• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Nintendo finally make a proper single-player with Mario Kart 9?

LordOfChaos

Rumour has it that it will be MKX (not 9) and that it will be one of the most expensive game to date for Nintendo. No idea how trustworthy is this Zippo but some Spanish outlets pick up news from him.

2025 + most expensive, most likely a Switch 2/Nintendo Wizbang/Whatever showoff title

Nintendo may have avoided some of the steep cost curves of increasing graphics, but theirs will increase too as asset sizes get larger and there's many times more in games

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Honestly, I like the format as it is. It's a racing game. I just wanna race, and I like unlocking new stuff.

I guess Diddy Kong Racing would be the blueprint for a more sophisticated take, but I never particularly liked it. It was just a less convenient menu system.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m gonna be boring and say I hope they keep the formula mostly the same. I just want all new tracks. I want 32 of them, and I want them to be crazy and inspired. Maybe chuck in a few new items as well.

MK8’s gameplay is basically perfected at this point. No need to rock the boat, just give me more tracks!

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm surprised so many people are like "nah dont change it." Look at all the innovation and interesting ideas in Mario Wonder, you dont think they could do that with Mario Kart? Come on. There's a lot of meat on the bone here.

Woopah

I'd love a Diddy-style campaign in MKX. That would be the biggest improvement over 8 that I can think of.

Top Bottom