• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WARHAWK, BITCHES! gameplay video

Davew49

Impressive, about what I would expect from a next gen Warhawk title. I had a blast with the first, this one could easily find it's way into my PS3. The water did look impressive.

I wasn't blown away by it, but it was impressive.

DAVEW

Wollan

Like said in another thread, you just got to love the JAG inspired music theme. :D

Warhawk and I-8 ftw at PS3 launch.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Thats my favourite thinga about the start of the new generation, everyone rolls out the shooters..cant wait.

jimbo

Banned
The water looks superb. But now that I have seen the gameplay, I was expecting something with a completely different feel from the screens posted at E3. I hope not all enemies move in little patterns like 2D shooters, like they do in the video, and they throw in some good dogfighting. And what's up with the fog and the lack of draw distance?

Wollan

jimbo said:
what's up with the fog and the lack of draw distance?

It's only at the bottom near the sea(graphical effect, not shortcoming.). The draw distance goes on forever when he's out of the 'misty canyons'.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The water really looks incredibly good, and I like that the enemies move in groups and some kind of patterns, and not just being chaotic. Gives the destruction some extra charm :p
On the other hand, building structures didn't look as impressive as water, at least not in this video.

fresquito

The water looks fantastic. Since I never played the first one I´m a little disappointed to find this is not a simulator game, but something akin to Rogue Squadron in terms of gameplay.

Gattsu25

Banned
Oh shit

They BETTER have the cheesy live action FMVs

that was THE BEST story...I mean for fuck's sake...one of the endings has your character dying only to have the bad guy choke to death on a chicken bone

TeTr1C

Wait, wait wait....Warhawk?

Is this a new version of that kickass flight game on PS1? I loved that game!

It looks incredible, and I'm guessing it is the same since the plane looks the same.

Nice!

Beowvlf

Banned
That looks absolutely fantastic, definitely my number one most wanted launch (hopefully) game. The water looks unreal, and I'm surprised no one mentioned the incredible amount of enemies onscreen at once. There are a couple shots where it looks like there are at least 80-100 enemy fighters flying around, and nary a hint of slowdown.

Looked 60FPS to me as well, which is oh so sweet. Detail on the Warhawk is awesome too. My only complaint would maybe be the somewhat barren terrain, though it's still pretty good for a flight game.

Excellent, Warhawk was one of my favourite PS games. I think the first thing to strike me about it was the quality of the music, it was my second PS game and I was literally blown away. Played fantasticly as well.

This certainly looks the part, wish we'd get direct feed of these though. TGS has certainly kicked the crap out of E3. Very excited about PS3 and Rev. Bloody annoying that they're so far off though, going to be a long wait.

jgkspsx

This is the first next-gen game I'm genuinely excited about. SingleTrac/Incog have never been about having the best graphics, just really compelling gameplay (and stories with a killer twist of humor, as well). I think I would prefer groups of enemies in formation, ala Time Pilot, to the original Warhawk's loose confederation of things that kill you, but I trust them to do well. I can't wait till the buildings start to open fire...

Also, art style is better than the original. There's a real art-deco Miyazaki-esque feel to the ships this time. It's everything I'd hoped it would be :)

Edit:
mrbob said:
I wonder if they'll throw the original Warhawk in with the game as an unlockable bonus?
Jeez, don't. You'll only make us sorry. The PS3 is fully BC, though!

Also, the new logo friggin' rocks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wollan said:
Like said in another thread, you just got to love the JAG inspired music theme. :D
What is JAG?

I loved the music in this trailer, it reminded me of an old Amiga favorite, WW1 game "Wings"

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
This is why the PS3 is on top of my list.

Incredible water as everyone else has stated, and comforting to see such a smooth framerate with as many enemies on-screen. Obviously very early in development and makes me think this may miss launch if Spring is still in the cards. I've got faith in Incognito, though, and the final game should be a stunner.

Phoenix

I hope that was just a training area or something because being a fan of the original warhawk, that looks lame as hell.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Anybody else impressed with that framerate?

Yes. I couldn't care less about the water or the geometry on the concrete bunkers: I just wanted to know it would be eye-searingly fast, and it is.

I feel a little sorry for Incog that this is getting plastered everywhere as 'gameplay footage' as opposed to 'in-game engine test footage', but so it goes.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Still early in development, man - plenty of time to do justice to the awesome original! Can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Hey, I hope they bring back those crappy actors for the FMV bits, that was some campy shit. :lol

Drakken

Marconelly said:
What is JAG?

I loved the music in this trailer, it reminded me of an old Amiga favorite, WW1 game "Wings"

J.A.G. (stands for Judge Advocate General) is a fantastic military TV show that has its final season earlier this year. It had a great opening theme...it will be missed. :-/

Anyway, the water does indeed look real. Interest rising.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Cool the enemy ships were almost like birds or insects in formation....

Pimpbaa said:
Holy shit on a stick! That looks amazing! Always did wonder why they never made a ps2 sequel.

To make up for that travesty they should put a bonus of Warhawk 1 in this game, enhanced with this graphics engine!!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Pimpbaa said:
Holy shit on a stick! That looks amazing! Always did wonder why they never made a ps2 sequel.

The franchise just didn't take off like Twisted Metal. Sony decided to focus where the big bucks were.

I prefer Warhawk to TM. And, I too hope they capture the spirit of those campy cut-scenes with some kind of nod to cheesy FMV.

Wollan

What people tend to forget is that the PS3 Warhawk also have a FPS mode(and vechicle mode too). Think about it, land your oil spilling good ol'Warhawk at a enemy hangar and jump out guns blazing. Oh yeah!

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Pug said:
...the rest looks pretty ordinary.
What you mean like the unflinching speed and smoothness of everything? Yeah, we get that ALL the time...

Incog hasn't been a dev that focuses on bestest eye-candy possible so looking to their work as a litmus test of what PS3 is capable of when maxed out in that regard isn't likely to go anywhere. They focus on engine performance and stability.

jgkspsx

Wollan said:
What people tend to forget is that the PS3 Warhawk also have a FPS mode(and vechicle mode too). Think about it, land your oil spilling good ol'Warhawk at a enemy hangar and jump out guns blazing. Oh yeah!
what.

no.

Starfox Assault Redux? Please god no.

Drakken

Wollan said:

:(

Top Bottom