• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Need Another MotorStorm Game on Next Gen Console

Mobilemofo

**scrolls down** sees thread title. Finally!!

Came in to add my insignificant support. This and driveclub remake would quite literally make me piss my joggers. (Under armor 😆)

RPSleon

No reason for it being gone will ever make sense to me. It was alot of fun. They could do amazing things with it now. The deformation would be great.

CamHostage

...if motorstorm had continued, FH5 is what it would have become no doubt.

I still remember a few moments of assuming, when it was first announced, that DriveClub would be an open-world racing game. It seemed like, Oh cool Sony have their own FH / TDU, that'll be a good alternative to Gran Turismo since GT will never have a straight driving world mode... and then, it became clear that it was another circuit racer, confusingly another game in GT territory. Was not surprised by its short lifespan, sadly.

Open-world seemed to be a possible direction for a next-gen MotorStorm, although the courses were pretty carefully groomed for the various vehicle classes so I'm not sure how that would have worked out. (Evolution never had an engine for it anyway, despite some really impressive vistas in WRC & Motorstorm, but it's still something I wish had happened somehow.)

Last edited:

Killer8

I'd like to see Sony do it, if only to flex that we can now finally have graphics equivalent to the original CGI trailer but in real-time. Hell the CGI doesn't even look that impressive any more next to some modern games.

Fox Mulder

Unfortunately, it seems people would rather have (what I think is) boring sim racers instead of super-fun arcade racers these days.

Forza horizon just hits more boxes for a wide audience and can go crazy when it wants with expansions. Sony needs one. Put those Gran Turismo assets in another game like Forza does.

Last edited:
Im guessing Sony can do a remaster and make the game a graphics STD whore, to guage interest on the franchise.

OnRush was basically the same thing and nobody gave a fuck? soo.. is there enough interest?

Top Bottom