• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass arrives March 9th

93xfan

Banned
Really excited for this! Such a worthwhile DLC purchase imo. Hate that there are 3 city tracks though. Truly don’t care about those at all

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Really excited for this! Such a worthwhile DLC purchase imo. Hate that there are 3 city tracks though. Truly don’t care about those at all
I dunno what is it, but so far there is something missing in them for me. I'm not invested also hard to see the sights while you're zipping thru.

Robb

Gold Member
The amount of tracks in this game is is insane at this point. Wonder what they’ll do for MK9.

93xfan

Banned
Just make Mario Kart 9 already
I heard they’ll start development once they finish up with the final amiibo suit.

In all seriousness, you know it’s almost certainly being being held back as an exclusive for Switch 2. It almost guarantees that system will get off to a great start

I was disappointed with this pack, the only real highlight was the new one based on Yoshi’s Island. But it played it too safe. 8 is stale and we need a new Mario Kart. And these Tour courses are such a bore, it honestly makes me not even enjoy playing these new cups, because you have to play through 2 Tour tracks just to get to one of the good ones.

I was initially excited for these course packs last year but they’ve just turned out to be lackluster. From track choice down to reused assets, to just recycling Tour tracks as filler. Really disappointing.

kevm3

DLC is a ton of value for the price...

I just wish there was a way to turn off all of the powerups. It's not even fun racing when I get hit with the squid ink, then a blue shell, then a red shell back to back to back. Its agitating

Grechy34

The city tracks could honestly be awesome if they actually put proper Nintendo touch to them but they're so lazy it's not funny. The DLC tracks so far have been okay but not outstanding. A lot of tracks are barebones, graphically inferior and to be honest feel a little bit like a little effort project compared to what we know Nintendo are capable of when they truly care about something.

93xfan

Banned
The city tracks could honestly be awesome if they actually put proper Nintendo touch to them but they're so lazy it's not funny. The DLC tracks so far have been okay but not outstanding. A lot of tracks are barebones, graphically inferior and to be honest feel a little bit like a little effort project compared to what we know Nintendo are capable of when they truly care about something.
Very true, but I do feel like Singapore really shocked me with its quality. I think that is the best city course by far

SCB3

People asking for a New Mario Kart here, what would you even add at this point to make it unique over 8? Flying? Back to Double Dash!! ? More liek a "Smash" Kart?

Personally I think 8 Deluxe is perfect as is and adding more Tracks is fine and a way to go in future, a new MK at Launch and supported over the 5-6 years with new stuff is ideal for a game like this tbh

nkarafo

The extra content is nice but the Tour courses bring the overal quality down. Visually at least they look far more simplistic and generic than the "native" or the older console remastered tracks. It's as if they don't get the same remastered treatment as the ones from the older games. And they are the most common too in each pack, with the last pack having three Tour courses out of the eight.

Sybrix

Are all these new tracks playable online?

If so, when you play online does it match you with other players who have access to these only?

Top Bottom