• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WARHAWK, BITCHES! gameplay video

Forsete

Yeah the warhawk water is damn impressive.

The only current gen game that comes close (its on PC but what the hell) is Silent Hunter 3.

silenthunter3-081.jpg

sh3-scr-02.jpg

Looks even better in motion. ;)

jimbo

Banned
The water looks great but I still think developers suck at water. As good as it looks, two generations later, and still no one has able to deliver a significant leap in water physics over freaking Wave Race. I am so tired of developers just using reflection maps and textures to create water. That's the problem with teh way graphics technology has gone, it's making it easy for them. They've been so lazy with water over the past 10 years it's a shame.

Someone PLEASE develop a good water engine that doesn't depend on maps. I want real 3D geometry with physics. Let the physics and motion direct the look and color of the water, not the maps.

Gattsu25

Banned
jimbo said:
The water looks great but I still think developers suck at water. As good as it looks, two generations later, and still no one has able to deliver a significant leap in water physics over freaking Wave Race. I am so tired of developers just using reflection maps and textures to create water. That's the problem with teh way graphics technology has gone, it's making it easy for them. They've been so lazy with water over the past 10 years it's a shame.

Someone PLEASE develop a good water engine that doesn't depend on maps. I want real 3D geometry with physics. Let the physics and motion direct the look and color of the water, not the maps.
Snowblind Studios says Hi?

jett

D-Member
jimbo said:

The water in the Warhawk video looked like "real 3D geometry" as you say.

Top Bottom