• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US Ridge Racer 6 Trailer!!!

I haven't followed this game at all, so forgive me for asking, but are there going to be tracks in this game that I didn't see in Ridge Racer for PSP? The PSP version is the first one I've played, so I'm not too familiar with the series.

xexex

Banned
in the high-bandwidth trailer - watch from 15 seconds into the video, until 18 seconds in - that's prerendered CG and that's more along the lines of what I wanted from a next-gen Ridge Racer. I'm not saying RR6 on X360 isnt going to be great, but it really looks like a quick port-job from PS2 with higher-res textures and HDTV 720p output. RR6 was most likely originally made for PS2 going by rumors/reports in 2003-2004. that said, I can't wait for RR6.

SkinSider

Banned
You meat puppets, with your cubicles and you lattes - you didn't even know the Drift War was taking place - as you scurry from job to home, never knowing, never realizing. THE DRIFT WAR WILL BE FOUGHT NOW!

- Because I am a Drifty

- Let's Eat the Drift

- No You Driftness

Victrix

*beard*
Fuck all that

1:08 defines why I want to play Ridge Racer 6 and not 'Other bullshit racing game with realistic twiddlyfucks and doozawings'

130+ cars and a bundle of tracks? Yeah, totally there

Not... buying 360 on launch there, but you know, totally... in the vicinity. Right.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
If someone told me that was PS2, I wouldn't beat an eyelash.

Looks fun though. You can actually sense some speed.

SkinSider

Banned
Slurpy said:
If someone told me that was PS2, I wouldn't beat an eyelash.

Looks fun though. You can actually sense some speed.

Other Slurpy classics:

This is seriously the 1st 360 game that impresses from the footage. Are there any reviews yet?
- Geometry Wars

Why do those models look... underwhelming?
- PGR3

Then don't buy it. If resolution is the only factor in your consideration of consoles, then maybe you don't deserve to have it.
- Revolution

Don't know, to me, these screen shots look more visually pleasing than PGR3
- Test Drive Unlimited

Wow. If true, then this system is looking more and more like a technical stopgap between the last generation, and the next (ps3). Something like what many considered th dreamcast.
- PGR3

Erm- am I missing something, or could pass as an Xbox title. I'm sure its great and all, but next-gen? Sorry, no.
- Oblivion.

Now, it might look like I just spent a long time doing that, but repeat the experiment. Click More Posts By Slurpy, then basically paste in all his 360 posts in order. Takes like, a minute. Obviously Slurpy is not alone.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
:lol

Glad to see I have a fan. As always, it's called expression of opinion. I do like geometry wars, however. That must count for something.

Ad you're right, I'm not alone. Alot of those opinions (not all of them) are shared by many others.

OH, and isn't Test Drive a 360 game? And wasn't that a positive comment? 0wned.

Ryck

SkinSider said:
Other Slurpy classics:

- Geometry Wars

- PGR3

- Revolution

- Test Drive Unlimited

- PGR3

- Oblivion.

Now, it might look like I just spent a long time doing that, but repeat the experiment. Click More Posts By Slurpy, then basically paste in all his 360 posts in order. Takes like, a minute. Obviously Slurpy is not alone.
Wow...

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
m0dus said:
Nevermind the other slurpy classics--I'm trying to figure out how small someone's peener has to be for him to refer to fapping as beating an eyelash . . . :)

It's alright modus. We're still friends.

Top Bottom