• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Island 2 is coming out to a "new platform next year", Embracer has confirmed

Draugoth

Gold Member
dead-island-2-a-1280x720.jpg

Dead Island 2 is scheduled for release on an unidentified platform in the coming year. While Wingefors didn’t elaborate on future release plans, he may have been referring to plans to bring the PC version of the game to Steam.

First announced in 2014, the zombie action RPG suffered a series of delays and changes of developer during a turbulent production cycle.

Dambuster, an internal Deep Silver studio, took over development in 2019 and the game was finally released in April for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store.

Kuranghi

I think I might get this, bit burnt out on Jedi 2, Horizon 2 and Dead Space Remake and RE4 Remake are amazing but not something I want to put on every night. I've been unwell for weeks so prefer more peaceful games lol.

Dead Island 2 isn't peaceful I know lol but it's not "scary" in the same way as the above two.

The gore system is just unbelievable, can't wait to see other devs copying or improving on it. It's not really new how it works I know, just a well polished amalgamation of techniques and systems. I'm not diminishing the work or anything is best-in-class afaics.

I just bought RDR 1 Remaster for PS5 though, doh! I think I can make myself mainline the story to get all the upgrades/systems unlocked and then power through the challenges, side missions and bases. You unlock a lot of the lower level challenges just by playing the game and hunting as you go anyway.

Top Bottom