show how stupid both sides are and have the protagonist just normal people living in the clown world.
But R* are probably too scared or have been infected with the mind virus as well.

Top Bottom