• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Getting New DLC Racers? Who Might They Be?

With Wave 4 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe going live, it appears there will be five more racers added in addition to the newly added Birdo. I didn't see any discussion on this particular topic and wanted to see who Gaf thinks the new five racers will be? I'm so used to the Super Smash Bros. character selection screen, which is massive. I know you can drive Captain Falcon's kart in Mario Kart 8 but he is absent. So, it seems logical Nintendo would finally give him his day.

Here are my unoriginal guesses on who they will be:
  • Captain Falcon
  • Star Fox
  • Icarus
  • Funky Kong
  • Zelda from Tears of the Kingdom
Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe-future-characters-five-slots.jpg

Patch Notes

Thoughts? Maybe some more animal crossing characters such as Tom Nook and or the twins? I've seen speculation that Nintendo could add Pauline lol.

nkarafo

I'm more interested on the new tracks. Not the mobile phone ones but the new remasters from previous console games. Unfortunately it looks like there are too many tracks from the crappy Tour game.

BlackTron

They must have something really wild planned for Mario Kart 9 if they are willing to dump this much content on 8.

Lillie

For all who play the MK8 deluxe booster pack, are you paying for the NSO + Ex Pack or did you individually purchase the DLC pass?

Saber

Gold Member
Probably another Mario and Peach clone, an another Kong, maybe Princess Zelda and that mole with sunglasses from SNES Mario.

Drell

For all who play the MK8 deluxe booster pack, are you paying for the NSO + Ex Pack or did you individually purchase the DLC pass?
Bought the pass individually because I have no interest in the other stuff given with the NSO+.

They said in one of the latest trailers more characters are coming but they’re from the “Mario Universe”.

Smash Kart will be kept for Mario Kart 9 and be part of their next console launch window around summer 2024 imo.

Impotaku

Bought it outright separately as I don’t want any of my content locked to a subscription. Same reason I bought the animal crossing expansion separate too. I have basic sub for online but none of my content is locked to it if I cancel my online I can still play it all fine if it’s locked as freebies to the online expansion pass you lose access when the sub ends.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
They have koopa-troopa, shy guy, dry bones, etc. Why not Goomba?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Forgot I bought this DLC. :goog_relieved:

I don't know who they'll be, but it'd be hilarious if they add Geno in Mario Kart but not Smash.

Kongs I reckon - a few more - and then bam bam, pom pom and Pauline.

Basically copying Battle League.

Last edited:

zombrex

Seems the info about characters is already datamined and all over youtube. Will avoid posting to keep the surprise for people.

Last edited:
The amount of content and polish in this game is unreal, I don't know how they're ever going to top it. That Yoshi's Island track is so good, brought back some childhood feels goddamn

RCU005

Pauline and Diddy Kong seem like a safe bet.
If they add a non-Mario character, they are just going to fuel the idea that the next Mario Kart will be Nintendo Kart.

Apparently, there’s a sus leak/datamine saying there’s files in the game for the following characters:
King Bob-omb, Petey Piranha, Hammer Bro, Chargin Chuck, Monty Mole, Diddy, Dixie, Funky, SNES Mario, Kamek, Pauline and Nabbit

Aside from King Bob-omb and Monty Mole, I’d really like to see Wiggler again. It’s kind of a bummer he hasn’t been featured yet.

L*][*N*K

Banned
I think Samus will be nice, Metroid series is on a high right now and including her in more games sure will only benifit that

There will likely be some characters featured in the Mario Bros. movie. Kamek, the Penguin, Cranky Kong, etc. I'd like to see Samus added, seeing as both Dread and Prime Remastered were so well received.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Who da fuck is Icarus? You mean Pit?

Edit: Also who da fuck is Star Fox? You mean Fox McCloud?

My vote goes to Punch-Out. He's cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom