• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGTech] Outriders PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Frame Rate Test (Demo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
We left this open overnight in the hope some actual conversation would take place, it's clear that this is not the intention of the thread. Instead of expending effort reply banning the usual culprits, we're just going to start closing these. We're not posting these video's just for a childish behavioural issue of one upping each other.

From the description:

The versions tested were 1.003.000 on PS5 and 2.3.2102.230 on Xbox Series X|S. Note that these version numbers correspond to 0.1.0.0 in-game.

Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 3456x1944 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2261x1272. On Xbox Series X a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160.

Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 2304x1296 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1536x864. On Xbox Series S a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160.

PS5 uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 3008x1692 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2112x1188. On PS5 a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3840x2160.

The native rendering resolution changes often on PS5 and Xbox Series X. The native rendering resolution on Xbox Series S seems to usually be below 1920x1080.

PS5 and Xbox Series X have some graphical improvements compared to the Xbox Series S such as extra trees and foliage, some higher quality textures and an improved draw distance for some shadows. PS5 has improved texture filtering compared to Xbox Series X http://bit.ly/3b0UCbw

Stats: http://bit.ly/37TWDEq
Frames Pixel Counted: http://bit.ly/3aXYNFd

Overall, XSX is showing much worse clarity, low resolution assets to "fake" its way to "arguably" higher resolution:

VEk2gvP.png

Taken from VGTech Google Drive: (Thanks to Lysandros Lysandros for the side by side crop)

PS5
out-demo-ps5-2.png

XSX
out-demo-xsx-2.png

PS5
out-demo-ps5-5.png

XSX
out-demo-xsx-5.png

PS5
out-demo-ps5-3.png

XSX
out-demo-xsx-3.png

PS5
out-demo-ps5-4.png

XSX
out-demo-xsx-4.png

Stats:

ps5vsxsxoutriderschart.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lysandros

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I suspect it's VRS blurring the pic on every game on Series X. PS5 uses a custom Geometry Engine instead, reducing the need for VRS. It may explain the better picture quality on PS5 in nearly every instance, even when Series X is supposed to have the same res or better.

Yup having higher resolution for extremely lower resolution assets doesn't mean shit, and above all of that choppy FPS.

VG Tech does good work. The data spreadsheet is always appreciated, and always on point.

Cheers to VG Tech, and cheers to you, Bo.

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Outside of the HDR issues (that devs said are already fixed for retail release), I really enjoyed the demo on my PS5. I know I am sucker for looters, but I am day one on this, I think it has potential.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
VG Tech does good work. The data spreadsheet is always appreciated, and always on point.

Cheers to VG Tech, and cheers to you, Bo.

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Outside of the HDR issues (that devs said are already fixed for retail release), I really enjoyed the demo on my PS5. I know I am sucker for looters, but I am day one on this, I think it has potential.

Thanks! Didn't like how it looks, feels clunky to my liking. I like their system that replicates Mass Effect: Andromeda combat system heavily, which had a wonderful combat gameplay.

Don't know, might end up getting it when it's already too dry and PS5 is collecting dust since Control UE.

assurdum

Banned
Man I read the relative thread on Era about the DF analysis. A guy has posted a couple of picture about the pc version saying it's the same graphic of the series X, to prove ps5 lightings is inferior to series X (weird but ok) and it's practically became a thing hearing them; others claimed it's practically the new trend (higher res Vs better performance) and it is again the pro Vs one X situation. Like the fuck is happened lately to such forum lol.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Man I read the relative thread on Era about the DF analysis. A guy has posted a couple of picture about the pc version saying it's the same graphic of the series X, to prove ps5 lightings is inferior to series X (weird but ok) and it's practically became a thing hearing them; others claimed it's practically the new trend (higher res Vs better performance) and it is again the pro Vs one X situation. Like the fuck is happened lately to such forum lol.
Totally not like over here 🤣🤡

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Some ppl are looking at resolution vs fps...and its like the tf debate all over again.

There's more to a game than resolution and fps. I just appreciate that there is more than one place doing analysis.

magnumpy

whatever happened to blast processing? they have forgotten the old ways! sure the resolution are higher, but what have we done to make up for it? to make up for what is clearly the worst thing that's ever happened. what have we done :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom