• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanted: Dead Announced- New game from Dead or Alive devs

Pantz

Gold Member
Looks cool. I'm in for it already.

Really curious what Itagaki is working on too if he passed up working on this.

Notabueno

Banned
It looks like Tecmo is but a shell of it's former self. It looks VERY rough, and already can see myriads of problems already mentioned. I fear this is not because it's alpha but because they don't have the talents anymore.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That dropped weapon pop in at 00:55 is not looking so great.

It has potential if it's any fun like most of 2000's era hack and slash games were. But it'll need a lot of work.

And I'm worried we are getting another poor "strong female character" instead of "well written female lead".

I'm really not seeing any modern Samus Aran's or Aya Brea's anymore.

plushyp

The main character description by the director is so cringy lol

Seems like he is struggling to give some depth to a character that they probably didnt spend more than 5 minutes thinking about

Looks average in every aspect so far.

Too long executions
Rather than cringy, the description looks more like a case of JP->EN rough translation.

Fantastic contribution to this thread.
It looks like Tecmo is but a shell of it's former self. It looks VERY rough, and already can see myriads of problems already mentioned. I fear this is not because it's alpha but because they don't have the talents anymore.
The game isn't produced by Koei Tecmo nor is being developed by Team Ninja.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Can we just get another Ninja Gaiden?

Also cmon, can we not do the t-shirts and jeans thing xD.
It's a sci-fi setting, and even then the character design is just so incredibly boring.

Edit: Oh I thought it was by Team Ninja.
Anyways what I said still stands.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Which anonymous mod is deleting posts featuring negative opinions? The game looks like shit fam 😂

It doesn't look like shit imo especially not for an early build, but it does look pretty uninspired and messy.
The art direction isn't exactly pleasing to look at imo and the animations could use work which I am sure it's going to get.

But the protagonist and the enemies look like stock characters or something.

Check out the uncensored announcement trailer for Wanted: Dead, a fast-action sci-fi game from a team of former Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive developers that's set in sci-fi Hong Kong. It's coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC in 2022.

Looks pretty rough.

Did they steal extras from a Rob Zombie film?

Looks good to me. Animations aren’t all perfect, but I bet it will play well and they are good enough. I’ll buy it just to support the former Team Ninja guys since I love Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden and action games in general. The main character from what I can see actually looks attractive as well. That doesn’t hurt either.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned

"there's more male nudity in your stories than in a Joaquin Phoenix flick" wat.

3x

I want to play it.

Last edited:

lachesis

For the longest time, I was looking at what that dev logo was saying. Is it 1101? or HOI? (like Hoy?) or IIOI...

But after quick google search, it's 110 Industries (so first three are numbers)
And I thought a dev actually had some issues to name themselves Ho 1 and put a female lead character...

Eitherway, it looks pretty last gen of course, but as long as it plays good, I may give it a try..

Isa

Gold Member
Day 1 here! Looks good. I'll always wonder what an action game based around the events with the DoA cast would have been like after I read that TN interview over a decade back. I would loved to have played as Kasumi on the run, maybe Ayane helping and figuring stuff out, their brother etc. Still looking forward to this, not enough 3rd person story games out there these days, much less ones that want to have fun and do stuff just because it looks cool.

Top Bottom